Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Pages:
gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Hi All, just popping in to tell you that i have bought a Volks SD10 ball joint doll.  :dance:

You know how was hankering after one and i just could'nt resist buying this one, i shall change her quite a bit - new wig etc

IMG_1379Medium.jpg

Another collection could be starting.........oh dear........broke again  bear_rolleyes

Penny  bear_wub

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

You have got to treat yourself now and again! Now stop looking on here and get back to work! :hug:

Pijangibears Pijangibears
Denmark

Hi Penny

Congratulations with your buy.  :clap:

How much did you pay for it?

Didn't you choose the wig yourself. I thought, you put your doll together yourself, before you buy.

Hugs Birgitte  :hug:

Didn't you choose the wig yourself. I thought, you put your doll together yourself, before you buy.

I bought this doll 'as is' Birgitte so she was a bargain!  bear_smile  Can't tell you how much i paid - hubby might read this  :redface:

Penny  :hug:

Pijangibears Pijangibears
Denmark

Hi Penny

Oh boy, that much.  bear_rolleyes

You could tell me in a PM.  bear_grin

Hugs Birgitte

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Can't tell you how much i paid - hubby might read this  icon_redface

bear_laugh bear_laugh
Congrats, Penny !
Your doll has so much potential ! She is the same as this one, isn't she ?
fall5.jpg
cakeskirt03.jpg
1007.jpg
falita05.jpg

Please post more pictures of her when you have new wigs and eyes and all !
bear_wub

Congrats again, and lots of hugs,
Marion

PS : maybe in pm you could tell how much you bought her ? bear_happy

Yes Marion she is the same model as the pics you posted - her name is Megu. She has so much potential for changing her look - i can't wait to play around with her clothes and hair. I may even buy more heads and change them around - freaky! ha ha ha

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

So are they like a barbie then?? I think I am a bit lost LOL   bear_wacko I love her pink hair though... oh, if she isnt too much, maybe I will have to purchase!

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

I think I would like a Kaede but she is small and as expensive as the big ones bear_ermm  :
http://www.volks.co.jp/en/superdollfie/ … kaede.aspx

But this one is muuuch cheaper... But I don't even know if it's a girl... Or if she is 60 cm or 40 cm...
http://www.rinkya.com/twview.pl?URL=htt … /n35398375
Mm... Are you there, Marie darling ? :D

I do not find this cutie either :
junb.jpg
Do you have an idea, Penny, after all your research for your Megu ? :)

Congrats again dear Pen Pen :).

I think this one is a boy Marion and i wuold guess he would be 40cm, but i could be wrong.
38,000 Yen is soooo cheap for this is'nt it? But you have to do the face paint yourself and then assemble it so this is probably why.

What a pity that the seller does not sell internationally - i would flex the credit card a little more for this little doll ha ha ha

PenPen  :hug:

APOLOGIES to all you girls, i know that this is'nt bear related - we will PM each other now as i'm sure you are getting bored with the BJD's now.

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Oh yes, sorry  girls !!! :redface:  :redface:
We will be nice and keep it private by now, I promess ;).
Hugs all ! bear_original  :hug:  :hug:
Marion bear_original

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

Hooray Penny!! :dance:  :dance: THese dolls are so cool!  I'm sure you'll have a blast 'playing with her! bear_grin  bear_grin Don't forget to show us a pic when you're done with her make over!!

:hug:
Tracy

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

She is just beautiful!  I love her pink hair - feminine and off beat all at the same time.  Personally, I wouldn't change it unless you can also change her eye colour.  I think she looks great.
I hope I don't get addicted - I have managed to control myself with bears for a few years now, as I need the income for my dogs and horse, ie. feed and vet.  The last thing I need is to get hooked on dolls.  However I won't be able to resist looking for them!  Oh well.

Jane P.

I will let you all see her after i have dressed her in some new clothes a new wig etc - maybe new head? Poor thing!

They are addictive Jane so beware!

Kim they are'nt really anything like Barbie as they have a horrendous price tag - think in hundreds or thousands of dollars Kimmy. A lot depands on what you want to spend and how you want them to look, but they do hold their price very very well so they could be looked on as an investment - but personally i just want to play dress up with them!
bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh

I know i said i would'nt post on this again as it is doll related but i have just got to tell you that i bought another BJD!!!!

If anyone could please come and lock me in a cupboard for the next 6 months i would appreciate it as by then the credit card will be paid off and i will have lost a tremandous amount of weight by only eating bread and water as penance for my Dollfie sins
:redface:  :doh:  bear_shocked  bear_wacko  bear_whistle

Penny  bear_laugh  bear_tongue  bear_grin  bear_rolleyes  bear_flower  bear_thumb  bear_innocent

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

LOL Penpen - you crack me up so bad!  bear_laugh  bear_laugh

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Penny, she is beautiful...I love her, really just like she is.  I guess I didn't know you re-made dolls too...can we see some? 
Bears and dolls are definite companions!!  I am sure we all have dolls along with our teddies....actually I only have bought teddies but some artist dolls and right now I am into Helen Kish's dolls  (I obviously don't have your wallet)...opps, hope hubby isn't watching.

I had to laugh Pen at not letting hubby know what the doll cost...I have a real passion for Nantucket Baskets...a friend of mine went to Nantucket and picked one up for me (purse).
It has my name on the inside in scrimshaw and a scrimshaw scene on the outside top...a lady asked me how much I paid for it, right in front of my husband...I chocked  and am sure I turned every shade of red in the spectrum.  I have a real problem with telling an untruth but I am telling you   :pray: ....50 bucks just shot out of me as slick as you please!!! hahahaha... YEH,SURE!!!

The nice thing is our hubbies would never believe that we ever paid what we did for dolls and baskets.  They don't see the 'value' there...hahahaha!

Enjoy your doll PenPen, we all deserve a little over indulgence now and then.
nanc.......

Ha Ha Ha Nance - join the Deceitful Wives Club here..............good thing that the old Pinocchio nose growing is'nt for real huh?

This is a pic of my new BJD - she's freaky and full of attitude and a OOAK full body paint from Custom House.............and i got another bargain!
bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_tongue

I am gonna make this dollfie some wicked clothes - lots of vintage silks and gothic structuring - i have'nt made clothing for soooo long she will probably stay naked for ages until i get my skills up to standard again

IMG_1356Medium.jpg

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

tiff.jpgShe looks like the doll from the Chucky movies (the one that Jennifer Tilly "plays")

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

I'm glad you bought her, Pen Pen darling ! bear_original I think my fiancé would have found her so freaky that he would have thrown her away bear_wacko (men... bear_rolleyes bear_happy :p).
I think I finally will buy a classic Megu from the Volks shop some day (mm... hope she will still be in stock when I will be pregnant bear_whistle  bear_whistle bear_laugh bear_laugh) (in fact, I've kinda chosen one in order to stop looking at all models available from all brands all the time bear_laugh bear_laugh).
Ooops... I had promessed...  :redface:  :redface:
Hugs  :P.

Ohhhhhh....I remember that one!!  I looked at her and thought she was so unique!!

Lucky, naughty girl

I know Gina.  I should'nt have done it but Hey! what else is there in life apart from having fun - and i'm gonna be paying for this little bit of fun for a wee while yet
bear_wacko

She looks like the doll from the Chucky movies (the one that Jennifer Tilly "plays")

Yeah she does a bit Kimmy - i hope she don't try to chop my head off when i'm sleeping or anything similar - i may have to lock her up!

I'm glad you bought her, Pen Pen darling !

Yeah i know i said i would'nt buy her Marion but when you said you were not going to buy her i could not let her go and have her face removed like the other bidder said she was going to do could i?
bear_tongue  bear_rolleyes  bear_whistle

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania
gotobedbears wrote:

She looks like the doll from the Chucky movies (the one that Jennifer Tilly "plays")

Yeah she does a bit Kimmy - i hope she don't try to chop my head off when i'm sleeping or anything similar - i may have to lock her up!

oh, I hope I didnt just freak you out! you will be sleeping with one eye open  bear_happy

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles
gotobedbears wrote:

I could not let her go and have her face removed like the other bidder said she was going to do could i?
bear_tongue  bear_rolleyes  :whistle:

Pen Pen, you sweet hero ! You have saved this poor dolly from being killed away and replaced by another one ! bear_wub  bear_laugh
Without joking, for sure it would have been sad that the professional work on her face (and body !) had been removed !

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

These dolls are amazing!!  I understand the magnetism to them.  They're beautifully unique.

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

My Megu arrived today girls, and i can't believe how heavy she is.

I sort of expected bjd's to be just big dolls you know, nice dolls but just dolls all the same - but they are really beautifully finished and smooth and beautifully painted and they pose in every position you could want (and some you would'nt ha ha).
:crackup:
They come in nice boxes with their own pillows and blankets and a little dollfie badge for me to wear - if i ever get to the stage in my life when i start wearing badges that is.

I highly recommend these dollfies girls - they are just so lifelike, they are anatomically correct too so i am gonna HAVE to get some knickers made - pronto!
bear_tongue

She is still in her box for now as i simply have'nt got time to play around with her wig and stuff at the moment but i can't wait to get cracking on some clothes for her.

Pages:

Board footer