Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

BrozZ BearZ BrozZ BearZ
Toowoomba

I wish to sell my bears but I don't know where. It seems ebay is the best option but I've only heard bad stuff about it. I don't have much money (none) so I can't travel to many shows. I really want to start selling soon to I can buy more fur. Can anyone help me?

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Hi, if I were you I would take the plunge and try selling on eBay. It's good to be aware of the pitfalls but please don't be put off by them. Many of us here have had good eBay experiences too!

Also, have you thought about setting up a website? Or perhaps you could put your bears on Bearpile (www.bearpile.com) or Bid4Bears (www.bid4bears.com) which are equally good selling venues.

Word of mouth is also a good way to sell - I have sold bears to friends and acquaintances too, although I usually end up giving discounts!  bear_tongue

Good Luck!!!

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

I would go with ebay too. Yes things can go wrong but when you think of all the things sold, its a small percentage. We had the most pleasant and easy experience when we sold our car, the easiest car ever sold, it was our first time using ebay for cars. There is loads of advice on here or just ask, we all had to start somewhere.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I started with word of mouth. It was 2 years after I started making bears before I had my website up.
I printed up brochures with pictures of my bears, a bit about me and the bear making process. Then included my phone number and email. I gave them to friends and family and left them at craft shops, quilt shops, etc. I did color brochures but black and white will work just fine if you have good b/w pictures using photo editing software... just saves money on printing.

Then I started selling on eBay.... but that was back when there may have been 50 artist bears listed on ebay at a time... not thousands... so it was easier to sell. It's definitely worth trying eBay.... read all we've talked about here as there are great tips as well as horror stories so you are prepared for just about anything. You really have nothing to loose.

Perhaps there is a craft or gift shop where you could put some of your bears on consignment? Helps to get your work in the public eye.

There is also the Bears For Sale page here on TT. You can list your bears there... anyone interested can simply email you or send you a PM... they don't have to be on a website or eBay.

Bid4Bears seems to be growing so that might be another good place to try, as mentioned.

Wishing you the best in bear sales!
Daphne

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

I agree with the rest of the posts.  All I can add is get yourself as much exposure as possible.  I have been with ebay since 2000.  Because of ebay I have bears in 13 countries.

Now there is Bid 4 Bears as Helena mentioned.  Since this just started there  aren't  as many bears listed, yet, but Nancy Tillberg, who started the site in in the process of marketing and advetising the site.  She goes 110% on everything she does.

Then there is www.northcountryteddybears.com where you can join for $7.00 a month.  You'll get an artist profile with a showcase of your work and a lot of other great stuff.

Hopefully some of these will get you started.

Best of luck.

BrozZ BearZ BrozZ BearZ
Toowoomba

Thanks Daphne for the idea of brochures! I never thought of that.  :hug:
I will make some up tomorrow!  bear_original

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Hey you guys!!!!

Aren't we forgetting that we can post things for sale here too?

A lot of collectors show up and check out the critters!

Try all the sites and see what happens. 

But Darling $am please

PLEASE

dont get depressed or discouraged.  It really does take time.

In the meantime we are here and we will try to help you through the trying periods.

But whatever you do.....

DO SOMETHING!!!!

because you will never know if you don't try!

and try

and keep trying!

It really will be worth the the wild ride

hugs

dilu

nettie scotland
Website

I agree with everyone and like Judi I have bears in 14 countries now via ebay mostly.Yesterday I became a power seller on purely bears(don't mean to blow my own trumpet just showing what is possible).Give it a go.Start with your minimum price and avoid paying reserve fees,stick to the free pictures and your outlay will be low till you see how it goes.Nothing ventured nothing gained!!!
Good luck
Diane xxxx

Board footer