Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

bigbunny.jpgHe weighs in at 22 pounds and measures a little over 3 feet. he is a breed of rabbit called german giant (how appropriate!). this is his owner, Hans Wagner, struggling to hold him up. from the NY Post article:

We don't feed him an unusual diet said Wagner. He goes through more than his brothers and sisters, but he eats the same food mix. His favorite food is actually lettuce. He can never get enough of it.

LOOK AT THOSE FEET!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Holy Hopper! He's HUGE!!!!
Those feet are so cool... powerful too, I'm sure!
Thanks for sharing the picture, Tami!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

He's beautiful

Tami

really beautiful.....love those feet. Thank you.

When we lived in Waldorf  bunnies like this would compete with the farmer in the fields across the street....great fun to watch.  Because I was in an upstairs window I couldn't get a really good idea about size, except that if I could see them and they seemed about 2/3rds of the farmers wife height, they must have been big.

What was the farmers wife doing?  She walked along behind the tractor and when he got to the end of the row she would pick up the farm implement that he was pulling behind the tractor and walk it around while he came into the street and turned to go down the next set of rows.....

Judi

help me out here, it had about 8-10 spikes in it in a long row and it seemed to furrow rows, 8 - 10 of them at a time....what would you call this?

I doubt I could have hefted just one of the tines.  She was short but she was a powerful gal.

hugs

dilu

Densteds Densteds
Website

wow!! does my bun look big in this  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

I've seen this mighty chappie before ~ what a wonder bunny!!!  bear_wub

Dilu, I'm not sure but it sounds like they could have been harrowing, or perhaps straightforward ploughing?

lemmonbears Lemmon Bears
Oregon Coast

Very Cute!!  Just see how big you can get when you eat lettuce.  I am going back to french fries.
bear_grin
Joan

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

I love those furry feet!!!!!

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Boy oh boy, what a bunny. Isn't he fantastic! I have never seen such a big bunny before, I must show the kids this one. Fantastic...what's the bet David wants one!

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

What a beautiful bunny.  I had just heard a few days ago about this big breed.  I want one.  I have 7 rabbits now which are rescues.  After Easter when all the novelty of the bunny wears off, I usually get calls of bunnies needing homes.

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I want one !!!!

I've always wanted a netherlands giant for a bunny. Soo cool!

I hope this picture will get the idea in people heads that bunnies are real animals, not hamsters that can live in a cage.

Wow, I really want one. Soo cute!

Thanks for sharing the picture!

Board footer