Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Well gals, I did have my picture on here for you to see what I look like and then I got weirded out for some reason and I took it down..... If you are really interested and bug me enough, I will put it back....:lol:

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

bug bug bug bug :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hugs Louise

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh my goodness, such a beautiful bride...Kim why on earth did you take it down?  And such an interesting composition, black and white but the flowers in color....did you do that or some professional?  Its truly lovely- silly girl you are gorgeous!

Look at the grooms face, his face says it all!

Dilu

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I dunno.... It is a professional pic, as you can tell but, actually, I can do that too... it is just a "special" technique bear_original  That is my sweetheart with the dimples, if you can't tell!!!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yes, you are gorgeous.  Sheerly, utterly, and completely.  As is the photo and the entire "BRIDES" magazine scenario you've got going on there. 

The dude isn't bad on the ol' eyes, either; is his nickname "Dimples?".  ;)

It's very nice to know to whom I am speaking here; thanks so much for posting a pic!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I love them dimples!  Thank you all - you make me blush!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wowee, Kim . . . beautiful girl you are!!  And you are so deliciously YOUNG!!  Oh yeah . . . those dimples on your guy are to die for, too!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Oh, Kim, what a gorgeous photo of you two. When were you married?

Those dimples would have been all it took for me to say yes!!!! :D:D

Hugs, Daphne

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Kim, you are so beautiful !!!! :D
Can I go and sing the song....
♪ You are so beautiful to me...(and to
         everyone else) ♪

Thank you for sharing your wedding photo.
I love to see wedding photo ,
And you are so  beautiful bride!

Thank you,
Marie

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Ooh what a stunning girl you are Kim!!!!!   Looks like it was an amazing day!

Your hubby - oooh totally gorgeous!  You lucky girl you!

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

You are drop dead georgeous Girl! What a beauty. Loks like you are very happy in your picture.

Hugs Louise

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hey how come everyone here is so beautiful...what happen to me!
Kim you and your husband are two beautiful people and don't tell anyone but I have a real soft spot for dimples!
I love the photograph so much that I intend to learn how to do that technique.

Jane

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Kim, Your are beautiful, and your Hubby looks so proud to have you on his arm too. 

Jane, once you learn the technique will you share it with us all please.  Hugs Rita xxxxx

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Kim, you are a raving beauty!! bear_grin

One could get lost in your groom's dimples, you know . . .

It just goes to show (stop me if you've heard this before) that even (maybe especially) the young and beautiful are dissatisfied with their looks!

Eileen

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

We were married October 30 last year..... thank you all for your compliments - I am soooo shy an- you guys make me blush:) - you do wonders for my self-esteem!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Count me in Kim..a bit late though...You look FABULOUS!!!!!!  What an outstanding photo .  I really love the effect of black and white with the color.  It belongs in an art gallery.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Wisdom Bears wrote:

Jane, once you learn the technique will you share it with us all please.  Hugs Rita xxxxx

Hi Rita & all,

I'm not sure precisely how Kim's photographer created her photo, but I have an idea how you might be able to do it in a photo editing program. 

First, it requires an understanding of, and use of, LAYERS.  Layers are just a way to work with photos that allow you to move things around, change certain parts, and otherwise have a lot of flexibility.  Think of them as a stack of transparencies.  For an avatar -- as an example -- one layer might contain the bear image.  Another layer might contain the business name.  A third layer might contain the background.  A fourth layer might contain the text for the website.  When you stack these layers on top of one another, they form the final image you see.  If you looked at any single layer separate from the rest, however, you would see only the single element you place there... and the rest of the layer would be transparent.  Make sense?

So... to create this effect.  I'll put in BOLD, below, the steps to follow which are actually menu options in PhotoShop.  I imagine there are similar menu options in other photo editing programs.

1)  Start with a color image.
2)  Make a copy of that original image (DUPLICATE LAYER) and make certain it's on top of the original image
3)  DESATURATE (remove all color from) the topmost (duplicated) layer
4)  Working with the topmost, desaturated layer... select (trace a dotted line around, using the LASSO tool) only the flower portion of the image
5)  CUT or DELETE  the flowers on the desaturated layer
6)  If you lasso'd your flowers precisely enough, this should leave you with a top layer that is desaturated (i.e. black and white) which is "missing" the flower portion.  You can think of this "missing" area as a window to the lower layer, the original layer, which is still colorized.

To make the lower layer even more vivid, be sure you're working with the colorized layer in the LAYERS PALETTE, then adjust HUE/SATURATION to get the brightest flowers possible.

This is so much easier than it sounds.  Try it if you're game!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

I should probably add, by the way, that there is one other way to do this photo.

1)  Start with a color image
2)  Duplicate that image... desaturate it... and place the desaturated image UNDER the color image
3)  Select everything EXCEPT the flowers on the color layer, and then delete that selection

Intuitively, tho, because most of the photo is b&w, my mind thinks to put the desaturated layer on TOP.  It can, however, be done either way.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Shelli - that is exactly how you do it... I was told how to do it by a photographer friend of mine but wasn't willing to give up the photographer "secret" - but since you guessed it bear_original

clare14 Country Bears
England

Hi Kim

Just wanted to say what a beautiful picture, it looks like the a magazine cover - totally perfect!!  Treasure forever!!

Best wishes

Board footer