Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Update:

I took the kittens to the vet today for a check up and because they all developed goopy eyes since being in the garage.  Nothing serious...a little antibiotic ointment for a few days and good as new.  Common problem especially with kittens whose mamma is a ferral kitty.

Anyway...they are all VERY healthy and the vet was very impressed at how socialized they are.  She said I did a great job.  Yes, I have a big head!!!

Confirmed we have 3 boys and one girl.  I had to break the news to Aleta that little Annie is not a little Annie afterall.  It took two vets to determine HIS sex.  So...I'm anxious to hear HIS new name.  :)

Right now they are all a little pissed at me...afterall I stuffed them in a crate, took them for a car ride...let some stranger stuff a thermometer in their little hineys, messy goop in their eyes, liquid in their ears and let  them get turned upside down and had their personables prodded...the creme one more than once.  Poor babies...

They'll get over it by tomorrow!!!

But...needless to say I am thrilled that they are all healthy and well socialized and ready to go home on Sunday. 

bear_cry   bear_cry   bear_cry

I've almost convinced myself to keep one.   bear_wub

Furry Hugs,

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

You're such a good mama!!!  bear_flower
Keep one! Keep one!  :pray:   :dance:

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  You did a wonderful job with the kitties!
Glad they are doing so well!

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb Of course the vet was impressed........as she should have been!!  You're a great momma to those babies........are you sure you won't keep just one of them?  Hmmmmmm.......(trying to do some arm twisting here....is it working?....at least a little bit? bear_grin ) bear_whistle  bear_whistle

So, Annie isn't an Annie after all?  Reminds me of a cat I had once....the ex-hubby still has him.  We had gotten this cat from some friends, and he was half grown at the time (but very long haired, so that's my excuse for not noticing any extra parts. bear_grin )  Anyway, they had said he was a girl, and he came with the name Sassy.  I actually checked, and am usually pretty good at telling the difference, but Sassy he remained (and still is...poor guy!).  The kicker came when I had made an appointment to have Sassy spayed.  I happened to see her....him.....cleaning himself the very morning of his appointment, so had to go in to the vet office red faced and request they change that spay to a neuter. :redface:  :redface:

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Crupper Butt?!   bear_shocked  :crackup:  Oh, I shouldn't laugh.  (giggle)

Portland, Oregon
Website

cat-bed.jpgOkay, I've gone completely over the edge (I hear that laughing you guys!) over the kittens.  I went out and bought a yummy leather cat bed with a luxuriously soft animal print cushion.  MEOW!  Got all the kitten goodies too.  Crunchy toys, sparkly balls and catnip mice.  We've got kitten food and a brand new litter box for a wee little thing too.  Now we just need the kitten/s....... bear_original  Shantell did say the little cream puff had a sidekick girlie friend....his partner in crime....so I'm keeping my options open.   bear_happy 

Now don't any of you give Shantell any ideas about keeping any of the kittens!  They may already be spoken for.   bear_tongue   One or two for me.   One or two for Justin and one for Brittany.  There.  All gone kittens.  Boo hoo hoo for Shantell.   bear_sad   Although, if my cats put up a fuss over the new kittens longer than three days, I may be the one boo hoo hooing.

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Willamette Valley Oregon

Awwwwwwww...and I thought I was spoiling them!!!  It is refreshing to  know that I'm not the only NUTJOB out there!!!!

K Pawz Guest

I hear you Shantell....we are actually keeping two from our litter, bringing us up to 9 cats...we are such softies when it comes to them....can't resist....Awesome will power for you to be able to let them all go :clap:  :clap:

Hugs,
Krista

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Next time around, HA, I want to be a kitten adopted by Aleta....

I could be completely spoiled and live amongst beautiful furnishing and antiques and teddies...

Wouldn't it be fun to burrow down inside a big pile of teddies and curl up and go to sleep

all warm and safe

I could handle that.....

being so completely spoiled.

What?

Hmmmmm......the hubster says I already am....but....

Willamette Valley Oregon

Oooooh....Dilu.....I think you are on to something.  Maybe if I'm really sweet and nice she'll adopt me too.  OR...maybe I'll just hide in her car tomorrow and she won't know until she gets back home and then will HAVE TO KEEP ME.  I could be the kitten nanny...I have experience.   bear_grin

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Shantell  maybe we could both get adopted and we would be ever so good.....I already know how to purr!

:crackup:

Portland, Oregon
Website

Today's the day, Shantell!!   bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  We'll be off to your house in just a few hours.  I'm so excited!!

Aleta

P.S.  Dilu, Shantell, Renae - You know you girls are welcome at my home anytime.   bear_original

Willamette Valley Oregon

bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry
bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry 
bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry      bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry      bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry
bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry      bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry
                                      bear_wub   bear_wub   bear_wub

Portland, Oregon
Website

Awww.   bear_sad Please don't cry.  If you cry then I'll cry and if I cry then Brittany will cry.  And the guys will think we've lost our minds.  Well, okay.  My son already thinks I lost my mind years ago.   bear_happy

I promise, you can come visit my kitten/s any time you want.  Every time you come to Portland for your eye check-ups you can come for lunch and visit the little fur ball.  How 'bout that?   bear_flower  bear_flower

Aleta

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

This is exciting.
I love getting new kitties

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Shantell,
     I've barely had time to check TT all week - hubby has been home on holidays.  I can't wait to see pictures of everyone and the kittens.  I know you will be sad but at least they will all be going on their adventure together.  Think how sad Skippy will be.  Do you know if she is expecting again?  At least you would have more to look forward to!

Hugs,

Brenda

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Oh man, now I am feeling like I am absolutely abusing poor little MAX.... Maxie is sleeping in a banker's box with the shirt I was wearing when I was at the shelter (I held his Mom for a little bit and thought he might still ike to smell his Mamma!) Max's cardboard box is NOTHING compared to that beautiful, lux kitten nest of yours Aleta!  I covered Max's little eyes when I scrolled through the pics so he wouldn't know what he is missing!  bear_wacko

Seriously, that is adorable!  The lady who found my Max's mom fostered the kitties and the stray Mom for two weeks before bringing them all into the APL..... she actually asked the APL to give the adoptive families her phone number.  I called, of course, and she is ever so delighted that at least one of her wee babes is already in a happy forever home!  Shantell.... you are an angel for taking care of those itty bitties!!!!   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  And for finding them a wonderful place to live!

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Portland, Oregon
Website

Hey!!!  I named my little guy Max too!!!!  :crackup:

We did, indeed, adopt all of Shantell's kittens.  Justin, Brittany, Jeremy (Brittany's fiancee) and I all piled in my car with our big cat carrier in the trunk and away we went.  Shantell lives south and east from me....about a little over an hours drive away.  She lives in the country, down a long gravel road with a wonderful little country bridge over a pretty stream.  It was just beautiful!! 

I have to tell you all what a gem of a person Shantell is.  Honestly, she's just as lovely in person as she is here on TT.  Dummy me didn't even think to get a picture of the two of us.  Go ahead and hand me the idiot stick!  I wish I had more time to spend getting to visit with her though.  I did get to see one of her bears, Tea, in the fur.  Just the sweetest bear, I have to say.  Pictures simply do not do justice!   I also got to see one of Daphne's bears and one of Millie's bears too.  I love looking at other artists bears.  It's one thing to see them in pictures.  It's another thing altogether to see them in the fur!!

Anyway, all the kittens are doing wonderfully well in their new homes already.  As I thought though, Gracie is not too happy with this new little ball of fur.  Walker, however, seems very interested in Max and just sits outside the french doors with his face practically pressed against the glass.  Walker has even come into the office and taken a little sniff around.  I'm sure all of them will be racing around here before too long!

Aleta

P.S.  I'll post pictures a little later today.   bear_original  bear_original  bear_original

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Aleta,
     How many did you keep - just Max?  I'm sure Walker will be fine with him.  When we babysat my sister's Birman, he waltzed in and was ready to love all three of mine, immediately.  He bonded with Thumper right away and they had a great time.  I'll bet Walker will be babysitting Max before you know it.  Is Walker a male?  Gracie may be a little trickier - the females are much more put out with new arrivals.  Never mind, Max and Walker can gang up on her!  Can't wait to see your pictures.

hugs,

Brenda

Portland, Oregon
Website

Hi Brenda,  bear_flower
I just kept one....little Max.  Brittany and Jeremy have one....King Oscar....he's the smallest of the litter.  They thought he needed a big name to make up for his little size.   bear_happy Justin took two kittens home.  One boy and one girl.  He's named the boy Ger (Grrr) but hasn't picked out a name for the little girl yet.  So for now it's Ger and Girlie. 

I called them both this morning to see how the kittens did overnight.  I'm such a mother hen!  They're all just fine.  Brittany doesn't know how she's going to get through the day though.  Luckily she has a busy day in court so the day will pass quickly.

Aleta

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Oh Aleta... I can't wait to see a pic of YOUR Max!!!!!   :photo:  :pray:

Shantell your place sounds so lovely!!!!!  I love to be near running water... makes me calm!

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Willamette Valley Oregon

Awww...what lovely things to say about me...I'm really just an overgrown childlike spaz.  Well...I'm sure you all figured that out a long time ago.   :crackup:

Aleta...you make my home sound so picturesque...it's really just a big ol' field full of cows (that weren't here), skunks (which left a lovely aroma for my guests to enjoy earlier in the morning), the long gravel driveway keeps my car either muddy or dusty...both right now, and my poor yard has been neglected since the birth of four darling furballs...NO flowers which is very unusual for me...since I LOVE THEM.    But it's HOME...and I love it.

It was an absolute delight to have you here and I agree we just didn't have enough time.   Kittens sorta took over!!!!  As far as the idiot stick..we'll have to fight over it because I thought of it about 1/2 hour after you left when I saw mine sitting on the shelf.  Oh well...there  will be another time I'm sure.  After all, I have to come visit the babies sometime.  :)

Hugs to you...

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Shantell,

It sounds like you were a great mom!

Aleta,

It sounds like they're gone from one great home to another!

Board footer