Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Bailey4.jpgBailey3.jpgBailey2.jpgBailey1.jpgYea . . . we just adopted another sweet doggy from a rescue organization.  They had plucked him from death row in one of the area humane societies.  What's wrong with people anyway that dump these priceless animals??  We thought our other rescue, Toby, needed a companion dog - our 4 cats just didn't quite do it for him.  We chose Bailey, a cute little 1 1/2 yr. old Cairn Terrier.  Will get photos up soon.  He has just been given a summer cut, so his hair is way short for a Cairn.

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Oh what a cutie pie!!! He has a sweet face.

that is wonderful!
I just love Terriers, I have a westie  bear_original
It is wonderful people like you that give these fur babies a second chance.  :hug:
What a lucky little pup!

K Pawz Guest

OH Sue Ann that is so awesome, you are an angel...I know what you mean about idiot people I am in animal rescue myself, and I am sure that you know that i have a houseful of kittens right now because of the thoughtless people that you speak of.

Hugs,
Krista

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

oh Sue Ann,

AAAAAWWWww! new dog. Can't wait to see him.  :photo:  :photo:  :photo: He is a very lucky guy to have found a loving Mom as you Sue Ann.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

I know what you mean -

What's wrong with people anyway that dump these priceless animals??

I just can't wrap my mind around it. I saw something on the news last night that made me cry. very sad!

but - your new dog - Bailey is a nice name. aawwww Cairn Terrier! they are so sweet - love the eye brows on there little faces. Looking forward to  :photo:  :photo:  :photo:  :photo:

hugs kassie

Dilu Posts: 8,574

awwww  Toby did need a new buddy.....they always have more fun with their friends.....and cats just don't do it!!

Well you and i know cats sleep 20 hours a day and the rest of the time is a very hectic period of eating pooping and annoying their people.

Gotta keep the training up on those people.....right?

Can hardly wait for the piccys!

:photo:  :photo:

bear_grin

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

You lucky lady!!!  I can't wait to see photos!!!  :photo:

Danni

Dilu Posts: 8,574

[size=18]awwww hes a li'l angel[/size] bear_innocent  bear_innocent  bear_innocent

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Aww Sue Ann, who could resist that sweetie!
Sonya

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

AWWWWWWWWW.  What an adorable little face...now that is one lucky pooch!!!   bear_wub

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Oh, Sue Ann!!! How exciting!!!

My parents have two cairns.... I raised the first for them until he was almost two... he was a terror through and through!!! He's 7 now and a cranky old man! Their younger one is two and just the sweetest little love... though he's spoiled rotten and has no idea what 'come' means nor has any intention of learning!

So... you might just have your hands full but they are the greatest dogs! Lucky Toby!! Let us know how they get along!!!

Hugs to Bailey from me and the cairns.... "Dandy" & "Angus" and my own terrors "Tucker" & "Riley"

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  what a sweetie!

Danni

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Sue Ann,

What a lovely wee pup - his eyes say it all -"thanks for giving me a chance at life"!  He's a lucky puppy!  You and hubby are such softees and I don't understand people either!

Hugs,

Brenda

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

I'm jealous...I so want a puppy and a terrier will always be my first pick of dog.

He's so cute - and he'll adore his wonderful new home too. 

I totally agree with Daphne about terriers being wilful..  My mum's dog, a fox terrier (or fox terrible as we prefer it) is now 15 and deaf as a post which means, in her mind at least, that all household rules no longer apply.

Stellajella Wien

I bear_wub  Bailey!
Sue Ann, you´re wonderful to give this wee darling a chance to survive! :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
I wish y´all lots of love & fu together!

Gaby bear_flower

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Wow what a cutie pie Bailey is. Both of you are very lucky to have found each other. Bailey is lucky to have you as a mum Sue Ann. This world need many more new mums or dads for these poor deserted furry babies. I can never get my head around how people can be so unkind to animal. I know some animals are not able to be re-homed for one reason or another but they still don't deserve to be on death row.
Back in January my daughter Eve adopted Malcolm, a border collie from a rescue home but he had really bad behavior problems and my daughter had to return him to the animal shelter where they said he would live the rest of his life there at the shelter. It's a great place with a huge big field for the dogs to run around in. They get a lot of love so don't feel too sorry for Malcolm. My daughter was bitten very bad by him and now has several scars. We feel sorry for the dog but don't blame him as he had been mistreated by his previous owners, poor boy.

Enjoy Bailey Sue Ann, he looks a real treasure.  bear_wub

Hugs Jane.  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

now that was worth the wait .....aaaawwwwww! your Mom already has you in a ribbon!  bear_wub
I grew up with Terriers and scotties - I think they or so sweet.

:bday:  Congratulations on Your New Loving home Bailey  :bday:

hugs kassie

nettie scotland
Website

What a lovely wee soul.His eyes are so sad.He will be happy soon living with you.I also find it strange that people can dump animals.Two of my dogs were very badly treated and I look at them and can't understand it.They make our lives much better ,keep us fit and are always available for a hug.I was a bit upset about something driving home the other night and almost instantly I had a furry head leaning on each shoulder,I felt instantly better.Good for you saving this lovely wee dog.
Diane xxx

DebbieD Posts: 3,540
melissa wrote:

I totally agree with Daphne about terriers being wilful..  My mum's dog, a fox terrier (or fox terrible as we prefer it) is now 15 and deaf as a post which means, in her mind at least, that all household rules no longer apply.

She's TERRIER...which means, I doubt the household rules ever applied bear_laugh

Seriously, the terriers are a group unto themselves.  It takes a special kind of 'stubborn' to go down into a hole to fight vermin, and these little guys did it valiantly!!!!  To some degree, you'll always find a touch of stubborness in a terrier, but there's a wide range of temperments.  If my arm was twisted and someone said I HAD to chose one... I'd probably go with a border terrier first, but a cairn would indeed be a close second.  I just love these little guys, and although some can be more stubborn than others (read 'braindead' in certain scenarios  bear_rolleyes )  All in all, they are very sweet, and very accomodating when it comes to rules. 

Bailey's landed on his feet, no doubt about that!!!  Although its not a true 'cairn clip' he'll be ever so thankful for that first summer clip going into a Texas summer I'm sure!  What a lucky, lucky pup!!!!  bear_wub

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

What a sweet little dog - congratulations.  I just dare not go near the pound or the SPCA, as I would have a house full in no time.  We already have three dogs, and my husband says if I bring home one more there will be trouble - he means that there will be lots of room for it, because I will have to leave - haha.  I have managed to restrain myself so far.

Jane P.

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

AWWWW what a sweetie bear_wub

Hugs
Vicki

Esmerldas Esmerldas
Colorado Springs, CO

Okay SueAnn, it seems the more I know you, the more we share.

We are also the proud "parents" of a rescued dog....in our case a lovely black labrador with a tragic past....she and 83 other dogs were taken away from a breeder running a "Puppy farm" almost 2 years ago.  Only 35 of these dogs survived the ordeal.  Our baby, her 2 brothers and her mother were all in a small travel crate without food or water for over 4 days, her siblings survived too, her mother did not. 

I can not understand why people don't realize that a dog is NOT a possession!!  When you adopt a dog, you are making a lifetime commitment -- the lifetime of the dog.  They are our companions and bring a lot of joy to our lives, and we owe it to them to follow through!!

I can hardly wait to see pictures of both of your "babies" together!

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Awe... bear_wub  I can't believe people would put an animal to sleep rather than find a loving home.

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

Oh, lucky you Sue Ann, and what a lucky pup to have you for a new mom!! :hug:  :hug: What a sweetie!! bear_wub

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Bailey is adorable, SueAnn and the look in his eyes, would have been hard not to take him home.
How lucky that he has found a wonderful Family where he will be shown lots of love and have fun.
That is so neat that you were able to save this dear wee chap.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Sue Ann,

I thank you so much for taking Bailey, and I know Bailey thanks you too.  It just sickens me to see the way "civilized" humans treat lives.  I am sitting here surrounded by 10 cats, 3 dogs, 4 rabbits and 5 horses that are all rescues.  They are all gems, and the people who gave them up didn't realize the treasure they lost.  I also believe there is a payday for those who are so cruel hearted.

Board footer