Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

chelseabunnyscopy.jpgHere's another bunny for the fair...This time made in some fabulous faux-fur I got here in the UK...I can't believe how much like real fur it looks and feels...

She has a different face shape...I gave her more of a 'nose'

Anyway...Here's Chelsea

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Beautiful, precious, irresistable . . . wow, what a bunbun, Jenny!  bear_wub

That fur looks light as air, just like the real stuff--do you have any information about the manufacturer?

Eileen

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Oh she is just darling, Jenny! What a sweet and loveable face!
bear hugs, Edie

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh so cute, Jenny . . . all of your little creations are just about irresistible!  They have the SWEETEST faces!

Chowlea Bears Chowlea Bears

Unless its a trade secret - where did you find the fur in the UK?

Are the ears wired?

Sandra  :redface:

Jennie Teddybears Sweden
Gavle, Sweden

Wow, just wow  bear_wub  How do you do your bears? They are amaaaaaaaazing!!

Glacierbaybears Glacier Bay Bears
Japan

Jenny, fantastic job! the fur looks real, and her face is just darling! :clap:  :clap:

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Absolute beautiful Jenny!

Many Hugs Louise

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Jenny,

Your little ones just beg to be picked up and cuddled...actually they almost demand it.  I love them all.

Stunning as always!!

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Jenny - this has to be your cutest bunny yet - I love her perky little face and from the shape of her tummy, it looks like she might have eaten all the easter eggs.

well, it must be early hours of Sunday morning for you - I hope that you have a fabulous show!

warwickshire uk
Website

While drawing a blank on nice faux fur...anywhere...even Edinburgh has very little really nice fur I contacted all the wholesale people here in the UK and in France and Belgium where the 2 main manufacturers are based ie Tissavel and Tyber. Their order requirements are prohibitive to anyone but the largest manufacturer...

The wovens are like hens teeth in their scarcity to buy in small pieces of under 2 metres ..there is a company called Prefurs in the States but the shipping was nigh on extortion and I ended up getting duties slapped on by customs.

So I decided to look at the high end knitteds..which ,by lining with muslin....  I use quilters spray adhesive... .(note I deftly did not use the 'G' word to all those who remember the heated glue debate!!!!!!) to hold it in place before sewing,  proves every bit as usable as the wovens.

I tried a few suppliers in the USA ...'I'm stuffed fur' lady was nice but not helpful. Then I tried the fur throw makers here to see if there were any who supply diy luxury throw fabric and I contacted a lady called Pat Ogilvie at the Throw Company  www.throwco.com
She has been so helpful and let me buy a small amount to test it out. THis is my first piece and I shall definitely use more...it is a dream to cut out and sew..and even better to scissor sculpt. I highly recommend this company...there are no minimum orders and she is a sweetheart....and a teddy bear fan too!!!!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Thanks for the faux fur information, Jenny!

I contacted Tissavel's Canadian agent, who referred me to Prefur in New York State. Thanks for the warning.

I've just finished a prototype bunny in Tissavel. The fabric had a knit back, which caused problems only when the sizing wore off the body pieces after washing and then too much handling. On the pieces that required less wrangling, the backing stayed quite firm.

It's absolutely beautiful fur variegated from beige to dark taupe, with a short undercoat and silvery-tipped guardhairs. Highly recommended. I'll post the bunny on Showcase asap.

This fur was originally a coat I won on eBay for a very reasonable price--shipping was something else, but well worth it!

I suspect that eBay coats, gently pre-owned, are probably the most cost-efficient source for Tissavel faux fur.

Eileen

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Absolutely gorgeous fur and great bunny Jenny! Dear Bears in Canada has some nice looking faux fur called French velour, but I haven't bought anything there yet. http://www.dear-bears.com

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

That bunny is heart-achingly, teeth-hurtingly cute, Jenny.  Just fabulous!

Thank you for so openly sharing your faux fur resource with your fellow TTer's.   That's so in the spirit of support and camaraderie that we strive for here!  You're appreciated.

bear_flower

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Jenny I love this cute Bunny, you must so pleased with it ... It has the most appealing face ...

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

Jenny, Chelsea is just beautiful  bear_wub

Hugs
Vicki

Pipa UK

Oh jenny she is just so precious!! your bears have so much soul and are just bursting with love....

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Hi All,

I really hate to plug in here, especially since this is jenny's bunny's thread (I hope you don't mind, Jenny!)  :hug:

But I sell about 7 or 8 different styles of faux furs in my eBay store

http://stores.ebay.com/Bear-Bottoms-Ori … 3aSTQQtZkm

They are the high end, super dense furs and are all lined on the back with ultrasuede or faux leather. 

i just noticed that a lot of people were at a loss as to where to find it... it's here!  I hope you don't mind me plugging!

And Jenny, BEAUTIFUL bunny... but I think all of your bunnies are to die for!  (think I said that before! lol)

Kimberly W.

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Oh Jenny, how do you create such breathtaking creatures.  Oh, one of these days, I hope to own one !!!

warwickshire uk
Website

OOOOooooH Kimberley!!!! I have come over all unnecessary bear_wacko !!! I HAVE to get some that fur you sell!!!

I'll send you a PM ..................................................................

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

I missed this one ! Absolutely gorgeous bunny ! bear_wub Her face is so sweet !  bear_wub

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Jenny what a beautiful bunny  bear_wub  you do such amazing work!
xox Sarah

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh Jenny,
I adore your bunny~  bear_wub
Chelsea  is so precious and beautiful !!!!

Hugs/Marie

Board footer