Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

This is just a follow up post to my 'oh dear, my listing has been pulled' posting of yesterday.

It is soooooo strange.

I had two auctions running, one for Luna the Moonling bear and another for my graphic work. And although Luna's auction got pulled because i had accidently left my web URL on one of the pics my graphics auction had LOADS of URLs all over it yet it did'nt get pulled. It was listed in the same category too but on eBay.co.uk not eBay.com so it must be OK to have a web address on that one must'nt it?
I have trawled all through ebays help pages and can't find out if this is true or not - i mean, if someone reported my Luna listing i bet they would have checked to see if i had any other auctions running would'nt they and reprted them both?

hmmmm, the plot thickens  bear_wacko

I really must try and find out what's going on with eBay policies cos now i'm even more confused than ever - and THAT'S saying something!!!
bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh

You can say that again Erin - i often see auctions on ebay.co.uk with web addresses on them and they don't ever seem to get pulled.

I mean, one of our TT girls emailed me a while ago to tell me that i could'nt have my web URL on my auction (this was a few months ago) and i wrote back saying that because it was on ebay.co.uk it was alright - if you make your auction open to all countries then it autmatically gets added to ebay.com whether you have your URL on it or not

SO, i reckon that even if i leave my URL on my next auction - put it on ebay.co.uk available to bidders worldwide i could still have a web address on it AND have it on ebay.com too? Could i? See, my head is in a tangle now.
bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko

Fred  :hug:  - i can't even remember my own name now...........where am i?

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

I don't think you can have it on either .com or uk. I think the person just reported that listing. I had a quick look on how to report someone for violations and you have to put the item number in. Be on the safe side and don't have it on, just link to an about me page. I checked ages ago if that was OK to have your web address on and it is. As to other people having links on the main page, its just they have been lucky and not been reported. What a week! :hug:

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original  Yo, Fred--

If one auction was pulled and the other wasn't, I suspect the reason to be far more sinister than some policy glitch or another.

Maybe Luna's auction was pulled because some crud is targeting bear auctions--but doesn't care about anything else, like graphics services auctions.

Eileen

Maybe Luna's auction was pulled because some crud is targeting bear auctions--but doesn't care about anything else, like graphics services auctions.

ha ha ahahahahaha aha haha ha a! 'some crud' giggle giggle

very funny Eileen - i had'nt thought of that.

Penny :hug:

clare14 Country Bears
England

Awww Pen, I've just been catching up, what a bummer  bear_sad    Luna was doing really well, and you've got loadsa Luna fans, it'll still be fantastic I'm sure!!   bear_wub

I have tried to put my website in my listing before, and you know it's recognised it and prohibited me from doing it, and I only list on ebay uk.   Miserys!!   bear_laugh

Now I just have to hide it in my about me and hope people look!!   bear_original

Luna is lovely by the way.....   :hug:  :hug:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

I don't think that is strange Penny.  It just convinces me even more that the Luna auction was reported by someone while  your other one was wasn't.

Some people can't stand to see others succeed. bear_sad

Board footer