Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Densteds Densteds
Website

Hi Everyone,
I received an ebay question email this morning, from someone I hadn't sold to...saying
Hello,
I'm still waiting the item for about 5 days. What happened?

Please respond me ASAP.

Thank you,

Kelly.

I stupidly clicked on respond now (thinking someone had just made a mistake)..and an ebay sign in page came up...I signed in, but it came up "your computer browser doesn't accept cookies" so I was suspicious and straight away went and changed my password...
I then did a check on the Ebay user name, this person was supposed to have 248 feedback..but when I did the search the name came up as "no longer a registered user" with 0 feedback.
I presume by the broken English that it is again, the Chinese trying some sort of scam to steal accounts......it makes you sick!!
I've sent it to spoof@ebay.com.au
Just thought I should warn you all...

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Thank D your very kind to let us all know

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Denise,
     Thanks for the warning - just one more thing to worry about LOL!  I've become sooooo suspicious that I will not click on any link unless its a customer I recognize.  You were smart to change your password - better safe than sorry, that's for sure!  Boy, Ebay must have an entire staff to deal with scams, or if they don't, they should have!!

Hugs,

Brenda

Densteds Densteds
Website

Hi Brenda &Fran...

yes I'm getting neurotic over all these ebay scams...from now on I won't be opening anything from ebay unless the email is showing on my ebay summary page....horrible that it's come to this but there's just so many dishonest people out there trying to make a quick $$$

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

I have made it a habit for over a year now to send everything I get saying it is from ebay to the spoof@ebay.com address. If it IS legit, they will respond and let you know.
Sonya

Stephanie Sassy Bears & Fabrics
Aurora, Colorado

Never, NEVER respond to any ebay email. Go to My Ebay and click your messages and respond there.
I did the same thing a while back. I figured it was just some mix-up.
Well. . . . turns out someone hacked my ebay password and was bidding on stuff. I don't know how they did it without stuff showing up on My Ebay, but I had to go through a bunch of red-tape with ebay to clear it all up.

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

I agree with Stephanie's comments above.

I have had the same thing happen too

Take care with ebay everyone

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh Dear, thank you Denise for the warning.

I love that we have a safe place to share these warnings....and that so many of us are watching out for the rest of us....like when auctions get stolen etc.....

Good going

Talkers

I leave comments all the time on the sites that I go to, and unless they know me, like its one of you, all the sellers respond on e-bay.  and since

I sign everything dilu now

, (wrote a check at the pharmacy last week, and the hubs took the check book away and re-did it! lol!)  you guys know who is writing to you.....

hugs

what'shername?

Board footer