Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

bearkeeper Posts: 18

I got my first Boyd's bear today!!. I was looking around the same shop I got my beloved Blue Bear at, when I saw that they had Boyd's bears half off. I picked up a small bear wearing a hooded shirt thingy with ladybugs on it. I wasn't crazy about the outfit, but I loved the bear himself. And since the outfit was removable I saw no reason not to buy him ( although honestly I probably would have bought him even if it wasn't removable ).
He's about eight or nine inches tall, with brown fuzzy fur. He's also fully jointed. I've never had a jointed stuffed animal before. It's really cool. I've got him sitting by my keyboard as I type.

nettie scotland
Website

Watch out you will soon have hundreds sitting by you at the keyboard!!!!
Diane

bearkeeper Posts: 18

I don't doubt it bear_original

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Everyone loves a collector!  Welcome to the crazy, fuzzy world of overspending on furry things! bear_original

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

Awww he sounds lovely.. bear_original
Its soooooo exciting to get  a new bear....
Just like christmas....
Lanie x

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Listen to another collector: once you are hooked, you cannot stop yourself buying more!

I began to buy teddy bears from Merrythought in November 2003, and have now more than 32 bears from them... And I have now to add the artist bears I added to my bear hug too!

Just to tell you now I am invaded my teddy bears and don't think anymore about trying to stop!

I remember telling myself: this one is the last... But then another joined, and another, and another...

Mind yourself! If you happen to visit the bears for sale in that forum, you may be tempted to buy even more bears than expected.

I am doing myself violence not to buy every bear I love. I feel so sad about letting great bears go with someone else or just stay because they did not find a home... But i am not rich enough to buy them all.

Have fun with your new bear!

Please post some pics!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Two down and hundreds to come ...... there is no stopping now .... enjoy your new hobby...

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
nettie wrote:

Watch out you will soon have hundreds sitting by you at the keyboard!!!!
Diane

Ha!  I have 12 bears surrounding my keyboard and screen!!!

Isn't it exciting to adopt a new bear?!! bear_wub

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Boyds Bears were all I collected (and a few Gund and Bearington Collection... OK, I collected a lot of different brands but MOSTLY Boyds!) then I discovered artist bears... then I became an artist... so you can imaging after 35 years of collecting (I still have every stuffed animal from my childhood!!) how big my hug is!! I especially love the Boyds Bears that were made before the company was sold. They had a lot more personality and individuality! Their bears are still awfully cute though!

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Whoohoooo!!!!  Have FUN!!!!!   :hug:

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

How neat that you have a new Bear friend to sit beside you at the keyboard.
Very exciting.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Great to have a new friend and it's good to have him sitting by your keyboard and now he can keep and eye on what were saying about bears.  bear_rolleyes

By my keyboard I have a little bear called Fran...why...because our dear friend Fran (Jazzyrags) sent her to me.  bear_thumb

Hugs Jane.  bear_flower  bear_flower

K Pawz Guest

Happy collecting and welcome aboard... :hug:

Hugs,
Krista

Board footer