Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Ok, there is way too much negativity going on around here.
I used to come to TT to have a break from reality, chat with my pals and get a laugh or two or a bit of moral support. Now when I come here I feel the tension build in my neck and the headache set in.
I've been told it's my nature to want to be a peace maker. Well, that's not my aim here... y'all can duke it out on your own time... just not on the board, dragging innocent and often disinterested parties through it, ok? Please?

What I'd love for each of you to do is share a happy thought with us.. perhaps the joy of finishing a dificult bear, seeing a long lost friend, your dog doing something silly or cute, a beautiful walk on the beach you just had.... get the idea?

I'll go first:

After two days of cold rain I woke up this morning to birds singing their spring mating calls and the sun drying the rain on the grass. My tulips are about to burst open and it's a beautiful day... the kind God makes to remind us of how great He is and how much He loves us if we only open our eyes to see it!! And......... I'm going shopping with an old friend this afternoon......... other than Michael Anthony showing up at my door with a million dollars, how could I ask for more?  bear_laugh

Your turn......

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Bless you, Daphne!    bear_flower 

My happy thought:  I had a truck load of flowers delivered yesterday!  Today I start the task of filling up all my ginormous pots with the glorious color!!

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I spent last week in Yachats on the Central Oregon Coast.   I rented a little beach cottage for four days.   It stormed...I LOVE beach storms...rain, hail (lots of it) thunder, lightening and we suspect a bear.  The first morning we heard a noise that I thought was a sea lion on the rocks but later discovered the garbage had been ransacked and was EVERYWHERE.  Just what I love to do...pick up other peoples trash...YIPEEE!!!

Now, we've had somewhat sunny weather...I've been digging in the dirt, planting flower seeds, and enjoying the coming of Spring.   

Little Skippy (the orange ferral kitty) is about the burst any moment.  I'm sure she's ready to deliver what I know will be adorable kittens and I can hardly wait. 

The cows are having babies right and left....I love the little babies scampering in the pasture and mama coming just close enough with them to see them play.

And...I spoiled myself with "Serenity"...can hardly wait to see her!!!

Spring...love love love it!!!!

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Gee Daphne I was thinking the same that there is some unusal vnegativity here.  I am glad tho that people feel they have a safe place here to express themselves.  I guess we can choose to read it or not. 

On a happy note, this morning when I got out of the shower my 12 yr. old son said, " Mom, I made your bed for you".  "Why", I asked in surprise -as he's never done this before.  He replied, " Because I wanted to do something nice for you.".That's the kind od stuff that makes a mom's heart flutter !!!!!!!!  bear_cry     Now those of you with a sometimes moody pre-teen can understand these moments can be rare.  It's the little moments like these that can mean so much !

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Oh daphne. Good thoughts are always..well......good!

my happy thought for the day, it always helps me when I'm down.

" Right now,
there is someone, somewhere
who wants NOTHING more
than what you already have...."

This means alot to me. I may complain sometimes, but in the end, I am very blessed. I can eat everyday, I have friends and people who love me, I own a house and I have TT!!

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

I love that quote too Heather. Its sunny today, enough said! bear_flower

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original What a wonderful thought Heather! Thanks :hug:

I took my 3 sweet doggies to the park this morning, and found it bursting with little leaves and sprouting plants after several gloomy days of rain. The doggies came home smelling less than sweet, but muddily happy.

Magical!

Eileen

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

My sons both have THE peach-fuzziest little cheeks around.  They're little pillows of soft fuzziness, and they are growing older by the minute, those boys, but bless them!, they still let me kiss those squishy cheeks, BOTH sides!, many times a day.  Now THAT's happiness!

I also have four cats who entirely crack me up.  They're part of the decor, although I didn't adopt them to "match" or anything.  They just, somehow, do.  Blend, I mean.  They all have different personalities.  Just a few minutes ago, Ginger, the weirdest one of all, was eating some paperwork on my desk.  She leaves little pea-fleck sized bits of slobber-coated paper all over the house.  Drives me nuts.  Also, she eats ribbon, especially any kind that's sort of organza-y.  Inevitably she will eat it right off the roll; I try to keep the ends pinned down!  But she gets to them anyway.  And then eats down a good foot and a half or so... and caks the entire thing right back up.  I find it the next morning, misshapen and deformed, covered in slobber which has solidified into an iridescent, crispy coating .. sorta like a snail trail.  Rest assured, I trim those ribbon bits off, and they never see the neck of a bear of mine!

This is Ginger with my sons, in a scrapbook page from a few years ago.

WeirdKittyForWeb.jpg

And here's Ginger, chewing on my ribbon.  My studio is set up differently now, in part to keep her away from my ribbon!

GingerEatingRibbon.jpg

Daphne, your heart is in the right place.  Thanks!  :hug:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Isn't spring just wonderful??? Mud and all!!

And I can just smell that salty fresh air at the ocean!!!

And kittens and truck loads of flowers and sweet hubbies and sons!

Now we're living the happy life!  :dance:   :dance:   :dance:

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Thanks Daphne!   bear_flower  bear_wub

Right now, I'd have to say the Spring bulbs blooming!!!!!  This is the first Spring we've been in this house.... the lady that lived here before us was apparently quite taken by bulbs!  I'm so glad!  I've never been much of a gardener, myself, so it has been just glorious to see these little shoots and leaves break through the ground, and just wonder what the heck they are going to be!  One day you step outside and the sun is shinning and you realize that you now have tulips and snow drops and canterbury bells!   It's been such fun waiting to see what they'd be, and now they are here in all their glory! 

Lovely new colorful life...!   bear_smile  bear_flower  bear_wub

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

ahh a happy though from PenPen........

GEORGE CLOONEY COVERED IN BELGIAN CHOCOLATE - AND NO SPOON  bear_whistle  bear_rolleyes  bear_tongue

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Walking round my favourite lake, listening to birdsong in the pouring rain, holding hands with a special someone ...

Second thoughts, hang on Pen, I'm just reaching for my spoon drawer (to replace the spoon!) ...   bear_tongue

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario
gotobedbears wrote:

ahh a happy though from PenPen........

GEORGE CLOONEY COVERED IN BELGIAN CHOCOLATE - AND NO SPOON  bear_whistle  bear_rolleyes  :P

OMG....I'd completely forget my diet for that.
I'm at work, struggling with a nasty corporate file, but the thought of George Clooney covered in chocolate just brought a big smile to my face.
I do hope he doesn't follow this board - we might get sued for making him into a sex object!!!

Thanks,

Marion

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

"This is the day which the Lord has made.  I will rejoice and be glad in it."  I have nothing to be negative about and everything to be positive.  I have my family (thank God), my friends (human and animal) and I am able to get out and work in the garden now.  What a beautiful time of year.

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

OMG....I'd completely forget my diet for that.
I'm at work, struggling with a nasty corporate file, but the thought of George Clooney covered in chocolate just brought a big smile to my face.
I do hope he doesn't follow this board - we might get sued for making him into a sex object!!!

ha ha ha Marion - we are not making him into a sex object we're making him into a chocolate lollypop!

bear_whistle  bear_smile  bear_innocent

Second thoughts, hang on Pen, I'm just reaching for my spoon drawer (to replace the spoon!) .

I should think so too Paula - why waste good choccy on a spoon (yeah right - like the chocolate is the most important thing here)!

:dance:  bear_laugh  bear_tongue  bear_grin  bear_innocent

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon
Shelli wrote:

My sons both have THE peach-fuzziest little cheeks around.  They're little pillows of soft fuzziness, and they are growing older by the minute, those boys, but bless them!, they still let me kiss those squishy cheeks, BOTH sides!, many times a day.  Now THAT's happiness!

And before you know it, dear Shelli that lovely peach-fuzz turns and you have glorious whisker burns that are more precious than you can imagine.   bear_wub

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

This thread is a pleasure to read . . . thanks much, Daphne, for starting it.  My postive story is about the bluebird family that I have taken MUCH pleasure in observing for the past few weeks.  I put up a bluebird box years ago, right outside my workroom window, in hope of enticing a bb to the yard.  They would show up in early spring to check it out, but by the time the couple came back to nest, some other bird/creature had taken up residence.  We've had chickadees, tufted titmice, sparrows, even a squirrel family nesting in there - but no bluebirds until THIS spring.  I watched them build the nest - no activity for awhile, then recently the male bird started his coming and going with bits of food in his beak for incubating mom.  Then it was both parents going in and out for the nestlings that needed feeding big time.  Yesterday was the same with both mom and dad bringing food, but with a big difference.  Almost every time one parent left the box after feeding the babies, a juvenile would hop up to the opening and peer out to see what was going on outside the box!!!  CUUUUUUUUTE!!  The juvenile bluebird looks nothing like the beautiful parents . . . it is vividly speckled on the chest in brown and white.  Thought one time that a baby was going to take a test flight, but it fell back in the box after flapping its wings a couple of times.  Just LOVE seeing nature at its best . . . lovely creatures assured of a place in this world of insecurities.

K Pawz Guest

My happy thought is that I have met so many wonderful people here on TT...And also, we had a wonderful spring day here in Victoria BC on Sunday, and I got to enjoy it with my pride and joy Leopold. We climbed to the top of the mountain behind our house and took in all the gorgeous serene scenery...Leowalk.jpg

Hugs,
Krista

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

SueAnn, your post has made my day - I love birds and we have tons of them here, my favourites being the cheeky, but noisey, cardinals.  The one bird that I would love to see is a blue bird.  We do have them around, but so far I've never seen one.  Just reading your post and hearing your excitement has made me giggle.  Yes, I'm envious but I'm also enjoying imagining your pleasure at seeing one of these beautiful wee birds.  If you have a digital camera and you ever get a chance, could you take a picture of one of them for me? 

This is a marvelous thread.  I have enjoyed reading every post.  We need more like this - thank you Daphne!!!

Big hugs,

Brenda

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Thanks Daphne....

Despite it being 6am and dark because we are heading into winter, I am happy.  I have just read the funniest and nicest thread here which made me laugh out loud and feel all gooey at the thought of bluebirds - how cute!  the closest I've ever come to seeing a bluebird is on walt disney cartoons!!   bear_grin  bear_grin

and in the world of bearmaking....heading into winter is a positivie!  Living in the windy rain soaked city that I do, I no longer have to feel guilty for not going walkling down the beach when I get home from work...and I have every reason to stay home and sew. 

Plus, in our extra short autumns here, my two very favourite fruits are in season so despite the high expense of buying feijoas and tamarillos compared to boring old apples, I can justify it because it's just for a short time and they are oh so worth it.

and hugs to   Daphne too - who reminds my sorry self that while all mighnt not be perfect in the world, a lot of it is pretty darn good.   :hug:  :hug:

Stellajella Wien

Daphne, this was a truely wonderful idea of you! bear_wub
My happiness is to know, that a few hundred kilometres away there is this special someone, who loves me dearly and who I love to pieces. To know this makes me happy and makes me forget the troubles that I sometimes have :lol:

And to remind me every morning I have my doxie, who sleeps in bed with me.
She is 13 now and playful and agil and happy as a puppy. When we get up she starts jumping around on the bed, off the bed, around it and on it again like a nutter. She makes me laugh. She´s telling me: come on, come on! Hurry! This is my day! Get going!
I just love it  bear_wub

I wish y´all beautiful thoughts ( they keep the wrinkles away  bear_original )

Gaby bear_flower

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Merrythought-duck.JPGWell, I have been thinking of what to post here and have come up with a little story and a photo.
Many, many, years ago (back when I was as young as a lot of the people on here! LOL!) I had someone phoning me and saying nasty things that really upset me and I would phone my husband at work to cry on his shoulder. A few days later he came home from work with this little Merrythought duck that he had bought for me at an antique show in one of the malls on his lunch hour. I was puzzled as to why he had bought a duck (since I collect almost everything else but!). He explained the duck was to sit by my phone (computer monitor now - I told you this was ages ago!), and if any one said anything to upset me, he was to remind me to just "duck"! That really made me laugh but I have found it to be good advice! This little duck still makes me smile and, in the intervening years, life has taught me that there are only a few things worth really getting upset about and my need for the duck has diminished as I have learned to let so many "little things" just be water off a duck's back! Here's to friends who show us what is important in life! Thanks, Daphne!
Bear hugs, Edie

zemeski Posts: 434

bear_grin

Doesn't it just feel good to talk positive!! It feels sooooo good!! Thinking happy thoughts is good for the heart and mind!! Spread it onto someone else!!! What would happen to the world if we were all so happy!! I think it would probably explode!! Ha! Ha!

bear_grin

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

BabyBB.jpgBBmale.jpgBBfemale1.jpgBBphoto.jpgThis is a follow up to my bluebird story.

#1.  This is what I saw through my camera.  The photo is shot through the window with the telephoto lens on my digital.

#2.  Female . . . not as spectacularly colored as the male, but still beautiful.  I edited this and the rest of   the photos shown so to get a little better look at the birds.

#3.  Male . . . a gorgeous, brilliant blue.

#4.  You can barely see the baby at the box door . . . couldn't get a very good shot of it - mostly hidden in shadows.  Enjoy!

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Oh my gosh, Sue Ann, thank you, thank you, thank you for taking the time to snap pictures of your bluebird family and posting them for all of us to share!  They are absolutely beautiful, even the "mommy" who doesn't have the brilliant blue feathers.  I'd be spending all my time watching them, and then how many bears would I get made LOL!  What a gorgeous stone path you have.

My happy thought for today, is how lucky I am to be part of such a great group where all you have to do is ask and like magic, you receive!!! 

Big hugs,

Brenda

Board footer