Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Pen5.jpgMeet my prototype bunny. I'd love to hear some feedback. It took forever to get his pattern right, and I have a few more improvements in mind! The pictures are terrible.  I had to shoot outside on a windy day with less-than-ideal light, and everything that could go wrong did go wrong!

Pendleton is  a 19" Lop made of a beautiful variegated Tissavel faux fur with dense undercoat and shiny silvery-tipped guard hairs. His whiskers are white horsehair, and his eyes are taxidermy glass with dark brown ultrasuede lids. His ears are wired and swivel-mounted, and lined with ultrasuede. His forelegs and hindlegs are wired also. He can stand on tip-toes, sit, and crouch rabbit-wise. He has embroidered toes and his face has been needle/scissor sculpted, then shaded in very dark taupe and a touch of chestnut. Pendleton's overalls are gently used cotton knit baby-wear, with a hemmed slit in the back for his tail! On the pocket of his overalls you can just see two embroidered Teddy Bears.

Pen4.jpg

Pen2.jpg

Eileen

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

I love your bunny, so very sweet!!!! I love him just the way he is. Are you selling him?  I love the tail peeking out of his overalls!!  bear_wub   bear_wub   :hug:   :hug:

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

I love him too Eileen. Very cute and gorgeous faux fur. :clap:  :clap:

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Eileen he is wonderful!!!!  bear_wub

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Eileen...he is fabulous.  I love him too!!!

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Eileen! You have gotten so very right! What a gorgeous wee bunny! I absolutely love him and may just have to have one in the near future!

Awesome! Many Hugs Louise

Glacierbaybears Glacier Bay Bears
Japan

Eileen, I love your bunny, he is just a little cutie! and his overalls look great on him! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Fantastic bunny ! He looks so alive !

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Eileen, he's absolutely wonderful, and it looks like you've done some scissor sculpting to his muzzle as well to accenture that bunny look.

Really superb!

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Oh what  sweetie....he's very bunny like...!!!

sandi Snowy Day Bears
St. Albans, VT

Eileen - your bunny is adorable.  The tail sticking out of the overalls is the cutest little touch.

Sandi

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:hug: Thank you everybody! :hug:

You're all so kind, and very generous with your praise--must be careful not to get too puffed up here . . .

Shari, Pendleton will probably go on eBay next weekend. He needs a bit of adjustment.

The second time he toppled off his perch, no thanks to a pussycat who's now deep in the doghouse, he got a scratch on his left eye. I'll have to replace it before putting him up for sale, but fortunately I have another pair. His whiskers went a little wonky, too. Those are easy to replace.

This was to be my 'Easter Challenge' offering, but he turned out to be more 'challenge' than 'Easter'! Then I was going to list him on Nancy's Golden Paws Emporium, but missed that deadline too--exams coming up at U of Toronto, and I'm swamped with students in the last stages of panic.

Shelli, Pendleton's face is definitely needlesculpted, but it's also made up of nine separate fiddly pieces--with multiple darts--not including the ears.

Louise, I am as we speak working on Pendleton's sister. She'll be in mohair, but I want to use the Tissavel for another bunny soon.

Thank you again for your nice comments, lovely people!! :hug:

Eileen

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Eileen I love this bunny ...he is wonderful

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Fantastic bunny, Eileen . . . your work is superb!  He's adorable in that little outfit!

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Well I would say Eileen that you have pretty well cracked it with Pembleton.' A real bunny'.
Well done, well done ,well done!!!!!!!!! and I suppose ya  finkya cleva now?  bear_grin  bear_grin
/Great job!  Wendy bear_flower

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:hug: Thanks, Patsy and Sue Ann and Wendy (sorry I've been calling you Matilda)! :hug:

bear_laugh /Feeling cleva right now. Midway through the next new pattern, definitely not! bear_laugh

Eileen

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Eileen,

Pendleton is adorable.  He is very life like.  He looks very much like my bunny, Edison.  The biggest difference being that Edison is a real bunny and does not wear overalls.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Millie,

Pendleton's extremely flattered! :hug:

When I designed him, I was thinking of my late lamented and still sorely missed lop, Peter. He didn't wear overalls either!

Eileen

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original  Thank you, Lisa! I love animals' tails--they're so expressive.

Our little Bun Lily got a bad fright not long ago, and we were very worried about her when we saw that her tail was actually drooping. I've never ever seen a rabbit tail in that position before. She's ok now, but it was weird.

Eileen

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Eileen,
Congrats on your beautiful bunny! I LOVEEEEE him!  bear_wub You deserve a huge pat on the back for sticking with the design...heck nine pieces in the head??? bear_wacko
At least you finished your Easter Challenge, better late than never....it was my idea and I didn't even get pen to paper 'cos life got in the way. Oh well, maybe next Easter,

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh

Oh well, maybe next Easter,

bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh

Hayley, this has become my Theme Song! Oh, well, maybe next a)Christmas, b)Thanksgiving, c)Halloween, etc.

Eileen

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Wonderful bunny and great expression Eileen- looking forward to his sister!!!
Hugs
Gail

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Thanks, Gail!  :hug:

It's such a treat to come into TT and find yet another lovely comment on Pendleton. I know it will taper off, but . . .  bear_wub

The as yet nameless sister is in the works, almost ready for a face and some assembly. It's turning into a lean, mean bear/bunny making machine, here.

Needless to say, I 've been changing the pattern as I go along. Between my bad memory and my propensity to tinker, I don't think I run much of a risk of duplicating the same pattern! I was so afraid I would.

Eileen

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Oh, I think he's soooo darling!  No kidding, he's one cute bunny.  I haven't tried to make a bunny yet; I'm afraid it'll end up looking like Frankenstein! lol

Kimberly W.

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Eileen you did a terrific job on this bunny.  The tail is soo cute andhe looks so huggable. Well done , you must be so pleased with the result !!  :dance:

Board footer