Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

I have been a very very naughty girl  :redface:  bear_rolleyes

I have only just started collecting BJD Dollfie dolls and they are really expensive so are a bit of a treat but last week i came across a gorgeous boy that i fell in love with......and.....well, you know what it's like when you're in love don't you girls...........you lose your mind completely and do daft things...............soooooo.............I BOUGHT HIM!!!

Okay i know i should'nt have done it but...........umm.......err...........i just could'nt live without him  bear_wub

What i want to know is - Is it only me who throws caution to the wind and money out the window when i see something i really WANT rather than something i really NEED???

Come clean girls and boys, tell Auntie PenPen what you have blown your money on in the past.  :doh:

Here's some piccies of my gorgeous boy anyway.

PenPen  bear_innocent  :twisted:  bear_tongue  :dance:  bear_whistle

67_1.JPG

b9_1.JPG

b9_1.JPG

8f_1.JPG

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

he looks like an extremely BAD boy, especially with that cigarette! But, I can see why you couldn't resist him - I always loved to bring the bad boys home cause they were much more fun.

Marion

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Wow!!  That is an amazing doll.  He definitely has an attitude.   bear_original

I'm not the spender in the family....hubby is.  I'm the conservative one. 

Warmest hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Whooo, what attitude!  Stunning doll Penny.

I'm a good girl these days ... well, most of the time!  In the past I have had a few mad moments, like the time I emptied my savings account for Sandra Wickenden's stunning 'Yona' bear, then there was that sweet faced 1930's Chiltern living in Stockport who was looking to relocate to Kent and there was also an 'essential' laptop (which has hardly ever been used!)  bear_cry

MerBear wrote:

he looks like an extremely BAD boy, especially with that cigarette! But, I can see why you couldn't resist him - I always loved to bring the bad boys home cause they were much more fun.

Marion

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

MARION!!!!!!!! You suprise and shock me honey  :redface:  bear_wacko  bear_shocked
But i TOTALLY understand where you are coming from

Penny bear_whistle

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

What a great doll!

I'm guilty too! If I start a new hobby, I spend tonnes of money getting evrything I may ever need! LOL

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

OOO everyone likes the idea of a 'bad boy" ...why is that? ! bear_laugh

Penny, he is gorgeous.  Where did you find him?

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Penny,
     I don't tend to spend a lot of money at once, but I am definitely guilty of spending money on fun things.  I have spent hundreds of dollars on scrapbooking accessories in the past few years and have only ever used it to make two ACEOs LOL!

Having said that, I did splurge on my Forget-me-not bear a few months ago and hubby was the one who encouraged me - nice fellow LOL!  Teddy was definitely a "want" not a "need", but I do love him a lot!

Hugs,

Brenda

ellen ontario, canada

HMMMMM, wonderful young man you have there Pen!  thanx for sharing.

i've been a very good girl of late but i show little restraint when there are bears involved....and i'm sure you all understand that!   bear_thumb

but i HAD to have an original lorraine chien bear a while back, yup, i did, i couldn't possibly live without him.    bear_grin

Ell

Judi wrote:

OOO everyone likes the idea of a 'bad boy" ...why is that? ! bear_laugh

Penny, he is gorgeous.  Where did you find him?

Ahh that magical worldwide garage sale that is known as EBAY Judi.

It is indeed a magical place.........where at the hit of a button all great and wonderful things will be delivered miraculously to your door as if by sorcery...........there is no need of gold to acquire such items........the mystical creature that is known as 'Paypal the Unwise' will ensure by secret charms and rites that all things that you desire will be yours.

:crackup:

toadbriar ToadBriar
western massachusetts

he looks like David Bowie from Labyrinth   bear_wub

my weaknesses are used books,  fabric/art supplies, & treats for the animals

but lately I've been lusting after a metal detector........ bear_grin

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

I love these dolls...I love their hair!! I have just blown loads of money on a new lens for my camera...and an air-brush ...now I am flat broke.....

I don't feel too guilty as I look at it as an investment...(Ha-ha!!!)

toadbriar wrote:

he looks like David Bowie from Labyrinth   bear_wub

my weaknesses are used books,  fabric/art supplies, & treats for the animals

but lately I've been lusting after a metal detector........ :lol:

Wow, yeah now you mention it he does a bit  :dance:

a METAL DETECTOR?????? have you dreams of finding a hoard of viking gold?
If you find any please share

Penny

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Brenda said

I don't tend to spend a lot of money at once, but I am definitely guilty of spending money on fun things.  I have spent hundreds of dollars on scrapbooking accessories in the past few years and have only ever used it to make two ACEOs LOL!

That makes absolutely perfect sense, and i so totally support you being prepared Bren.  :crackup:  :crackup:

Here is how I 'justify' things like that.

You Just Never Know

There could be a world wide shortage of...................................list whatever it is you are stocking up on

If .............................................. happens how will I keep myself occupied?

My latest, I just got a Singer featherweight.  I love her.  She was born the same year as I was!  And she can be hooked up to the solar batteries and run even with no electricity!

I am currently looking for a treadle machine.....for when it is winter and the solar batteries don't work! :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

My hubby is so understanding!

Supplies are my biggest stock up item.  Because when you need them you need them.  When i have a new doll or gollie  I can't wait 2 weeks for shoes to get here, so I have lots of shoes from 1.5" up to baby small size.....that way I can make a doll measure the foot and decide on the shoes first....the shoes will determine the style of clothing.

Can't put an antibellum dress on a golly with red tennies.   Can you?  Hmmmmmmmm.... why does that idea really appeal to me?  bear_wacko

hugs

bear_tongue

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Dilu, I understant completely!!!!!  You make me laugh - thanks!

Hugs,

Brenda

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

Penny.......you bad girl, you!  Way to go!! :dance:  :dance:

Now, you've brought up my favorite NEED vs. WANT issue..............I always say, "I really, really, really want it, therefore.... I NEED it!"  :crackup:  :crackup:  The hubby hates my logic bear_whistle

Awesome doll by the way.......he does look like David Bowie and sooooo bad! bear_thumb  bear_thumb

:hug:
Tracy

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Bigbearsized.JPGFantastic doll, Penny!
No you're certainly not the only one!
My weakness is antique and vintage bears and dolls. I remember years ago when I found an antique Kaiser baby in a shop while on holidays, I told my husband if I could just have THAT doll I'd never want another! (fortunately he didn't hold me to it!). Lately it has been bears more than dolls and here is photo of the bear that I just had to have when we were on vacation in Arizona a couple of winters ago. Took all my spending money for the trip (and then some!) and a whole lot of room in the car too but he was worth it!

Bear hugs, Edie

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

OOOHH!!! Penny!! I just noticed. Your stars are twinkling!~!!!!!!!!!  bear_grin

Love your badboy Penn. He looks a little like a boyfriend I had as a teenager. :redface:  bear_grin
I threw caution to the wind at christmas and bought myself a string of pearls. Broke them two weeks later.
And my citizen eco-drive watch. which is still ticking.  bear_grin (wonders never cease)
Wendy

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

Scrapbooking supplies. I'm a sucker for paper, pens, corner rounders, paper, adhesives, charms, paper, scissors, magazines, silk ribbon, paper, paper, paper!

Books. New, used, picture, vintage, and cooking. Thinking about collecting children's first editions but don't have the tens of thousands to shell out for "Little Women," "Little House on the Prairie," "Winnie the Pooh," and other favorites.

Flowers. I joke that someday, my husband will be able to mow our yard with a push mower because everything else will be gardens. It costs me $50 to walk past a flower stand, let alone do serious shopping. This year, I swore I'm not adding any new perennials ... so, I've planted four window boxes and six other containers with annuals instead. I can't help it--I grew up in the desert. I suffer Early Childhood Flower Deprivation. :)

Craft supplies. Scrapbooking is actually an offshoot of my crafting addiction. I simply can't buy something if I think I could make it. I've got bins and bins of paint, glue guns, scissors, fabric, glitter, wood shapes, styrofoam shapes, silk flowers, quilt batting, and everything else one would normally find on the shelves of AC Moore or Michael's. I don't have time to do much with it these days, but I still like to visit it and dream...

T-shirts. My work uniform is basically jeans and a T-shirt, and I am always searching for the perfect white T-shirt. The right fit, right neckline, right length, right bit of stretchiness. Some women do shoes, I do T-shirts.

Make-up. You'll rarely see me wear it, but I love to shop for it. Especially during "bonus days" or "gift time" when you get samples for free.

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Penny he does look like a bad boy.  What would George think !   :crackup:

Edie- I LOVE that big giant bear.  No wonder you couln't resist. 

Mindy, oh you are a girl after my own heart.   

I simply can't buy something if I think I could make it. I've got bins and bins of paint, glue guns, scissors, fabric, glitter, wood shapes, styrofoam shapes, silk flowers, quilt batting, and everything else one would normally find on the shelves of AC Moore or Michael's. I don't have time to do much with it these days, but I still like to visit it and dream...

That is just like me.  I hate going to craft shows because I don't buy much, just come home with loads of ideas of things to make.   Also scrapbooking supplies, and any kind of  pens ,paper  etc.  I have loads of this stuff and I just like to take it out and look at it sometimes.   Isn't that weird  bear_wacko Thank goodness for the ATC's so at least I'm using it sometimes.   

I guess there could be worse things to spend money on !

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Strains of Tammy and Mindy are in me as well.  I have so many craft supplies that I told my family not even a month ago that, when I die, there is a FORTUNE to be made in selling it off, so they have been sternly warned NOT to undervalue all that "junk" of mine.

This weekend, I invested (sounds better than "spent," doesn't it?) so much money in art supplies that I got a call not five minutes ago from my credit card to confirm the purchases and make sure my card wasn't being used fraudulently.  Ouch.  But it's for a good cause and will hopefully pay for itself and then some over time.

Edie... your bear is fabulous!!!

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Penny, this boy is fantastic ! bear_wub
Please keep buying dolls : it's less frustrating for me not to be able to buy some ! :crackup:
:hug:  :hug:
I just asked my fiancĂ© if he thought I spent to much money and he looked at me as if I was crazy, so I think I'm a nice girl  bear_innocent (or that he just doesn't realize bears I buy are not the same price as plushes toys   bear_tongue ).
Hugs  ! :hug:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Always proud of anyone beginning a new collection  bear_tongue  Well done Penny bear_thumb  My sister and I always tell ourselves to think of the money we save, not spent bear_happy  We collect too much in our family!  And spend too much too hehe bear_happy
Edie, I saw that pic in a bear mag.  He is huge!!!  And adorable too bear_innocent

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Edie

, your bigboy was a def. true value- you had to get him, I can see that!  bear_grin

Mindy

:

Make-up. You'll rarely see me wear it, but I love to shop for it. Especially during "bonus days" or "gift time" when you get samples for free.

Now that is funny

We all have ways to justify our passions...too bad the passion isn't for cleaning.....sigh

dilu drudge who did scrub the bathroom today....sigh.........

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania
toadbriar wrote:

he looks like David Bowie from Labyrinth   :love:

That is too funny! I was just about to post that he looked like David Bowie when I saw that you had posted it! LOL 

David Bowie it is ... I love that movie!!! (I wonder if I can find that on ebay!)

Board footer