Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Churton M Posts: 43

I've been trying for ages to find my own distinct paw pad style and have tried all sorts of things but each technique I try has either ended up looking awful or is such a faff and takes ages to do with no real stunning end result it takes the enjoyment of making away.
So I thought I'd try needle felting onto my paw pads to give some shape and contours to them; I have never needle felted in my life! I have done some research into basic needle felting principles etc but just wondered if any of you could give me some tips or advice. I have had a go at one but I'm not getting the smooth finish and 'plumpness' to the toes I had hoped for and keep adding more wool but it just keeps getting fatter rather than rounded and toe like. Look for ward to hearing from you all :-)

asthehind Posts: 16

Needle felting is a great way of doing toes in my humble opinion! One thing I have learned is that you will stab yourself. There's no getting round that! If you keep stabbing away with your needle in one place that area will be denser and lower than other areas that have been worked less. Make sure you're using the right needles - coarser ones for the initial work, and finer ones for getting that nice finish. Keep practicing! It's quite a forgiving, if painful, medium. This page has some helpful tutorials:
https://www.sarafinafiberart.com/articles.asp?id=262

Churton M Posts: 43

Thank you soo much this is a really useful link I have added to my favourites :-)

Board footer