Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Oh Dear,
my ebay auction has been pulled  bear_wacko

I completely forgot that when listing on ebay.com you can't add any website info but you are allowed to on ebay.co.uk.

So, to the girls who bid on 'Luna' from here at TT - sorry!

I will not be relisting 'Luna' on ebay so you will have to see the 'Bears for Sale' forum here at TT.

Apologies again my dears and i won't be doing THAT by mistake again  bear_tongue

i'm such a Silly Billy sometimes  bear_rolleyes

Penny xxx

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Penny.  I just now got two of my auctions axed off ebay!  Same reason as yours.  I think it is most likely someone has turned us in. bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_sad I didn't even know that a link to your website could get your ebay auction killed off!   bear_shocked  Is this a standard practice among the auctions?  Or just an ebay thing?  Seems pretty rude to yank an auction over a website link..  bear_angry

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

I didn't even know that a link to your website could get your ebay auction killed off!

It was'nt a link Debbie just my avatar pic that i use here on TT but on ebay.com you can't have even that over here in GB you can and i just forgot!

Still there is one good thing about it getting pulled.........I GET MY MONEY BACK!!!

I think i shall print out the message from ebay and get it framed, ebay is ACTUALLY giving money back!..............i must go and lie down..........
bear_laugh  bear_grin  bear_tongue  bear_laugh  bear_grin  bear_tongue

Penny  :hug:

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Oh no!!  People list web sites all the time and Ebay lets it slide.  Why now, all of a sudden, are they pulling listings?  It's just crazy!  Are they still charging you all the fees? 

In your future listings, if your "me" page and website are linked you can make reference to viewing more of your bears by clicking the "me" icon.  That way you're not listing your web address. 

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

P.S.  I see you've just answered my question!  bear_original

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

OH POO!!!! ] Bloomin BOOGERS!!!!   bear_cry   bear_cry

Hugs PEN!!   :hug:   :hug:

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

You can have a link to your website on Ebay.com, but only if is on your ME page.  Penny, I think the first time I ever emailed you, it was to warn you that your auctions could be pulled if anyone complained, as you had your website on your auction page.  I didn't know that you were allowed to do that on Ebay.UK - I find that really odd.  I'm sure someone must have complained as that's really the only time they seem to cancel the auctions.  Do people have nothing better to do than to look at all the auctions, to see if they can find a reason to have t hem cancelled - good grief!

Hugs,

Brenda

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

I knew you could not have any website info on your listing...BUT...I have been adding my lovely Banner add that Shelli made for me in my listings.  It looked so very nice and professional.  BUT.......it had a ".com"  and ebay will axe auctions that they catch...or that someone turns in...hhhmmm  aaarrrgggg... I kind of new it was only a matter of time..... bear_wacko

I just had TWO pulled ,...same time as Penny's.  They were pulled about two minutes before my Benjamin Bear auction ended....they didn't kill that one because they had some money to make off it...it sold for a nice price...I am glad they left it alone.

Gee whiz!

Megelles Megelles
Brisbane
Website

Did they warn you about taking removing your auction??  I have had a warning on Aussie ebay when I first selling regularly.

I think now someone has to report it. I also have just noticed a button at the bottom of the auctions that says

What else can you do?
Back to list of items  |  Ask seller a question  |  Add to Calendar  | Report this item |  Printer Version

I have never noticed it before this weekend.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

I am sure Penny and I were reported by someone.

bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry

POOP on THEM!

It is a shame that there are mean spirited people out there.

Hey Penny ......A good friend will always bail you out of jail,  BUT  a BEST friend will be right beside you saying, "Dang! That was fun!"

Are we having fun yet Penny? bear_wacko  bear_whistle  :hug:  :dance:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I don't see how they can possibly have an automated system that pulls auctions when the .com content is within an IMAGE... there's no way to scan for that, that I'm aware of.  That means that definitely, someone is watching, reporting, or otherwise personally and individually monitoring.

We need to abide by their rules... and this happened to me once not so long ago as well.  Auction pulled after several very nice bids, actually, because I used a graphic image which contained my website URL.  Oh well.

Judi, I'll edit your banner and resend so you can keep using it without the .com part.

Sorry, girls... that entirely lags.

bear_sad

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

I remember that happening to you Shelli.  I knew also that there was a chance I would get pulled off ebay for the .com thing.....I guess there are people out there that just don't like me.  Oh well.

Thank you Shelli, for offering to edit my banner add for ebay. :hug:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Already done and sent; check yer email, girly! bear_original

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Y  O  U    R O  C  K!!!

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Can you get pulled for saying made by Jazzy Rags, i hope not because i say that all the time

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

No, Fran... just for including your website URL -- or any website URL for that matter -- in your auction.

The idea, as I understand it, is that you aren't allowed to have any "third-party" references to websites that might conflict with the interests of eBay.

It makes sense, actually; if you post an auction on eBay that contains your website, you're essentially using eBay as "free advertising" for your own website... even if that isn't remotely your intention, and even though you're making them money in the process.

Hope that eases your concerns!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Yes, I suppose it is better to play by thier rules and not have your auction ended early.  Geeeesh...like we're really going to pull all kinds of business away from ebay. bear_wacko  but I do agree with you Shelli.

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

I guess the safest way IS to play by the rules, but it's confusing when the rules aren't the same from one country's Ebay to another.  I find it odd and a bit unfair.  I'm really sorry you girls had your auctions pulled - just ain't fair!

Hugs,

Brenda

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

I just relisted my two pulled auctions.  I am NOT going to let some tattle tale win!

I had to retype both auctions .  I am new to Seller Sourcebook and did not 'save' my auctions before transfering them to ebay the first time around.  Live and learn. :doh:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Sounds to me like someone is jelouse!

:hug:  :hug: to both Judi and Penpen

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

some people have nothing better to do, how mean spirited they are

taralee teds Taralee Teds
south australia

I am a bit sneaky then! I use templates to design my ebay auction pages and because of that I can have my web address listed and it goes undetected! I once tried to put my web address in a normal listing and before I even got to list it I got a big warning at the bottom of the page saying that web links were not permitted etc etc!! I list on Oz ebay so I dont know if our rules are different but so far I havent had an auction pulled (and because its my own template I can have heaps of photos and I only pay for the gallery one!!)

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

You can only have website info on your about me page and NO where else and yes jealous people always turn everyone in. They have done it to me many times over the years, until I learned OK play it totally by the stupid rules on your auctions and they won't be able to cancel them anymore!
You know Ebay they want ALL the money! LOL

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

bear_sad  bear_sad I so sorry this happened to you gals!!  Someone definitely has a mean streak, jealous bug, or both. bear_angry

Just a thought, but I think it's mean spirited of ebay to not allow website links in the auctions.  After all, don't most artists with a website that sell on ebay also have a link to ebay in their site?  That generates $$$ for ebay too!

:hug:
Tracy

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

You're right Tracy!  I have a link to eBay on my web site....though I rarely use it anymore.  It all really boils down to eBay making a buck.  If they think you're profiting from listing your site on their auction and in turn may be making another sale that they're not reaping the benefits from, well,......there you go.  Nevermind that you link their site to yours.  It just doesn't seem fair at all.

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Board footer