Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Esmerldas Esmerldas
Colorado Springs, CO

Bear Log, Travel Date – Thursday, April 6, 2006, evening

On the road again today, headed to our destination in Nevada City, CA.  When we left our motel, it was lightly snowing.  Along the way we saw places where there had been a lot of snow.  When we turned off the main highway, we went down a windy road where there had been lots of snow.  I got out of the car and sit on a big pile of snow….BRRRRRR!  It took me quite a while to warm up again.

snow.jpg

On the sides of the roadway into Nevada City, once you get below the snow level, there are daffodils planted.  Some years the daffodils have already bloomed and died by the time of the convention, but this year they are in their full glorious array of color.

daffodills.jpg

We’re finally out of the car and in our motel for the next few days.  I found lots of neat places to sit for pictures.  The motel we stay in is called Coach ‘n Four Motel in Grass Valley, CA.  In front of the motel they have an antique pick up truck.  I got to sit on it to have my picture taken.  I can’t imagine making the trip we’ve made the last two days in that truck, but it’s pretty neat.   

coachn4.jpg

Tomorrow is the beginning of the convention……I can’t wait!!

Board footer