Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Strawbeary designs Strawbeary designs
Lancashire

Hi guys, so I've been making my bears for a while now and mainly use polymer clay for noses. I attach a little loop of wire in the clay, bake them, take the wire back out then superglue it back in the nose ready to attach with thread.
Recently I've seen a lot of critters with polymer clay faces...feet..ears etc. Also I know a lot of you make polymer clay paw pads. My question is HOW do you attach them? If I wanted to attach some polymer paw pads how do I do it and Is there a particular glue?..epoxy?..E6000?.. you recommend and do you still attach wire to the back?
And is it the same for attaching full faces to a furry creation? I'm presuming trimming the mohair/Alpaca right back to the fabric but then what?
Sorry if it's a long question but I'm dying to have a go at creating something a little different from my usual!xx

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

I am not sure but I could take a guess. When you sculpt the feet, muzzle. pads...., I would put a rim around it and poke holes close together on the rim. Once baked, I would sew it in like your would be sewing two seams together but in this instance it is sewing one fur piece to the the baked clay. I hope this makes sense. Now fair warning, I have never done this but if I were to experiment, this is where I would start.

Board footer