Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Hello everyone,

I just got a nasty message from another ebayer about my Morris Mouse.  Did I deserve this??  Please do tell me if any of you think I'm in the wrong!

I have omitted all names and put blanks in their place, although only one name was mentioned:

I went to your me page and you stated :My integrity as an artist is very important to me. but yet you stole another artists way of selling and idea, the story concept was brought to ebay by another establisted artist, ***********, she was the one who came up with idea and has used it for a very long time and also you copied her mouse idea, shame on you, **** is a really class act and doesn't deserve this. My wife is a big bear collector and would never bid on an artist the steals ideas, and I know she isn't alone, if you notice all artists that do well come up with original ideas.

I replied:
I am very sorry if you feel this way; I have no earthly clue as to who ********** is, nor have I ever even seen one of her auctions (that I know of).  I think it is very unfair and rude of you to jump to conclusions about what you assume is a deliberate act of copying.  I would like to ask you why I would state that my integrity is important and then (supposedly) blatantly copy someone else's work.  Now don't you think that is about as silly as your accusation?

I am also very sorry that there is at least one person in this world that is ignorant enough to think that the idea of a mouse being on someone's countertop is copyrighted material and that no one else in the world is allowed to base an eBay auction on a fictitious story such as that.  Forgive me for having an imagination that apparently is as winsome as ****'s.  How about you take this into consideration: If **** feels that I have done anything malicious against her, then please let her 'fight her own battle' and contact me herself. I am almost certain that she would be a much more civilized person and learn the facts before brazenly accusing.  Thank you so much for taking the time to get worked up about something that isn't even an issue.

I guess no one's allowed to make mice and tell stories about them???????

Kimberly W.

P.S. This is the exact same 'guy' who emailed another TTer about the same issue!!!!!

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Huh, that brought back memories of another thread.  This guy did the same thing to another TT at one point:

http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=1615

Sorry you received a nasty email!  You are free to create any animal that you please, of course, and it is up to you if you want to write a story, song or sonnet to go with it.  Nobody owns those rights.

Best wishes,
Kelly

Ft. Bragg, NC

Thank you Kelly, I recieved that link from another TTer and read through it.  Smells very fishy to me.  Also, thank you for the kind words; they really help! :)

Kimberly W.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I knew other people would remember this situation that happened with Nanc*e*bears!!!

sarahjane Brisbane

Kimberly don't worry about it...There seem to be a small group of people who have nothing better to do than surf ebay auctions and send nasty emails......my son who paints warhammer models for pocket money got one once critisising his painting (my hubby deleted it before he saw it as he didn't need to be subjected to someone elses negativity!!!)

if I were you I would put it where it deserves to be....in the trash

:hug:

Ft. Bragg, NC

Thanks, Sarahjane, you're right...  What a nasty person.  I forgot to mention to them that if they behaved that way, to please NOT buy my bears..... :)

Kimberly W.

Glacierbaybears Glacier Bay Bears
Japan

No, not in any way did you Deserve such a nasty email! who does this guy thing he is? Is he the mouse police and if you make one I'll know about it! your DESIGNS and IDEAS are your own, no one can take that way from anyone! Your mouse is a original one of a Kind not a copy. don't let him get under your skin!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Why not surf e-bay and send positive encouraging e-mails....thats a lot more fun!  And who knows?  You might make a new friend. bear_original

Too bad that person never tried the happy e-mail method....

Sorry Kimberly..... :hug:

bear_cry

Ft. Bragg, NC

LMAO, mouse police....  I wish I would have thought of that when I replied to him.....  Thanks, Jamie...

And thanks, Dilu...  :hug:

Kimberly W.

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Km, I too remember that long discussion about mousy stuff.  bear_happy  Sorry that it happened to your sweet mouse.  :hug: 
please, don't  take it seriously. I thinl if this person noticed your mouse (just as he noticed the Nancy's mouse) it means that you are a talanted artist  and make beautiful art pieces. He is just too jealous to addmitt it.  bear_angry

Hugs to you and your sweet mouse! You deserve the best on your auction!

Julia :hug:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Dilu, you are right and that would be my simple response to any one that sent an email like this guy did.

Kimberly... don't you give this 'guy' another thought. Most definitely don't take it personally.

I too started thinking how familiar that email sounded and immediately thought how sad that this person is still up to no good.

Forget it!

Hey, someone else has caught onto an idea I had and introduced on eBay... no one had ever sold such a thing before on eBay..... and is now trying to sell her version there.... should I be telling her off? What right would I have?

You keep doing what you do, Kimberly! You know in your heart it's YOUR original idea and people love what you do so just keep marching with your head held high!

Daphne

Ft. Bragg, NC

YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!  bear_wub  :hug:  bear_wub  :hug:  bear_wub

So much support; and to think I was really worried that I'd ticked off the wrong people!  i thought I'd never sell another mouse again!!!!  bear_cry  LOL

Kimberly W.

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

No you did not deserve that!  Please don't let it rent space in your head.  He is a mean and spiteful person who is not important to you. :hug:

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Take no notice, Kimberly--

This dude obviously targets all eBay mice and sends the same nasty email. I can't even imagine having the time, but he obviously gets kicks this way.

Maybe this idea won't appeal to you, but you might consider informing him that you know this has happened before, and he's repeating himself.

Eileen

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Don't think nothing of it sweety! You didnt copy anyone! Like you can't design a mouse!! GEZZZZZZZZZZZ
Tell this person to get a LIFE!

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Kim,
     No, you didn't deserve that - I just sent you a PM!

hugs,

Brenda

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia
BearBottoms wrote:

LMAO, mouse police....  .

lol, yes, this guy certainly needs to lighten up!
hugs Kimberly
xo Sarah

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

LOL.. I wonder if this "guy" as an automatic email that he sends to people who do mousie auctions LOL  I wouldn't give it a second thought, Kim.. you have bids and you said what you needed to say, let him lose sleep over it LOL

Ft. Bragg, NC

ooo, ooooo Erin!  I say we make it a Challenge!  Do I hear Challenge forum???  bear_tongue lol j/k

Kim Bee, lol, perhaps it's like one of those mass mailer things.  Mouse auction?  Send out a nasty email!

Kimberly W.

chris009av Real Deal Bears

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  what a great idea Erin , lets mouse him good  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Erin you and I think alike I was just thinking the same thing!  :crackup:

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

:dance:   :clap:   :crackup:

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Erin, that is too funny!   :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

hugs,

Brenda

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia
chris009av wrote:

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  what a great idea Erin , lets mouse him good  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Mitch2052 Blue Valley Bears
Website

Erin,
It sounds to me as though this person is trying to scare off anyone from making a mouse with a story theme. Why?? Are they tring to protect their own interests? Mice, Bunnies, Fairies what ever, they are not copywrite. You do not deserve this persons insults.
bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower
Cheers Susan

Board footer