Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Tell me how many f;'s are in this sentence, just type and let me know.  YOur original count please no cheating.

Count every " F" in the following text:
>>
>>FINISHED FILES ARE THE RE
>>SULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTI
>>FIC STUDY COMBINED WITH
>>THE EXPERIENCE OF
>>YEARS...

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Same as Lisa :). Mmn no : 2 "F" in the first sentence and then 3 ^^. I say 5 :).

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I have counted three. But I dont understand what this is about :doh:  bear_grin

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania
matilda wrote:

I have counted three. But I dont understand what this is about :doh:  :lol:

I see three too... am I missing something???  bear_wacko

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

the first two don't count because they are not in the 'following text'.   Thats how I read it anyway. I'm not known for my great intellect :doh:  bear_grin

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

Bronwen,
To answer your question ... one.
:crackup:
Sandi

huggleybear C.W. Huggley Bears
Statham, GA
Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Six here!

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Oh yes gosh ! Must be 1 ! The question is in "this" sentence, the following text is not the sentence !
Is it that ?

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

5.  Brownen..spill it.  What's the answer? bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

There are six f's!   bear_original  bear_original

Warmest Wednesday hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

There are six letters 'f', but on the first count most of us overlook the 'f' in 'of' and thus count only three. Right Bronwen?

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

ONE - it asks how many are in THIS sentence (doesn't say anything about whether it's in a word, Lisa!) and then leads you on with the text after to distract you and make you think you should count the f's in it!

Bear hugs, Edie

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Well it says "Count every F in the following text:".

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Lisa wrote:

Judi, i have the anwser...it's one of these...

1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 or 7 or 8 or NONE...has to be one of them! :crackup:

Now that's funny.

I agree though, I'm dying to know the answer'

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Lisa - I do follow your reasoning, but I think you are making it too difficult and complex. The text btw is a sentence: 'Finished files are the result of years of scientific study combined with the experience of years.....' Ok, the sentence doesn't end and it doesn't make much sense. I have seen this kind of question before and it was to show how our brain reads over some small words without noticing, which is a lot more interesting than trying to trick people into discussions on what makes a sentence or a word.

BRONWEN relieve us of this pain  :crackup:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Six.

Jennskains Posts: 2,203
Ripley, Queensland

Sorry ladies, I didn't get back on the pc yesterday.  It isn't a trick question.
Now there are 6 f's in the paragraph, sentence of whatever you wish to call it.  bear_tongue

The brain doesn't process the 'f' found in the word 'of' so if you go back and reread it carefully you will spot the missing 'f's'

Well done to those who got it you either have seen it or something similar before or your brains are functioning really well!!!

Ripley, Queensland

And actually the comments this created by mistake is really intresting to see how people work things out and shows how things can easily be misinterpereted because one person sees it totally different to 'the norm'.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

A secret: next time you get a brain teaser like this.... read the sentance/paragraph BACKWARDS and don't look at whole words, just letters.

I got six right off... only because I got this in an email a few weeks back and failed miserably... took me like 5 times to finally find all the F's!  :doh:

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

My brain works best with at least 8 cups of coffee!!  That, and I like word search puzzles....you know the kind with the scrambled up letters where you have to find the words upside down, sideways, forwards and backwards. 

Lisa,  bear_flower
You really tied your brain in a knot over this one.  :crackup: You're funny.  bear_original

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Ripley, Queensland

Aha!! This is a trick question of course you are not part on the norm, for a start you are a teddy bear artist.....
a painter teddy bear artist so you are definately not of the nor.... My parents always said I was an eccentric and they are the masters of understatement.
bear_grin   bear_grin
I always get in trouble as I say something in response to someone and then realise that they didn't even mean what I thought  bear_rolleyes

Board footer