Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Pages:
Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Hi everyone.

I was not going to post this but things have turned out so strange that I wanted to share this with you.

Today my Mom and I went to take my sister's , newphew's, and brother-in-laws ashes to thier final resting place.  This has been looming over us for months.

Most of you know the aweful story so  I won't explain that again (it's on this board under special bear stories).

BUT..I have to tell you that my sister ,who was 18 months my senior, name was Lorna.  She used to call herself "Luna", so when I saw Penny's Moonling named Luna I just had to have her.

My sister and I were both born in England
    Penny's Luna is from England
M sister went by the nick name Luna
   Penny's Moonling is also named Luna
Today is the day we buried my sister...and just before I left the house.....LUNA was on my door step......like a fairy godmother bear.......just waitng there to tell me everything is going to be okay bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry

I am too choked up right now to even go on as to how totally awesome this bear is and how it has touched me in a way that gives me goosebumps. I LOVE this bear .

Ever have one of those feelings that something was just meant to be?

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Serendipity, Judi . . . and whatever else is conspiring to help you get through this day.  My thoughts are with you and hope that Luna's spirit will be with you always.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Thank you Sue Ann bear_cry  :hug:

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Wow, that's an awsome story of how bears can be there for us when we need it.

I'm touched.

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

bear_shocked   bear_cry   bear_cry   bear_cry   bear_cry  :hug:   :hug:   :hug:  bear_smile

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

As I got towards the end of your post I found it harder and harder to read, it got all blurry.  That is really nice that you have the bear Judi - just one of those meant to be things.
Now I have to go and wipe up all the splotches on my keyboard.
All the best,
Jane P.

PS. Where abouts in England were you born - I was born in Stockport, near Manchester, and came out here when I was about 9 years old.  A long time ago.

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

I am crying right now be brave for your love ones Judi .

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Oh I am sorry, Judi bear_sad  I think the bear was meant to be yours.....  :hug:  :hug:

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Judi that is so special and amazing-  bear_cry  bear_cry  .  Thanks for sharing.  It is so wonderufl  how a much love a bear can bring.  I'm sure it was fate that he arrived on this difficult day.  Sending you lots of hugs.   :hug:

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

I can say nothing  bear_cry  :hug:

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

What a beautiful story Judi. I know that everytime you see and hold Luna, you will have comforting thoughts of your sister.
Sonya

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

What a beautiful story Judi! Thank you so much for sharing it with us. I hope LUNA brings much joy to your heart!

Many Hugs Louise

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Judi, that is fate. I am sure this Luna bear is  the special one.  :pray:
he won't replace your sister but I hope Luna will unease pain and will be a reminder of Miracle that is exists Somewhere..  :pray:

Julia :hug:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Thank you so much for all your kind words. Youall give me goose bumps.  The feeing I have right now is indescribable...

all I can say right now is.....I believe... bear_wub

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Judi... how wonderfully touching and comforting.... I so agree with Sue Ann.... serendipity & angels smiling down from heaven to help you get through. :hug:  :hug:  bear_wub

Pen... I can see why you are speechless. 

Kim Basta
Wild THyme Originals

Densteds Densteds
Website

Judi, I was so saddened hearing that you had lost these loved members of your family....I am so very sorry it's just devasting but I pray that this little bear will give you hope & strength to get through this day...my sincerest thoughts are with you & yours..
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Judi what does one say at a time like this ... be brave and know that you are being looked after and take comfort in Luna as I am sure this was meant to be .... :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Judi,  thanks for sharing such a touching story.  There is really nothing to say but that I an a firm believer in fate, and Luna was definitely meant to be yours and it's lovely that she has brought you such comfort when you needed it most.

Biggest hugs :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Brenda

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Judi, my heart goes out to you. It is hard to understand why things like this happen and the story of the little bear "Luna" is very comforting - kind of a symbol from beyond just when you needed it.
Big hugs and heartfelt sympathy, Edie

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original  bear_cry Judi, what a wonderful, amazing little miracle!

I keep seeing angels watching over Penny's Luna, keeping her safe from the tender mercies  bear_sad  of the Royal Mail and the USPS,

lifting her to the top of the pile when she was covered up by packages of less importance,  bear_shocked

prodding the sorters and carriers  bear_angry to hurry up and finish their lunches/coffeebreaks/letter-mutilating and get on with delivering her,

turning red lights green for the delivery van  bear_whistle

and then hovering around your door, with lots of giggles and shushes and peering down the road, waiting for you to come home and find her!  bear_wub

Eileen

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

bear_cry
Oh dear, judi, I did not know you lost so many beloved members of your family at the same time....  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry I may have missed the post about it...  :redface:

I am happy to learn your sweet Luna bear arrived just in time to give you some comfort. For sure she won't replace your beloved family but I am sure she will always be happy to hug you as often as needed, and even more.

i am sure that your sister is watching you from where she is now and had a wide smile when you openned the parcel containing Luna bear. she must feel very proud to know her young sister bought that so special bear in her memory.

Take care, honey!

we love you.

:hug:  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Pure bear magic.  That's what it is.  So happy Mrs Special Penny Witch was able to cast such wonderful magic for you at such a deeply personal time Judi.  :hug:

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Judi, thank you for sharing your story.
I do believe magic and  miracles.  bear_flower 
I'm just happy learn that you were able to find this
magic or Luna may gave you a hint.

My heart goes out to you and
I'm sending you alot of hugs and xxxx now.  :hug: 

Marie

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Dear Judi, I missed that story, but I feel for you. How wonderful that sweet Luna gives you comfort at such a terrible time. Take care of yourself and your family  bear_wub  bear_wub  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Judi, I believe in these events too, they happen to me often, I call them extra special events, or preminitions,  normally when I think of something or someone normally  occassionally something will happen in a number of days surrounding that thought, and it can be quiet amazing at times.
Some call them time warps, moments that are captured between current or/past and the future.  Yeah I know I haven't gone mad yet.  bear_rolleyes   

Sorry to hear about your family, I think Luna the bear is sent to heal and comfort you. That is extra special.  :hug:  :hug:

Pages:

Board footer