Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

I know a lot of you out there are feeling down about sales on eBay and elsewhere.  Please remember.....it's tax time.  This happens every year.  March and April are usually low months for most artists.  Not all, but most.  This is a great time to work on new designs, clean your studios or work areas, or learn something new you've been dying to try.  Sales should start to pick up again around the first of May.  Hang in there!

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Aleta, that's something I hadn't thought about - it's also getting close to Easter and although it's not as huge as Christmas,  there are family members that need "pressies" and "chocolate" (like me LOL!) 

Hugs,

Brenda

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon
Aleta - The Silly Bear wrote:

it's tax time.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!   bear_angry   bear_angry   bear_angry   Having absolutely nothing to do with bears!!!

Portland, Oregon
Website

Ahhhhh.....but a lot to do with bear......sales!   bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad   I used to own my own retail shop.  March and April = stinkers   May, June = an upswing  July, August = Back to school = down turn  September, October, November = Yippee!  Skippee!  December = Christmas = UP!.....unless you're a bear artist....then you have to wait until....January, February = upswing

Lesson:  Follow the bouncing ball and roll with it when needed.  It's not rocket science.  It's retail.  If you're selling, you're retailing.  If you're bucking the trend.  Hooray for you!!!

This is meant as a general guide.  Some artists will always sell well regardless of the time of year.  Do not compare yourself to how others are selling, especially if they are well known and you are just starting out.  Keep in mind that there are so many variables in this formula......ie: trends, politics, weather, etc.   The main idea is to put forth your very best effort in strong sales times.

Hopefully this helps those who are struggling with:  Is this what I'm really supposed to be doing or am I wasting my time and money? 

My very best wishes and warmest hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Don't remind me about tax, I've got a years worth of accounts to do. I know I should do them as I go along but I hate doing them!!! bear_angry

minkbears Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Lakewood CA
Website

Thanks, Aleta!

Since I've been depending on my bear sales for income for the past 18 years, I totally agree with your up and down months. After all these years, the ups and downs still make me "sea-sick".

Bear Hugs~ Kathy

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Aleta - The Silly Bear wrote:

Please remember.....it's tax time.  Aleta

AAAAAAAAACCCCKKKKKKK!!!!!

Portland, Oregon
Website

Go for it, Erin!   bear_original 4 yards is a LOT of new bears!!

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original  Great advice, Aleta--thanks!

Cows are good, Erin!

Eileen

Board footer