Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

My topic says it all...Just how do you go about;

Choosing your colors and borders ?

How to write a description for your bear?

What if any, do you say about yourself?

What to avoid that can be negative in presentation and actually un sell your bear ?

Anything else that can help a beginner ............ Winney

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Hi Winney. I find it very hard to write descriptions. I just write what the bear composes of etc. I just can't seem to be more... well a storyteller, I suppose. My husband put some of my old bears that did'nt sell on Ebay and did the whole gorgeous, lovely, well made thing and guess what, yep they sold!
I did see a tip on Penny 'gotobedbears' and that was to say different monitors may show the colours differently, very true.
I think you can do templates that you can use every time. So your details, maybe some history can be used on every listing. My trouble is I need to do the marketing side more.
In the end though I think it comes down to getting the photography right and making sure your gallery picture is one that will lead them in.

White City, Oregon

Thnk's Amanda, that helps me some...I know it takes practice and skill too... us who are PC dummies are just bewildered how to do this for our bears....Winney

White City, Oregon

Oops...what I wanted to say is we sure could use a tutorial on this....Shelli  or anyone else. Wow this would make a good topic for Bears an Buds too.........Winney

White City, Oregon

I think I put this request in the wrong part of our Index..so I will re- post it in General....Winney

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Winney- go to the bear page and read what people who have bears you like and admire write.....then get over being bashful....then I hope its ok to be quirky.....I have had more hits this time than I did last November....when I did not have any

This time I'm up to 12...sigh.....:(

But 12 is better than none...big breathe  :)

We have been brought up to be modest and not toot our own horn.....welll, honey..... now is the time to toot away!

Dilu

White City, Oregon

Toot toot toooooooooooooooot , OK Dilu , you are so right lovey....Winney

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Hi Winney,

Dilu is right.  You need to self promote in this business but NOT put others down as it turns people off.  Toot your horn without bragging.  This will show you are confident in your work.

No matter what your text says, a picture is worth a thousand words!  You have to remember that a potential buyer only has the pictures to go on.  They don't get to hold the bear like you do....unless they buy /adopt him/or her.

You can be cutsie in your writing but buyers want the facts:
1-What is the bear made of
2-what is it jointed with
3-what are the eyes, German glass...or other
4-what is the bear filled with
5-what is the nose made of
6-what is the bear filled with
7-is it wieghted
8-any special treatments like eyelids, airbrushing, shading
9-does the bear some from a smoking or non-smoking home
10- is the bear your original design
11- if it is fur is it new, recycled, the type and is it lined

Tell the veiwers all these things, they want to know everything.  They also want to know who YOU are.  A good place to include a bio is  to creat e an "About Me "page and/or include a separate paragraph at the end of each listing that tells a littel about yourself...how long you have been designing and making bears, any awards etc. 

You can also try listing your bears at the top of each page.  It does cost extra but more people will see it. 

There is also a book available called , "Ebay for Dummies".  I wish it was available when I first started.  I have not read it but it sounds like a good book.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Thank you Judi....I would never have thought to do a bio

Hey Winney......race ya to the bio page......

Dilu

White City, Oregon

Oh Dilu, I can tell you will beat me there already...I have so much to , I need to finish a few bears first...then my brother has one page up for me for my web site and is waiting for BEARS ,taking  photos and writing descriptions and the  about me page and I need to figure out what to do about Pay Pal and..... YIKES ! there is too much to do !!! If I can just keep from getting ill again maybe I can pick up where I left off a month ago ???
I know, I know...a thousand mile journey starts with just one step... Thanks friends,Amanda, Judi and Dilu.....Winney

Board footer