Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Hi everyone,

I am wondering if anyone can help me translate this site for me. I did try an translator on the internet, but it did not make much sense.  bear_wacko

TED WORLDWIDE- http://www.baerreport.de/

I am mostly interested in the TED worldwide Award area of the site.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

hugs kassie

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Kassie I presume that you are interested in the 2007 competition! Here is the translation. I'm not clever I just went to the site and clicked on the Union flag for the English translation. The voting for the 2006 competition has closed.

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb

Take Part in the Biggest
European Teddy Bear Competition!

TED worldwide award 2007

TED worldwide award, this means
- separate classes for hobbyists, artists and manufacturers
- eleven different categories which offer plenty opportunities
- an impartial jury and a final public’s choice
- affordable entry fees

> The three classes
> The eleven categories

> Get here the application form
> (PDF-Datei) send the application for to this adress

There is a link at this point ...go to the website to find it.

The TED worldwide award is the biggest teddy bear contest of Europe. Hosted by the leading German magazine BärReport, it is a truly international competition: with participants from all five continents, an independent jury from different countries, and, last but not least, many thousands of bear loving voters from about 50 countries in the world.

As organizers we take pride in our innovative system of entry categories, which are far more flexible than any other major competition you may know. To make the TED worldwide now even more interesting and exiting for hobbyists and artists we have already introduced the „masterclass“ as a new category during the last year’s competition. From now on there will be more movement in the artist class because all artists, who have been nominated two or more times in this class, have to enrol in the masterclass. There will be no extra class for manufacturers no more. Manufacturers have to take part in the masterclass with a creation of an artist working for them. With these novelties we would like to encourage bear makers – hobbyists and artists alike – to enhance their bear artistry and be more creative than ever.

In the past year the jury panels consisted of such renowned teddy bear authorities like: Volker Bredhauer (Germany), Manuela Trenz (Germany), Heather Lyell (New Zealand), Beth & Benjamin Savino (USA), John Paul Port (USA), Bo Be Park (Süd Korea), Margot Gailis (Australien) and Helena Oberholzer (Schweiz). They guarantee a fair and careful preselection of all entries. The readers of the BärReport magazine and - via our homepage www.baerreport.de - teddy enthusiasts from all over the world then have the final say.

We are well aware of the fact that joining a competition is a wonderful way to promote your work. That is why all nominated entries are being published on the BärReport website for a full five months term (October 2006 to February 2007), giving the names of the nominees and their email addresses (if existing). At the prestigious Teddybär Welt fair in Wiesbaden all nominated entries are shown to the public, too.

We now accept submissions to the TED worldwide awards 2007. Deadline for entering the competition is June 30th, 2006. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Just send an email or fax to the BärReport team (neumann@baerreport.de, +49 (0)221 530 56 89). We look forward to your participation in the TED worldwide competition!

Contest Rules
Thanks to its innovative category system the TED worldwide contest is perfectly suited for the inventive and expressive designs of the 21st century. Please choose your appropriate class. To do justice to the many ideas of today we have selected eleven categories.

How to find the right category for your entry:
A teddy bear is "undressed", when he is only wearing a bow, a collar or possibly a muzzle. The bears in the "undressed" categories must not have any additional accessory. Otherwise they will be regarded as „dressed“.

A "dressed" teddy bear may carry a small accessory if it distinctly displays the character or profession of the bear. Accessories must be fastened securely to the bear or the clothing. Props are not allowed.

No scenic presentations are permitted. Therewith a solely decorative scenery is meant, with objects which don't actually belong to the bear, animal or fantasy creation (so called props like a car, lantern, tree, house or such). Please note that any violation of this rule will result in the disqualification of the entry.

"Mixed materials" is a category which fosters any type of unusual mix. For example: mohair body and sculptured or wooden face.

The category "The Zoo" is open for all applications like animals or fantasy creations.

"Purely mechanics" includes all types of mechanics for and with bears and animals, decorated musical boxes, or body mechanics of any kind. It could be a bear on all fours fastened on wheels as well as an animal with a moving body.

"Subject: bear" presents the world of design. This is the right category for your jewelry, clothing, paintings/drawings or even small furniture as long as the bear remains its main subject.

In the categories A-H and J besides single bears pairs are submissible if they represent a theme. Examples: Anne & Andy, brother & sister, mother & child, Jack & Jill. The restriction of a maximum of two bears is not eligible to the category I (The zoo). Here as well presentations of groups call for a theme.

BärReport reserves its right to oversee the placement of an entry into a certain category and to correct it if necessary.

Application
Please use our official application form. In order to judge your work correctly we request you to send three professional photos (high gloss, c. 4” x 6") which show front and side view (or back view if necessary) and also a close-up of the head. For category J (Purely mechanics) two more pictures or sketches which show the mechanics (possibly before installation) are required. Please attach on the back side of each picture an adhesive label or sticker with your name and the name of the entry. Remember that these photos will promote your work. Please leave the "teddy on a sofa" at home. After all, you can pick up your photos on the Teddybär Welt 2007 in Wiesbaden.

The admission fee for the first entry is EUR 32,00. Any further application fees are EUR 22,00 each. For hobbyists (according to our definition) the admission fee for the first entry is EUR 27,00. Any further application fees for hobbyists are EUR 17,00 each. The relevant date for being a hobbyist or not is the deadline of this contest. The BärReport reserves its right to check the details. The admission fee is payable when submitting the application.

Deadline for the TED worldwide 2007 is June 30th, 2006. Up to this date all necessary documents must have reached the BärReport office. Since the language of the jury is English we ask that all applications will be filled out in English type-
written or in block letters. Please send your application to

BärReport, TED worldwide,
Venloer Str. 686, 50827 Köln, Germany

The jury will nominate up to three entries per category. However an entry will only be nominated for the award, if it gains at least half of the maximum score. The nominated entries will be featured in issue 4/2006 of the BärReport magazine as well as on the BärReport website. The readers/visitors will be asked to vote for their favorite entries by email, fax or postcard.

All nominees will be contacted personally. Nominees must send in their creations until February 15th, 2007. The nominated creations will be exhibited at the Teddybär Welt show (March 10th and 11th, 2007 at Wiesbaden/Germany). During this event the public will also vote for a TED worldwide special award.

The winners will be honoured at the gala evening during the Teddybär Welt show on March 10th, 2007.

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Hi Jane,

Thank you hon - I feel silly now - I did not even see that there was a Union flag for the English translation on the site.  bear_wacko too funny. must be working too much - can't see what is right in front of me. LOL

hugs kassie

Board footer