Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

The ladies behind the magic: Connie and Amber of ABC.
abc.jpg

The Saturday breakfast had White Sox centerpieces, in celebration of Chicago's recent World Series win. The bears were generously donated by Cooperstown Bears.
table.jpg

Dale Junker of Intercal has been to, or had a representative at, every ABC show for 20 years! (Dale's on the right in the ponytail.)
junker.jpg

Sandra Null
null.jpg

Peng Peng Klayman, current queen of sock monkeys. Peng Peng says, "There are things in the works that I can't confirm or deny." Isn't that enticing?
klayman.jpg
klayman2.jpg

Monty and Joe Sours are celebrating their 25th anniversary in bearmaking this year with "Kelly," an edition of 25, which resembles their logo bear and wears a silver logo pendant.
sours.jpg

Dian Pete
pete.jpg

Marie Michaels
michaels.jpg

Kathy Glenn and Elizabeth Carollo of Imagination Institute
imaginationinst.jpg

Lin Chamberlain with her needlefelted wallhanging, which took 79 hours to complete! Lin does art shows and paints, which evolved into wallhangings. "They're a lot of fun," she said. "Plus, for collectors who are out of space, these take don't take up any room."
chamberlain.jpg

Lin's needlefelted bird, "I have issues. What's it to ya?"
chamberlain2.jpg

Speaking of wallhangings, Pam Overmeier did one, too. Hers is altered art and made to hold a bear.
overmeier3.jpg

Pam wearing a bear carrier she designed for her daughter. She's holding "Abercrombie" who comes with an altered art display box.
overmeier1.jpg

Pam's bunny wearing altered art ears.
overmeier2.jpg

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Mindy, just great reporting!  I love all the photos of the artists beside their work; thanks for snapping so many.  The idea to have our local libraries subscribe to teddy bear magazines is a great one we can ALL take to the front desk!  And it's so interesting to see the ways in which other artforms, like altered books, are creeping into bearmaking.  Just a great bunch of photos that was super-fun to check out closely.  Wish I had been there!!!

Thank you!  :hug:

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

Mindy, THANK YOU so much for sharing all these photos with us, I have loved seeing them and putting faces to many of the bear artists that  I admire.  Have a great vacation with your family,

Catherine
x

Dilu Posts: 8,574

There really aren't words to describe how grateful i am for your efforts on our behalf.  Thank you Mindy

[size=8]and don't forget the.....[/size]

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Beautiful bears/art with their lovely makers!!  Thanks again, Mindy!

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Great pictures again Mindy. I just love the picture of Lin Chamberlain with her needlefelted wallhanging. What a great creation she has made...79 hour to complete, WOW!

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

Pam asked me to pop on and say hi for her.
I am behind like normal.
She had some really cool stuff on her table.

Board footer