Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Jacqui MoonBeam Bears
South Australia

Hi Everyone,

A quick story.

When I named my business MoonBeam Bears, I didn't even know there was a real bear called MoonBeam,  so to me it was a omen to help in some way,  since I have found out about the mistreatment of these bears, I am trying to help when I  can.

So at bearycheap.com in Aussie, they are trying to raise money to save a moonbeam bear, there goal is $12,800.00 and so far they have raised $7,760.00 so they haven't got far to go. So if any body is interested in helping just go to there site and read about the bears etc.

I will be sending them a bear soon to they can auction off on there site to raise some extra money

I always felt guilty giving to one charity and not being able to help the thousands of others, but now i think if everybody just picks one charity that they feel passionate about. Its better than doing nothing at all.

:dance:  :dance:

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

One charity at a time dear lady! :hug:   It reeminds me of a story..  A little girl was on a beach when she saw thounds of oysters washed asore.  She began throwing them into the water when a man asked her what she was doing.  " saving the oysters" she answered.  "you can't save them all. "  he said to her as if he thought she was waisting her time.  "Saved that one" she said as she hirled another out to sea.  He thought for a moment and than picked one up himself.

Stellajella Wien

Jacqui, I know your feeling of guiltyness, but we have to accept, that we cannot change the world bear_sad  so your decission to support one charity is logically right.
If I remember correctly, beary cheap has a link to the sad animalasia site; I donated to them directly throught that before I found out that beary cheap collects money as well.

One more thing: Moon Beam Bears are not only cute, even the name sounds so cute!
Best regards
Gaby bear_flower

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Absolutely a wonderful charity!  I've donated through Beary Cheap's site and will probably do so again.  Thanks, Jacqui, for starting this thread.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Good for you, Jaqui! Donating a bear is a major contribution. They'll be thrilled!

Like Sue Ann, I've donated once, and will probably give more. The Asian Animal Rescue team is doing wonderful work with these beautiful abused creatures.

Eileen

Jacqui MoonBeam Bears
South Australia

Hi,

Thank-You Jenn, Gaby, Sue Ann, Eileen, for your kind words.
Happy Easter!!! :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Board footer