Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Does anyone know if ther are any bear clubs  near or in the Dalla Texas area? I have a friend that just moved there and she wants to meet with other bear artists... Winney

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yes, there is, Winney . . . I don't belong, but think I might be able to get some info on it.  It may take awhile.

White City, Oregon

Yeah ! Sue..She mentioned there are 2 shows there in Texas, that tells me there has to be some bear artists around...one show is in Austin . I will wait for your info. then get back to her...appriciate it...Winney

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

There are two shows in Dallas, one in Austin, and up until this year, one in Houston.  Valerie Rogers (Bright Star) does one Dallas show and the Houston one.  Don't know if she's done with Houston, or not.  Pat Moore does the other one in Dallas, and Luann Bowen (LuLu Bears and a TT member) heads up the Austin show.  For the last couple of years, Luann has done a workshop/show in Fredericksburg, TX, in the spring and it seems to be catching on.  May be a little bit before I get back to you with the Bear Club info, and if I seem to have forgotten, give me a nudge!  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

White City, Oregon

Wow..your fast Sue... OK I'll wait til you find out..Hugs, Winney

lulubears Posts: 280

I just read the message about the Dallas Bear Club.  There is a "loosely" knit group from the Dallas area that get together on a monthly basis.  They are more of a social group than anything else, but do try to keep each other apprised of shows, workshops, etc.  It is called the Texas Bear Artist Guild, and has about 30 members.  They pool their wares together and set up "guild" tables at the shows that allowed shared tables.  If anyone would like more information, you are welcome to e-mail me privately.

As for shows in Texas, Sue Ann was right.  I host one the last Sunday of each year in Austin, Pat Moore hosts one in Dallas (usually in January or February) and Valerie Rogers hosts one in Dallas in October.

We do host an annual retreat in Fredericksburg, and just returned from our annual retreat 2 weeks ago.  We had an absolutely fabulous time, and managed to get 4 workshops finished!  Next year, we are adding an additional workshop, so it will be a really fun-filled weekend with even more planned!

Hugs,
Luann

White City, Oregon

Oh wonderful Luann...I will pass thsi info. onto her and give her your e-mail address... Thanks a bunch gals..Winney

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Hi Luann,  bear_flower
I've just sent you a PM......didn't want you to miss it before you signed off.

Warmest hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Aaaahhhh, Luann, thanks for giving Winney the Dallas Bear Club info . . . you were much quicker with it than I was gonna be.  I have the info, but it's somewhere in the mess of stuff that I take to shows, so it was going to take awhile for me to sift through it all.  Thanks a bunch!   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Board footer