Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

b.jpgHope this works and generate a thumbnail image for my earlier post.

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

Yay!!!  It worked.  I will get this stuff figured out yet!!

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

Connie, he is beautiful!  I really love his colour - or perhaps he is really a she?  Anyway, it doesn't matter because (s)he has turned out gorgeous.

Jane P.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What a super lovely bear, Connie . . . and that color is delicious!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Gorgeous!  Did you hand-dye the mohair?  It's a great color!

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

Thank you, everyone, for all the comments and compliments on my bear(s)!  To get the color, I used a taupe-colored mohair with a dark back and set it in warm Tropical Punch for about an hour.  Then I rinsed and spun it dry in my wash machine and set it out overnight.  I like how the dark back shows thru the pinkness - gives it sort of an aged appearance.  Its really weird how the cotton backing doesn't take the dye...........  The color in person is sort of salmony.  Anyway, it was something in my head I wanted to try so now its out of my system.  I need some more practice on the trimming and transitioning at the bridge of the nose.  In the photos, that area looks very choppy - not so bad in person.....

Anyway, now I am starting on another pink bear using the Gregory Gyllenship pattern from Teddy Bear Scene.  If it turns out, I will post photos.

Thanks again for looking, everyone!

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

That's a very nice bear, and a lovely color!

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

What a wonderful  looking bear, i just love him ( i think he looks like a he) bear_wub
I can't wait to see your next bear.

Hugs
Vicki

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Connie what a magnifcent creation .......

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

I love your bear.  I see you, like myself, enjoy playing with dye.  It is so much fun to see what you come out with, and the color is definitely original.

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

LOVE HIM......MMMMMMM
LANIEX

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Wonderful Bear, Connie and the colour has turned out well.

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Wow!  He's fabulous!!  Love the color.  Love the facial expression.  VERY nicely done.  Bravo!!  bear_flower

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Lovely bear Connie!!!!!!  I MUST experiment more with dying myself... I've on;ly done it a couple of times... your results are fabulous!   bear_wub  bear_smile  Hey, I was peeking at the background scenery... looks pretty much like it does here... then I noticed you are in Ohio!  Me too!  You folks are a bit warmer down there in Cincinnati though!  I actually have quite a few relatives in the Cincinnati area... and tons more kin down in Laurel County, Kentucky.  The roots on my Mother's side are long deep and twisted into those Kentucky hills!  Then some decided to head up "north" to Cincinnati! 

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Awwww, where have your bear cubs gone Connie?

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

Penny, I posted this bear twice cuz I couldn't get a thumbnail.  My cubs are on the other posting!    bear_original

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

He's absolutely wonderful!!! I especially love the colour!!
Matilda bear_thumb

Board footer