Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Megelles Megelles
Brisbane
Website

The 2 aussie miners in Tassie - have been walked out of the mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After 14 days they are finally an the surface.

It is great news!! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

That's fabulous news - their families must be soooo relieved.  It's nice to have a happy ending to such a possibly tragic story!!

hugs,

Brenda

fribblesltd fribbles, ltd.
Kalispell, Montana

Thank God!!  What a wonderous miracle.

Amelia

Megelles Megelles
Brisbane
Website

I had tears watching the tv - seeing their chidlren's reaction was just brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They have been out for about an hour now!!  It is nearly 7 am Tuesday morning here in Australia.
bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Koala Adorable Bears
Shepparton/Victoria

Not only are they out but they WALKED , arms raised in triumph , after 14 days trapped  1km underground. Everyone is overjoyed, however,thinking of their co-worked who was killed in the rock fall. His family waited as long as they could but decided to go ahead with the funeral today. It now seems that the two miners MAY be able to say goodbye to their mate.(If cleared by doctors...they have just arrived at the hospital)
A huge effort by resee workers who worked in dangerous very difficult conditions,
A bitter sweat day.
Susan

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

:dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
That's great!
They can finally enjoy being back on the surface, seing their familly and friend, and enjoying a comfortable bed! This must have been very hard for them...

Such a dangerous work to be miner...

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

This nothing short of a miracle.    bear_innocent  I can't even imagine the feelings they and their familes must have been  experiencing over the past 2 weeks.   It is so nice to hear good things on the news for a change !!

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh this is fantastic news..  I am over the moon with joy!!

Danni

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

What I found the most amazing was that it turns out they couldn't even sit up where they were trapped. They spent the whole 14 days lying down and could only raise their heads 15cm before touching rock. Creeepy! I would have died of panic. What miraculous guys these are! I can't believe they could still walk! :clap:

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

Such a wonderful outcome for what must have been a completely harrowing experience for everyone concerned - how sad that one of the miners was not spared.
Their families must be so relieved

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Yes I couldn't believe it.  Walking and picking up their kids.  Its amazing.  They are out of hospital now I'm pretty sure.

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Fantastic news.  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Great news!   :dance:  :dance:

Board footer