Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Love Bud Bears Love Bud Bears by Sandy
New Jersey

alex.jpgHi Everyone,
I want to invite all artist & collectors to participate in [color=]The First Annual LEMONADE BEAR BENEFIT.[/color] With the support of Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation, Alex's parents Liz & Jay Scott; and lots of help from Nancy Tillberg of Kran-Bearys, we organized this special event.
It'll be held June 9 thru 11th, during the 2006 Lemonade Days. Lemonade Days is a national event that grew out of Alex's front yard lemonade stand and is held over the same June weekend as Alex's original front yard stand. During that weekend, dedicated volunteers will host thousands of Alex's Lemonade Stands across the country- all to help fight childhood cancer. Instead of hosting a stand I hope you will join me in the benefit. I know this is a very short notice & I realize many artist won't be ready by June. So we decided to have two benefits, the second one will be held some time in September. Of course I'm not asking or expect anyone to do both. Which ever one works best for your schedule would be great. Although I hope you'll take part, I totally understand if you decide to pass.
Here's a little information-
Participating artists create a bear or buddy any way they want, from their own pattern & donate 100% of the proceeds to Alex's foundation. The benefit will be hosted on Bid 4 Bears, all listing will start on June 9th between 1 & 9 PM and end on June 11th. Nancy created a special area on Bid 4 Bears, where the bears will be listed without any fees involved. The donations will go directly to a paypal account that was set up & only used for this charity. After the winner makes payment a conformation email will be sent to the artist. Artist will be reimbursed all shipping expenses & the remainder of the funds will be donated in all artist & buyers names- a conformation email from the foundation will be sent. The benefit will be promoted & linked to the calendar on Alex's Lemonade Stand web site's. Were also promoting as much as possible, to make this a huge success. Nancy designed a special web site (just like the one for teddies 4 charity) where participating artist will be listed & it'll also link back to their web site. It's going to be a couple days before the site is on line but I'll post when it's completed. If you would like to get involved during June's benefit please register at the web site. Please do not register for September's benefit at this time. Also, If you register please link the lemonade bears button on your site to give us more exposure.
Thanks a bunch, Sandy

here's where you'll be able to find the site~
www.lemonadebears.com

You can learn more about Alex & her foundation at the link below.
http://www.alexslemonade.org/

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

I am definitely in for the June one!!!! 

What a heart touching story and what a courageous and thoughtful young girl.   bear_innocent  bear_wub  bear_innocent

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

New Jersey

HI Kim,
Thanks for participating, I'm so happy to have your support. I now have 11 confirmed artist for June including me.  bear_original I better get to work on my bear, it takes me forever to get one completed. I hope I make the deadline  bear_wacko

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

I can't help because I can't make bears, but I hope everything goes well.  I'll try to remember to post an article about this on I Love Teddies closer to the time so hopefully more people can find out about it.

New Jersey

Thanks Chrissy- I'm sure the post will be very helpful. Getting the word is as important as the bears. If I had more time I would have advertised in the magazines. I'll try to get an ad in for the September Benefit.  ~ Sandy

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Count me in for June.

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA
New Jersey

Yaaaaa~ thank you both so so very much !!!!  bear_grin

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Hi Sandy,

I am in for June and Sept. I have some bears here that I would love to donate. They are some of the very first bears I made. I can't think of a better place for them to go. Some are even child safe.
I will look at the website and if you need to ask me any question just email me.

hugs Kassie

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Count me in for September bear_thumb

Eileen

K Pawz Guest

Awesome, I am in as well, is there any size limit on the bear or anything...can it be one we have already made?? I don't have a website just yet to link back to....

Hugs,
Krista

New Jersey

Sounds great!!
Even though I have you all accounted for, you'll still have to officially register once Nancy gets the site is on line.

Kassie, it's awesome that your going to donate for both benefits. You'll only be registered for June at this time. So if something comes up & you have to skip September, it won't be a problem.

Eileen, Thanks for joining us in September.

Krista, No problem that you don't have a web site, I'm still very happy to have you participate.  The only rule is it has to be from your own pattern. The design can be any way you like.  If it's a bear you already have done that's fine too.

Let me know if any other questions.
Thanks again for all your support ~ Sandy

K Pawz Guest

Thanks Sandy, sign me up for June...it will definitley be from my own pattern, ever since I made my own I only want to explore my creative side further...thanks to Nancy of course who's book helped me make the jump from others patterns to creating my own...

Hugs,
Krista

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

Sandy
I got your email, sorry I did not answer sooner - will you count me in for September for a bear - if that is okay with you
:hug:
Anne

New Jersey

Hi Anne,
September would be great! Thanks a bunch for your support!!
~ Sandy

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Count me in for June!!  What's another thing on my plate?  It's for kids!!  Though I've not known a child personally afflicted with childhood cancer, cancer has definitely been a challenge in my own life as well as those near and dear to me.

Warmest hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

P.S.  I don't have a clue as to how to do the link thing.  I'm sorry.  I'm a web dimwit!

New Jersey

Thanks for your support Aleta, I'm so happy you can join us in June.
No problem about the link, it's not required.

I'm so excited about all the exceptional artist participating, in June & September. I can't wait until their names are reveled. Besides the sneak preview of exceptional artist you found out about on Teddy Talk. I don't want to say who they are, just in case they can't make it. But you'll find out when they officially register on the web site. All I know is I want a bear from each artist for my own collection. So I don't know how I'm going to be able to hold back from buying them all. There is one that I can share, since I know for sure. I'm very happy to announce that the Vermont Teddy Bear Company will be donating a bear.

I know it's asking a lot to donate a bear & your time. I realize all the hard work that goes into each one. I want everyone to know that I truly appreciate your kindness. I'm happier then words can say & I cannot thank every one enough. I'm sincerely touched by the overwhelming support & I'm sure Alex's parents will be to.
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You from the bottom of my heart,
Sandy  bear_flower Ps.- Sorry to get so mushy

For those who can't participate in the actual auction, I totally understand.
But if you would still like to support the cause, please help get the word out to the collectors. It would be a major part in making the benefit a huge success! and would also be greatly appreciated.   bear_flower

Glacierbaybears Glacier Bay Bears
Japan

count me in for June too! :hug:

New Jersey

Hi Jamie, Thanks for joining my benefit, I'm very happy to have your support.    bear_original

The web site will be on line Friday, so please officially register whenever you get a chance. 

I now have 20 artist for June & 12 for September.    bear_grin

New Jersey

benefit.jpgHi Everyone,
Just wanted to announce I picked the date for the next benefit.

SEPTEMBER 22 to 24 !!

Please only register for June at this time. ~ Sandy   bear_grin

K Pawz Guest

Hi Sandy, I tried to register and it took me to a broken link, the same as the Edinbourgh link....maybe I tried to soon, I just was wondering if you were able to see if it took my registration though so that I don't register twice....

Hugs,
Krista

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

While signing up I encountered a broken link as well.....at the very end.  Did my registration....register?

Warmest hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

ArtHeart Kran-Beary's
Thunder Bay ON Canada

Hi Ladies,

The announcement to register is a bit premature.  I am working as fast as I can on the web site but it is not done yet.  Please bear with me.
hugs,
nancy tillberg

K Pawz Guest

No problem Nancy, just let us know when you are ready... bear_original

Hugs,
Krista

New Jersey

Sorry for the mix up- I don't know any thing about web designs & didn't realize how much work & time is involved.  :redface:
All I know is the site looks great to me.

Board footer