Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

sheilaleigh Sheila Leigh
Lincoln, Nebraska

Hi everyone,

I just want to let every one know that I will be having a hysterectomy on thursday morning at 7 a.m.  I have to be at the hospital at 5:20 a.m.  It seems so early for me!  But I should be home by evening. 

I won't be able to use my computer for 2 weeks because it is in the basement.  The doctor told me that I can't use the stairs for 2 weeks.  I will go crazy without my computer.  My daughter will be checking my emails just incase someone needs to reach me.

I'm planning on taking all my bear supplies upstairs so that I can create to my hearts content!!  I hope that I can finish a few bears while I'm recovering.

I'll talk to you as soon as I can,
bear hugs,
Sheila

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Sheila,  bear_flower
Wishing you a speedy recovery and lots of finished bears!!   bear_original  bear_original

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Hope you have a speed recovery! Gezzzz you only have to stay 1 day?
I remember when I was a little girl my mom had to stay for 4 or 5 days.

Have fun creating bears when you feel up to it!  bear_original  bear_original

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

That's a big surgery but it sounds like you're already prepared with lots of attention and TLC awaiting your return home.  I hope it's a quick recovery and that you're back in your basement in no time!

bear_original

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Sheila,
     Best wishes for a really fast recovery.  I hope you will be able to take it easy and don't overdo it making bears.   There will be lots of time to do that when you are on your feet.  Take care and I'll be thinking about you!

Hugs,

Brenda

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

I wish you all the best for your surgery, then your recovery.  Take it easy, take lots of time to play bears.  We'll all miss you but of course we will be here when you return!

Take good care of yourself.
Danni

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Best wishes to you Shelia.  :hug:  You say you will only staying one day...Wow! I was in the hospital for ten days when I had my hysterectomy done. From what you say I'm guessing your operation will be performed using keyhole surgery...am I right? There was no way I could have stayed just one day with having had open surgery!
Good luck with it all Sheila, take care and don't fret too much, we will still be here awaiting your return and waiting to see all the bears that you've managed to make. May I suggest that you get them all cut out and bagged up ready to be sewn, leaning forwards over a cutting table may be a bit sore.

Hugs Jane.  bear_flower

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Oh, sheila, I hope everything will go fine for you!
I am surprised too that you will stay only one day at the hospital...

I wish you all the best.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Wishing you well Sheila! Have a very speedy recovery and let your family wait on you hand and foot!

Many Hugs Louise

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

:hug: Good Luck Sheila, we will be thinking of you, take care, and chat to you when your able to.

Wishing you a speedy recovery :hug:

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Very best wishes for a speedy recovery  bear_flower   bear_flower   bear_flower  I had the operation this past Feb on a Tuesday and got out on Friday. We moved the computer upstairs and I had bears cut out ahead of time that I could sew laying down when I was sore. The hardest part was waiting for the reports to come back bear_sad  Listen to your body and don't overdue it. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions or just want to chat  :hug:   :hug:

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Sheila, speedy recovery and don't overdo it. I hope all goes well and you are back in your basement soon.  :hug:

Chowlea Bears Chowlea Bears

Speedy recovery - can someone loan you a laptop?

Watch you don't overdo it after the surgery.  I understand these things take time.

Sandra  :redface:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

:hug:  :hug: [size=22]Oh Dear Sheila[/size] :hug:  :hug:

Congratulations on your upcoming surgery.

I say that because you must be having problems and like so many of us this is the only fix.

It was the best surgery I ever had and I love my OB/GYN.  I would say the surgery added a good 10 years to my life, and I didn't have any of the odd little problems that some ladies complain of afterwards.

There is a web site

:    http://www.hystersisters.com/

It is very helpful-answers tons of questions-and lets you know you are NOT alone.

Is there no way to have the computer moved upstairs too?  Just a thought.  You may find you miss us too much!

We shall be thinking of you-and adding our prayers for your speedy recovery!

Don't stay gone too long

Think about moving the computer......

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:

bear_original dilu

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Hope your recovery is quick  :hug:  :hug:

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh Sheila!!   You will be in my thoughts for a speedy recovery!!!  (I hear ya on the computer thing!!   :doh:  )

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Sending you well wishes for a speedy recovery.   :hug:   :hug:

Shantell

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Will be thinking of you on Thursday, Sheila!  Hope everything goes well and that you return to us shortly.  Best wishes for a quick recovery - we'll miss you!   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Sheilaleigh, big bear hugs and and wishing you a speedy recovery!  Lots of good thoughts and prayers too. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Celena Oxford

Best wishes on your surgery Sheila  :hug:  and a fast recovery  bear_flower

sheilaleigh Sheila Leigh
Lincoln, Nebraska

I want to Thank every one for such warm thoughts and wishes!  bear_wub  I will be thinking of you all having fun on Teddy Talk.  My daughter will be checking my emails, just in case someone tries write me. 

I will be checking my emails up until Wednesday!  So please email any time!

bear hugs,
Sheila

sheilaleigh Sheila Leigh
Lincoln, Nebraska
Shari wrote:

Very best wishes for a speedy recovery  bear_flower   bear_flower   bear_flower  I had the operation this past Feb on a Tuesday and got out on Friday.   :hug:   :hug:

Hi Shari,

Did you have the adominal incision?  Is that why you had to stay in the hospital 3 days?  I will be having a laproscopic hysterectomy.  They will be making 3 incision on my tummy and then removing my uterus through my birth canal (I didn't want to say the 'V' word).   :crackup:

hugs,
Sheila

sheilaleigh Sheila Leigh
Lincoln, Nebraska

It was the best surgery I ever had and I love my OB/GYN.  I would say the surgery added a good 10 years to my life, and I didn't have any of the odd little problems that some ladies complain of afterwards.

Dilu,

It's comforting to hear that your surgery help you.  This is what I'm hoping for!  I hope this surgery will help me feel better. 

hugs,
Sheila

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

:hug:  :hug: I'll be thinking of you Thursday, Sheila.  Wishing you a super-speedy recovery!! :hug:  :hug:

huggleybear C.W. Huggley Bears
Statham, GA

Good Luck Sheila!  Wishing you a speedy recovery. On the positive side.... you will be recooperating with no other responsiblities than healing and feeling better and....

MAKING BEARS!!!!!!!

Board footer