Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I am back from the last appointment before surgery.

They were wondering why I was having so much trouble walking. 

hmmmm

It has been 14 days since I slipped off the bar stool and landed on my little buttbone.  For those purists Out there it is known as the Ischeal Tuberosity.

So I told her the story and proved that I did have full range of motion.  But she insisted on xrays....

She said if it were a fracture or break they would have to postpone surgery

I said what will you do if it is fractured?
And she said what I have been saying all along:

NOTHING

So? Why postpone surgery?

I pointed out that I am incredibly self motivated

That I will have wonderful drugs to numb the pain compliments of her prescription pad

and that since it is all on the same side, well the supposed fracture could heal along with the knee.

I also pointed out that the hubs is ordering an above ground pool that snaps together and will allow me to do the hydrotherapy daily that they want everyone to do..

(for those interested it snaps together, goes up in a day, is 4.5' deep and holds 6500 gallons of water....)

So she looks at the hubs and says:

" Show me a worse patient than a nurse."

And he wisely replied:

"And I will show you a doctor"

So we did the xray thing

and yes it is a nice little fracture-kind of a chunk missing....ooops  :redface:

BUT WE ARE GOING AHEAD WITH THE SURGERY AND I CAN HEAL FROM BOTH AT THE SAME TIME!!!! WOOOHOOO

However the hospital had to change the day to the 19th......thats ok....I can live with that

To all you wonderful friends to whom I will owe cards....It will be the perfect recuperation type project.....and i thank you humbly from the bottom of my heart that you are letting me wait to make yours until after surgery

So!  That was my day....how was yours?

dilu

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Hey the 19th is a good day...my youngest sons birthday!!!!

My day...my back is in spasms...recovering my a terrible migraine yesterday...but all in all I'm a happy camper today...could it be the drugs  bear_whistle   bear_whistle

And Dilu darling...what were you doing to fall off the barstool my I ask and you have to tell the truth or I'll just come up with my own story  bear_grin   bear_tongue

Hugs,
Shantell
Slightly Medicated!!!

Ahh Shantell

I was getting up on the bar stool to sit at the breakfast counter, which is really an extension of the sewing room and I was planing on painting doll faces.

Kind of spoiled my painting plans....but tomarrow is another day...

I don't think any respectable bar would have me....ice tea with peach schnapps....I should make up a name for this drink..

The Gollywolly- that is my favorite drink!  Sugar free ice tea.....preferably CrytalLite peach tea....with a healthy but not overdone dose of peach schnaps!

woohoo.....I'll bet there aren't any drinks called the gollywolly.

On fact, i think i'll go have one.....

hic

bear_tongue

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Oh Dilu.  Take it easy on yourself hon! :hug:   Thank you for the pattern. Luv ya

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Dilly Girl...You better take care of yourself.  You are a trooper indeed.  DO you have a lap top you can take to the hospital?  If not..well maybe it is good to take break..but ONLY A SHORT ONE.... we will miss you. :hug:  bear_wub  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Ha...how very painful however.  I fell down an entire flight of stairs and landed on bricks and severely bruised my tailbone while living in Connecticut 5 years ago.  I was literally blackk & blue from my waist to my knees.  It was absolutely terrible and very lucky I didn't break anything.  So...can only imagine how painful your hiney must be.  I do believe donuts are calling you...and I don't mean the kind you eat but the kind you sit on.

Take care of yourself Dilu dear.  Those Gollies are gonna be in big trouble if they don't watch you better....or perhaps they've been slippin you a bit of peach schnapps when you ain't lookin'.  I bet that's it. 

bear_wub   bear_wub

OUCH OUCH OUCH.

:hug: Shantell, how's the head today?  Did your medication knock that migraine on its Isheal Tuberosity?  bear_grin

I wish I could hug you, or better yet give you a neck and shoulder massage.....I hate the migrains and the migrain medications too!

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh dear, Dilu . . . sorry the xray found a broken tail bone, but really glad that the surgery won't be postponed.  Woohoo . . . the 19th is one day before MY birthday - so guess I'll be celebrating while you're hung up (literally) in the hospital.  I will think of you and spend a moment in silence on your behalf.  :twisted:  Take care, dear girl!  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_sad  Ow Ow Ow, Dilu!!!  :hug:

Pleeeeze, no more acrobatics before surgery, girl!

Eileen

The hubs came home from town this morning with 2 way radios from Radio Shak.....

So I can call him out in the garage and say:

HELP I'VE FALLEN AND I CAN'T GET UP!

He expects me to carry it with me everywhere.

well, now if that isn't annoying.

He will probably be able to hear me getting into the chocolate

Every relationship needs a little privacy!

but yes it is sweet  too.....I just want to get this whole thing over with.....

Course I also want spring....

SIGH

And the tushy only hurts when I try to walk without the walker.....it really is better......thanks you guys

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Oh Dilu, sorry to hear you had a fall, hope everything will go well for you.  :hug:

beary_clairey Luton

Hi Dilu,

I'm glad that you got the result that you wanted from you Doctor and that you surgery is going ahead !!!

You husband sounds very thoughtful, just stick the radio under a pillow while you munch on your chocolate so he can't hear !!!

Best wishes and I hope your recovery is very speedy !!

Hugs

Claire

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Oh Dilu! that is too bad, if it's not one thing....it's two! Well that is good that they will still go ahead with your surgery, and that is coming up quickly.  That really is sweet that your hubby got you a radio so that he can come running at your beck and call bear_grin  bear_grin
Take care of yourself! and try not to overdose on chocolate while you are sitting around looking for something to do. bear_grin

Oh yes!  There is a problem with chocolate and no exercise

[size=20] FAT[/size]                 

So I am trying to be careful.  Doing rehab in an extra 20 lbs would not be comfortable!HA!

Thank you everyone....I am seeing this whole thing as a new adventure

but mostly I am excited that by the end of summer my honey and I can go hiking together again---

hugs

dilu

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Sending major "healing thoughts" your way Dilu :hug:

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Hi Dilu, My friend you have to be the bravest person I know right now. I think you must be in a lot more pain than we know about .  Anyway, I hope all goes well with your surgery and we will say prayers for you every day.   You were such a support to me before and after my surgery that I feel quite helpless now its your turn.   My very best wishes go with you and I,ll speak to you soon.  Hugs Rita xxxx

Board footer