Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

Did I spell 'anime' right?  bear_tongue

I have never made a bear in this style, and have been thinking about trying one.  This would be totally different from anything I've designed in the past, and would be a nice challenge.  Anyone else up to the task? bear_grin  bear_grin   The challenge would be for any and all......those who, like me, have never done this as well as those artists already skilled with the anime designs.

:hug:
Tracy

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

teddyatc.JPGI'm up for it!!! I have my idea worked out in my head! (he is from one of my ATC cards)

Iowa
Website

Oh Yeah!!!  I forgot about your cutie pie ATC!! bear_wub  :doh:   Maybe that's what brought the anime style back to my thoughts again?  Cool!  That's two of us so far!! bear_grin  bear_grin

Hugs,
Tracy

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Well, Tracy, I have my design done and am cutting out now... I had a bit of  a dilemma with how to do the arms and legs but I think they will be ok... I had about 6 arms and legs drawn and didn't know which looked "anime-ish" LOL.... Anywho, I'll letcha know how it goes!

Iowa
Website

EEEK!!  I haven't even gotten past the thought process part of it yet!!  bear_grin  bear_grin You're way ahead of me Kim!  I have to start something soon though, cuz I'm seeing anime style in just about everything lately. bear_tongue

Tracy

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I am just in a bear-creating mood today! I made two (actually finished two) and started two! ..... Some days I dont want to make bears at all and some days I just go bananas!

Iowa
Website

I keep trying to get myself in a good production mode, but it's only half working so far. bear_wacko   Since the kids are still gone, I feel like I need to get all this extra work done......like spring cleaning the barn, chicken house, etc, etc.  I'm too worn out when I get done with that to get much bear work done!  It's  bear_grin  bear_tongue totally time for the kids to get home and get Mom back in normal routine.........plus I'll have help with chores again!! bear_grin

You keep on 'going bananas' with the creating Kim.........and pass some of that on to me please!! bear_grin

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

I'm up for it too Tracy. Wild and wacky! I find cute birthday cards are good inspiration. Perhaps post this on general as well, TT has got so big people might miss it here. Great idea! bear_thumb

Chowlea Bears Chowlea Bears

Excuse my ignorance - whats Anime?

Sandra  :redface:

Stellajella Wien

I had a good laugh this morning reading these posts!
I could bearly see the screen and Tracey had come upt with this idea, obviousely pondering, 2 seconds later KimBee has already finishe 2 of them *giggle*  :clap:

Sandra, animes are japanese cartoons, and I think Tracey is talking about these cute little fellows with their real big heads where I always wonder, how these little buggers don´t fall over all the time. bear_grin

I might try creating one after coming home from hospital, even though I´m not sure yet about what it should look like...

Gaby bear_flower

Iowa
Website

Gaby--That is what I'm talking about, and I'm glad we provided some entertainment for you this morning!! bear_grin  bear_laugh  That was funny!!  Do try to make one when you get back, and I hope things go well for you in the hospital.  Are you okay? bear_cry

Sandra--I will find a good description of this style bear and post it here for you........later today as I have to take off here shortly.  Also, I can't remember which magazine it was in, but a short while back either Teddy Bear and Friends or Teddy Bear REview had a great article on the anime bears.............

Amanda--Good idea!!  I will post another thread in the general forum too!  TT is getting huge, isn't it?  I sure can't keep up anymore!! bear_tongue

Tracy

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

I had just finished two for a customer of mine - so here is my response to the challenge.  My customer saw the two that were in last years April issue of TB&F and wanted a couple the same.

RAZZA MATAZ & SUNNY JIM

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

Razza-Mataz--Sunny-Jim-a.JPGOK, let's try that again.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Jane, they are wonderful! I love their huge smiles!

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

I am in too!

I have one I began some time ago but had to stop because I cannot finish to needle felt eyelids becase of a broken needle and none to replace it!!!  bear_cry  So as soon as i get a new one I can finish it.

I have designed my own anime style. I show you again my first one (this is the second one which is not finished):

chococerise30mo.jpg

chococerise48uu.jpg

Her name is ChocoCerise. she is now living in Newcastle upon Tyne in UK with her loving dad.

My secong anime bear is from the same pattern (i only changed the arms and legs placement, which was not very good for ChocoCerise, and used glass eyes instead of safety eyes). I already like him a lot, even if the head, arms and legs are still waiting to be attached to the body!!! i look forward to be able to finish him and show him to you.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Count me in! I love making anime bears! The ones posted here are great. Do we post the photos here or in the Challenge Gallery? Is there a deadline to have them done by?
I'm still trying to find my way around this site - there is so much I'd have to be on here for a month of Sundays and probably still wouldn't see it all!
Bear hugs, Edie

Iowa
Website

Jane and Sophie, those bears are great!! bear_wub  bear_wub  I am getting even more inspired to get busy and design my first anime!! bear_grin

I was thinking maybe a Mother's Day (May 14th) deadline?  That should give everyone who wants to participate enough time without a lot of pressure I hope.  Anyone else have an idea here? 

How do we get a Challenge Gallery started for this?  Is that something Quy does for us?

Tracy

Iowa
Website

A bear friend would be fine too, Renae!  Just has to be anime.   bear_smile  bear_smile

Tracy

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Tracy wrote:

How do we get a Challenge Gallery started for this?  Is that something Quy does for us?

Tracy

We already have one!!  Quy set it up recently and you can click on it at the top of the page.  Isn't he just the best??!!

Iowa
Website

Oh, SueAnn, I meant how do we get a thread started in the Challenge Gallery for posting anime photos? :redface:   I didn't see a place to post a new one on there.  Or am I blind........that may definitely be the case! bear_tongue  bear_grin

And YES, Quy is the very best!!  What would we do without him?!
Tracy

Never mind.......I see it's been added for us now.  Cool!!!!

bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

MY FAV!!!

Tracy! What a great challenge! I just finished another anime.  bear_wub
Post picture later. have to finish details..  bear_laugh  :hug:

Julia :hug:

Stephanie Sassy Bears & Fabrics
Aurora, Colorado

I'd love to jump in on this one! I just drew up a new pattern, but don't know if I can get it done really soon. I'll post it when I do!!
bear_grin

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Is there any rules to make anime ?do thet have to be a special size ?i think they are very funny and i like funny .

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I was only thinking today that an anime travelling companion for my wee critters would be a nice idea.
An here a challenge has been started. I'll post my wee companion animes when finished.

Jane!!! Razamataz and Sunny Jim are just beautiful!!!. Absolutely adorable.
Sophie! I love the waist and ankle detailing on ChocoCerise. She's so sweet.

Matilda bear_thumb

sheilaleigh Sheila Leigh
Lincoln, Nebraska

Jane,

I love your Anime bears!  They are fantastic! 

I have never used mohair before and would love to try it.  What type of mohair did you use for them?? 

bear hugs,
Sheila

Board footer