Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi everyone,
I have a Hotmail account and for the past few days most of my mail has disappeared so if any of you have written to me or wish to write to me please could you use my alternate email address which is:
doodlebears_uk@yahoo.com
I had many pages of emails in the inbox I now have around 30 and nothing new is coming through. I have no idea what to do about this, any suggestions would be very welcome. I have emailed Hotmail but had no response so far. This account is the one that I use for business so it has already lost me sales as I had read but not responded to at least two enquiries about bears. HELP!!!!

Jane

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Ahhh no! You poor thing! I have no idea what to suggest - is there another email address you could use? Perhaps through your ISP?

Danni

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Jane,

Do you have a separate spam-killer installed as part of a security system? It might have held back some of your messages. If so, you can find them in its file of intercepts. McAfee's SpamKiller emptied my mailbox once after it installed an over-enthusiastic update.

Come to think of it though, this wouldn't account for the loss of messages already in your inbox.

Otherwise, I'm stumped! Hotmail has given me trouble from time to time too, but never this kind.

Eileen

sockerplinga Sundsvall
Website

Im sorry to hear! Sounds very strange tho! I have never had problems with Hotmail, and now Im so happy cause the inbox is now 250 MB instead of 2 MB! :D
Hope you can find your emails again!

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

I found them, Yippeee! But wait what have I done...Yes I lost them all...for good this time...I fear I will scream and scream until I'm sick! I had them right there in front of me. As our darling Eileen had said ("Bless you Eileen" )  McAfee's SpamKiller intercepts emails, I didn't know this and as I have just had to re-install my computer, because of a huge problem, I had not reset the spamkiller. It took most of my mails as spam and when I found them I clicked each one to return the to my folder and when I looked they have gone. I cant find them anywhere! Boo Hoo...Oh to have been born in this time where even small kids manage to do better on a computer than I do.:(
Thanks again Eileen you clever girl. :)

Jane

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

I'm glad it worked . . or didn't? :/

Jane, I've disabled my spamkiller. I'd rather delete a little [INVALID] from time to time than lose the good stuff!

Same thing happened to me when I tried to recover some emails--I got a message saying that it couldn't be done, aaargh. But they've got to be somewhere. Let me explore my SpamKiller and see if I can figure it out . . .

McAfee does give good customer service . . . it might be worth getting a phone number from their site and call ing.

Eileen

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Jane

If you open your SpamKiller program and click on Settings, you'll see a section called Advanced Settings, which includes a Backup/Restore option. I got a list of dates, and could either "restore" or "delete" the file for that date. You have to restart your computer before it takes effect.

I hope this brings your lost emails back!

Eileen

Board footer