Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

Well, the time is fast approaching.  My boys leave with their dad for London tomorrow morning to visit his parents.  They're actually leaving me tonight as Tim is picking them up, so they can go directly from his house in the morning.  I miss them already!!!!! bear_cry  bear_cry  What am I going to do with myself for 10 days? bear_shocked   I will clean the house.....and it will stay clean cuz the boys won't be here.  They will be thousands of miles away from me.  That's what really bugs me, I think.  The fact that they will be so far away from Mom.  Aaack!  bear_sad  bear_sad   I am being upbeat about it though, at least outwardly, as they are soooo very excited about the trip.  Nathan has been there once before and can't wait to go again.  This is Zach's first time going, and he's totally psyched about the airplane and the huge toy store in London (forget the name...Nathan knows it...he wouldn't forget that!)

I guess I will have to stay busy..........I see lots of bear making in my near future!! bear_grin

:hug:
Tracy

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Aww Tracy, I know you will miss them, but perhaps you can still enjoy being on your own and do all the things you can't do when the boys are with you? Just spoil yourself. :hug:  :hug:
The toy store is called Hamley's I think.  bear_tongue They got artist bears. bear_smile

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Yeah the shop is Hamleys - fabulous huge EXPENSIVE toy shop (or at least some of it is) - the kids will have a great time here Tracy and they can always pop round here for tea and cakes ha ha ha

I suggest that you revel in your 10 days of peace Tracy cos the time will fly and the kids will be back home and you'll wonder why you nevr took advantage of the free time!

Hope they have a great time  :hug:
and you too
bear_tongue

Penny  bear_wub

Iowa
Website

Hamley's !!  That's it....I remember now!  Sooooo, they have artist bears do they? (I didn't visit the store with Nathan last trip....had my own agenda to Harod's  and the doll and toy museum that day! bear_tongue ) Hmmmm, might just have to drop a hint or two that Mom needs a souvenir from their trip bear_grin  bear_grin  Or.........I could just send them over to Penny's for tea and cakes........I bet a Moonling would fit in a suitcase for a trip back to Iowa! Hee Hee! bear_grin  :lola:  bear_grin

I image I will get over the worst of this "separation anxiety" after a day or two...maybe.  I'm sure I can find some extra cleaning to do, too.  Like really clean the boys' rooms while they're not in them!!  I am a bit scared to go too far into Nathan's room though.......something might be living in there! bear_grin   And I fully intend to immerse myself in mohair the entire 10 days!!!!!! bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin   

Hugs
Tracy

clare14 Country Bears
England

Ooooh Tracey, it would be heaven to have 10 days child free........<dream>   ENJOY IT!!!!   :dance:    How old are your boys??

Oh no, you're all thinking 'How could she say that?'............ If you lived an HOUR with my 2 you'd know........believe me.........  bear_original

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Clare... I'm the same way!  I feel like I'd give anything to have the house all to myself for 10 days!   :twisted:  bear_whistle   Don't feel bad!

Tracy...I do know that feeling though... when they are gone (I've only ever been away from my two youngest for 48 hours at the most!) and you feel kinda like you are walking around with only one of your arms or something.... There is just something so clearly missing! 

Just think about what you are gonna get done though... or then again.. you could just do absolutely NOTHING at all, and not be interupted!  Oh... the sheer bliss!   bear_tongue  bear_wub

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Iowa
Website

bear_cry  bear_cry Okay, kids officially gone now and I'm kidless for 10 days.  You know, they've been gone this long before, but it was only 35 miles away at their dad's, so it didn't bother me as much.  Knowing they're going to be so far away in London is hard!!  Tim promised to call me as soon as they get there.  That helps.

Clare-Nathan is 11 (turns 12 April 15th....First birthday he won't be with his mom.....the Easter bunny won't be coming here this year either! bear_cry )  and Zach is 4, turns 5 in June. 

Zach is still very much a 'mommy barnacle'.  I hope he does okay on this trip.  He loves his dad too, but he's very attached to mom.  Nathan won't have a problem.  He's gone to camp for two weeks the last two summers and is going for a month this year.  That's just in Minnesota though..again, not far from home.

Oh, yes, there are times when I am more than happy to have the kids at their dad's and be kidless for a couple of days...and times when I actually look forward to their dad's weekend coming up! bear_innocent   Even with the age difference, or maybe because of it, my two fight constantly.  Drives me nutty some days!!  So, I know what you ladies are talking about.  Don't feel bad at all Clare!! 

I have had chocolate therapy already tonight.  I made a batch of double chocolate brownies, and ate some BEFORE supper!! bear_grin   We just ordered a chicken and broccoli alfredo pizza from the Pizza Ranch for supper too.  I'm gonna be bad tonight!!!  :twisted: bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

:hug:
Tracy

Board footer