Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I know that the ATCs don't have to be made out of PAPER.
I know they can be 3 dimensional.
But how THICK can they be?
I had what I thought was a brilliant idea but I'm looking at the end result and thinking that it might be TOOO thick, raised, puffy or how ever you want to say it.
Is there a guideline on this???

This is my first attempt at an ATC... I'm not giving away my secrets yet... but I'm getting really fustrated already! bear_tongue Fran... this is all your fault! :hug:

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Daphne, there really isn't a limit, but the recommended thickness is approx 1/4 inch . I have made some thicker though

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

bear_sad  bear_angry  bear_wacko  bear_cry
***sigh***
Back to the drawing board...... I was afraid of that!

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Hey Danhne anything will do dont give up i am still waiting even a old playing card just sign  it ha!ha!

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

They can be any thickness Daphne, on paper or card...

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Hey...don't be teasing us now...show the goods!!!!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA
jazzyrags wrote:

Hey Danhne anything will do dont give up i am still waiting even a old playing card just sign  it ha!ha!

Dont' tempt me!!  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA
shantell wrote:

Hey...don't be teasing us now...show the goods!!!!

Patience my dear... I've got to decide if it is good enough to show you all..... I'm sure after I've made 10 or 15 they'd look a bit more perfected..... but you'll see the first one! After the finishing touches.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

koalaingumtreeportraitweb.jpgkoalaingumtreewebpost.jpgDo you mean something like this?
This is a 3 dimensional fabric frame with fabric leaves surrounding a pen sketch.and is just on 8mm thick.
There's about 26mm to an inch. (if that helps.)
Wendy

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

WE are waiting Daphne!!!!!!! :dance:  :dance:  bear_grin

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh Daphne~  Honey don't worry about it.  It is your art.  And anyone worth having a card of yours would be thrilled....no matter how thick or thin it is. 

IT IS YOURS

Your art is yours and worth it!  So don't let silly rules get in the way-you're an artist, and artists are always pushing the envelope.....if they didn't we wouldn't have so much of the wonderful art we have......we would still be scrapping carred wood ashes on the walls of the cave  :crackup:

dilu, who now considers it a badge of courage that teachers complained she couldn't follow directions!  HA!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

OK, I posted a picture (which I took in the fridge...LOVE that light!) in the ATC Forum which is where I think it belongs???

It's here: http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php … 74#p107474

Please keep in mind this was an experiment..... and a first for me! (Can you tell I'm nervous about showing you?)
:redface:  :redface:  :redface:  :redface:

Board footer