Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I was just reading that there is heavy rains and terrible flooding in New Hamphire and Massachusettes with potential dam failures and evacuations, etc.  How are things where you are?   Both states being such tiny little things in comparison to big ol' Oregon I was thinking of you.

Hugs,
Shantell

P.S.  I can send you some flippers if you need them  :crackup:  We, native Oregonians are born with webbed toes (just kidding).

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Gee, I'll have to watch the news !   I hope you are o.k. Daph !    bear_cry

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

We're rather soggy but still afloat!

Being 'adventurous' (read: IDIOTS) we drove to my folk's (It's Mother's day - we had to!)....  it was a 2 hour drive across NH & ME. On the way there we encountered some roads that were starting to flood. No big deal though. On the way home it took us twice as long and a LOT of detours. Our state is now under a state of emergency..... most all towns under flood warnings have been 'shut down' meaning no one is to be on the roads unless they are being evacuated. We got home just in time as there is now no way out of our neighborhood with rivers on either end flooding the roads.

There is a bit of water starting to seep through the cellar walls... our back yard is a pond, we have a river raging down the side of our drive way. Many roads in the town we moved from 2 yrs ago are totally washed out including our old road! Many houses there have been evacuated.

Last October we had huge amounts of rain fall and rivers flooded and washed away entire neighborhoods so now everyone seems to be on a heightened state of alert, bordering on panic. The local news gets so dramatic about it all. This time around there are no reported deaths, washed away homes, etc. The major rivers aren't expected to reach flood stage until tomorrow so that could all change.

All schools in the centeral and southern part of the state of NH and most all in the state of MA are CLOSED tomorrow.

FYI: Had this been snow we'd have about 5-6 FEET already!!

We'll be OK though so don't worry!!!

Thank you, Shantell!  :hug:   :hug:   :hug:   :hug:

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Oh Daphne   bear_cry   :hug:  :hug:   :hug:  :hug:   :hug:   :hug:   :hug:   :hug:  Stay well and keep us posted if you can.  :hug:   :hug:   :hug:   :hug:

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Yes, Daphe, please let us know what's going on.  I really hope things don't get much worse.

Hugs, :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Brenda

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Everyone here sends their regards to your Dad to, hon.  Hope he is doing better!

:hug:
dilu

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Oh dear!  I haven't heard of this yet.  Stay dry Daphne!!
xox Sarah

chris009av Real Deal Bears

You might have to make little flippers for your bears Daphne  bear_rolleyes

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hope it doesn't get any worse, Daphne . . . try to stay dry!

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Thinking about you, Daphne, and hoping the flooding situation doesn't get any worse.
Bear hugs, Edie

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hoping that the rain will pass Daphne and the flooding will subside.
Stay dry and look after yourself.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Oh do take care Daphne! It sounds as if you get it bad there. We are on a hosepipe ban as we have not had enough rain. Look after yourselves!

Hugs Jane.  :hug:

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Daphne keep dry and safe .......you could send some over here we are in desperate need of rain, the dams are getting very low.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original  :hug: Stay High and Dry and Safe, Daphne!!  :hug:

Eileen

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh my gosh Daphne I had no idea!!!!!  Guess I have not been watching the news at ALL lately! 

So glad you are OK and hope you stay that way!!!

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Daph, I immediately though of you as well when I saw the news this morning!  Glad to hear that you are doing okay!  Hope it lets up soon!

:hug:  bear_wub

Kim Basta
Widl Thyme Originals

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

For those of you in the UK and Oz.... I tried huffing and puffing these rain clouds out to you but it just doesn't seem to be working!  bear_tongue

Woke up this morning to just a drizzle instead of pouring rain... that was good. The smaller rivers near us have backed off, opening some roads up. Unfortunately the water has dumped into the bigger rivers which are now flooding just south of us. Gotta love mountain living... glad we are UP in the mountains instead of in the valleys! Course in winter time that means we get more snow. Ya just can't win!

More rain later today and tonight... in fact there is rain in the forecast for another 4 days!  bear_wacko  bear_angry
Jane, I really wish I could just send this across the 'pond' to you!!!

Thanks for your care and concern guys.... we're gonna be just fine!!!  bear_thumb

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

We haven't had rain in our water catchment areas for 4 months, so although I know how awful it is to experience water flooding I can't help wish that it was being dumped right where we need it.
Good to see you are all right though.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Well, I have to say that when you see entire neighborhoods under 3-4' of water, homes lost, nursing homes evacuated, pets surrendered, etc. it's heartbreaking.

The catholic school in the state's capitol that is also a historical land mark and a beautiful campus of historical buildings is flooded, eroded, divided by raging water causing the 530 students to be evacuated and school closed for the remainder of the school year. I grew up walking that campus as a kid as we lived down the road and it was a safe place. My grandmother now lives 1/4 mile up the road from the school at a retirement home... every time the phone rings I expect to hear she's being evacuated too!

More damage and destruction to our old neighborhod and town has occured. One of our former neighbors has lost their barn and some livestock. Another has water coming in her front door but refuses to evacuate. The house belonged to her parents, she was raised there, she's raised her family there as well and now her granddaughter. She insists upon staying.

It's nothing compared to the hurricanes that destroyed New Orleans, etc. last year or the tsunami but in quiet little New England, so close to home, it's disheartening.

I wouldn't wish this rain be dumped anywhere!!!!

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Oh Daphne...how terrible.  My grandparents house flooded when I was a kid because a small dam broke miles up stream from their house.  I just remember it being a mess...like 6 inches of mud in her living room.

I keep hearing the news and thinking of you and your family.  Does ones prayer wheel get too full?

:hug:

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Daphne,

The pictures look awful.  I'm glad you're ok.  Please stay safe and dry.  I wish you could send the rain down here - it's so dry.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Hows the flooding situ now Daph??
xo Sarah

sewing stars sewing stars
providence, rhode island

oh daphne, i am sorry it is so much worse up there...down here some of our inland rivers are reaching flood stages, but nothing as bad as more your way...i am ready for the rain to end! i am starting to think the sun doesn't exist anymore...

stay dry!  bear_wub teresa

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

Daphne, ive been offline for a couple of days, im so sorry to hear about all this hope you and your neighbours are okey.
LANIE  :hug:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

The SUN is shining!!!

The birdies are happily singing!
It's breezy (keeps the misquitos moving!!) and supposed to reach a very comfy 72 degrees!

Hopefully the water and road crews will be able to get some roads opened back up today and people who were evacuated will be able to return to their homes!

It's a BEAUTIFUL day!!  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

Board footer