Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Didn't know what to call this post, but....has anyone noticed how many Kim's and Tammy's we have here?  Anyone done a poll on the groups most popular name?  lol...sounds weird as I write this and wonder if I should but hasn't any one else thought of it before lol Let me know I'm not crazy lol  bear_whistle
xox Sarah

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

You are right! I've only ever known (apart from here) one Tammy and one Kim. Tammy seems to be a popular American name. Thats another thing different countries have different popular names. Here its names like Jack and Chloe. In the late sixties (me  bear_tongue ) children were called Deborah, Sharon, Tracy, Steven, Paul.

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

I was thinking the same thing too.  I dind't think Tammy was a popular name but know there are 3 of us here.   And all the Kim's too.  I see another Dani just joined also. It's getting confusing  confused-smiley-014.gif .  Yikes.  Oh well, the more the merrier.  action-smiley-066.gif

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Ah... but what are the chances of another Daphne joining????  bear_grin  bear_innocent
There actually is or was another Daphne making teddy bears... I think she did fairys too.... don't remember! I just did a quick google search and didn't find her. That was 4-5 years ago.

Thank goodness for the avatars so we can tell everyone apart!!!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Lisa,  you are too funny

I started counting the Kimberleys and got up to 4 and then another Kim joined......and I was running out of fingers and still be able to type so I gave up......

Why don't you do it....

:crackup:

but perhaps more importantly, as I think about it, the personalities of each and everyone in this international teddybear club, are unique and precious and special

bear_wub  bear_wub

Just like the bears

:hug:  bear_wub  :hug:

And ,of course, your special l'il twins

bear_flower   bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

ahh  but ELIZA VICTORIA is truly a name to be proud of

A long Regal history

besides it rolls "trippingly off the tongue"

it is a lovely name

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Clare and Claire are popular names on the forum too.
But so far, I have not seen any other Sophie, he he he!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I don't think Shantell is too popular either unless you're under about 10 yrs old.   bear_grin   We do have a Chantal...I've always loved that spelling...what was my mother thinking?!

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Yes Tammy is a common name, my mom spelled it Tami so I would be different.
LOL  bear_original

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

I was thinking the same thing Sarah.

I think I am the only Judi.  My name was common in the 60's but you never hear of anyone calling thier children Judith anymore.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Lisa wrote:

Judi, my sister in law's name is Judith, but shortened Judy with a 'y'..or we just call her Jude..although she was born around the mid 50's..think it was popular then too...after that famous singer..forget her surname though!

Judy Garland?

sewzanne Raccoon Creek Bears
New Jersey

Daphne--- When I was in college and used to go out clubbing with a friend, we wanted to use different, more exotic names than our own names, but still wanted them to be believable,real names. She became "Penny" and I was "Daphne" . We picked them from Saturday cartoons- the Daphne is obvious, but Penny was  from Penelope Pitstop- Wacky Racers was the show I think- It is great to finally "know" both a Penny and a Daphne in real life, especially since we had such a good time being you two!
   Suzanne

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

What an interesting thread! I was born in 1968, and my name is pretty common: Debora. My mom picked it out of a baby book; it was listed as the English spelling of the biblical name Deborah--just drop the "h"! And no one can seem to spell it.  bear_noexpression

My dad always jokes that he wanted to name me Marcia...Marcia Mellow...yes, that's a play on marshmallow. Silly ol' Dad!  bear_laugh

Debora

toadbriar ToadBriar
western massachusetts

hee. the internet is truly overrun with Kims. There's
a horde of us on the other internet forum I visit daily, too.
It's funny there's the abundance of Tammys here too -
my sister's name is Tami!

so you see why I don't mind if you do call me 'toadbriar' -
at least then I'll know for sure you're really talking to ME!  bear_grin

Australia

hehe.  Glad I wasn't alone in my deductions lol.
I've known around 4 Tammy's before bear making, never ever a Kim tho.  SO  does that mean that if we want our daughters to becoem bear makers we name them Kimberly lol
Popular names in my year were Michelle, Rachel and Nicole.  Always heaps of them at school.  And as a Sarah I was never ever alone  bear_tongue
xo Sarah

Australia
sewzanne wrote:

Daphne--- When I was in college and used to go out clubbing with a friend, we wanted to use different, more exotic names than our own names, but still wanted them to be believable,real names. She became "Penny" and I was "Daphne" . We picked them from Saturday cartoons- the Daphne is obvious, but Penny was  from Penelope Pitstop- Wacky Racers was the show I think- It is great to finally "know" both a Penny and a Daphne in real life, especially since we had such a good time being you two!
   Suzanne

Oh my gosh I remember Penelope Pitstop lol.  Always being tied to the train tracks lol
xo Sarah

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

There are a lot of us Kims on here LOL...

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA
sewzanne wrote:

Suzanne

That is too funny!!!

And here I wanted an ordinary name. I wanted to be Deborah (with the H)! When I got married I kept my middle name...Ellen... so my initials are D.E.B.   Aren't I clever!  :crackup:

In the early 70's the popular names here were Sue, Tammy, Kim, Jennifer, Julie, Sarah, Mike, Matt and Chris.

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

Renae
Your right there's no many spelt that way. I named my youngest daughter Tremayne Renee. The Renee was after my mum who was Irene but called Rene.
Sarah
I think there are a couple of Sandi's here. I noticed Sandi S, which is funny because my surname also begins with S.
:hug:
Sandi

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Well I am a Lynette, but only called that at home, when I am in the dogbox !!!!!!!!! otherwise it is Lyn.  My other name is TICKLES, which my nieces gave me as when they were little they would tickle their faces with my long hair.

Fred-i- for the bears, is a long story, partly because of Fred now living in NZ, and then my grandfather was a Fred. If I had known when I first started out that bears were going to become so much a part of my life, I would have used my maiden name which was QUIRK, and called my bears QUIRK-I- bears,- maybe I must still try and include this into the fred-i-bears.
My son in law calls me PICKLES !!!!! no wonder I am so confused !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynette

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

If I do a search of 'Heather Wing' I guess there is as famous swimmer with that name. Wish I could clame that fame! LOL

My dad wanted to name me either Gertrude or Mildred. No joke.

Thank goodness for my mom........................................

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

My name is one of the most common in my age group ('60s) in Germany, but here I haven't seen another Sabine. Not among the frequent talkers anyway. From constantly getting confused with others (sometimes with the equally common Susannes too  :doh: ) I am now almost unique  bear_rolleyes  bear_laugh

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

I was christened Michilinda Cheraz. That's "mykalinda sheray," not "mishalinda chur-az." I was named for a street sign in southern California. It was between my parents' houses when they were dating, and they thought it was pretty. I grew up recognizing that the ... pause ... in any list of names read by a teacher or nurse meant me. When I went to college, they were shocked to find that I was not Mexican -- despite having a picture of my blonde self. I didn't have a middle name, which further confused people in official positions and made it hard to get trendy monograms when preppiness was in during the '80s.

To make matters worse, my nickname, also chosen by my mother, is Mindy. As a kid,  "Mork & Mindy" on TV made my life h@ll for several years. Then in college, there were FOUR of us Mindys--in a student body of only 400. When I got married, I became Mindy Kinsey, which basically sounds like a six-year-old member of the Mickey Mouse Club. I thought, at least "Kinsey" is easy to spell and pronounce. But alas, I've collected a rather long list of ways people have managed to get it wrong.

I really don't like my name.

So my child is named John James, after my brother and my husband's sister (Jami). He's called Jack because we didn't want to confuse him with John or Jami, and because my husband is a Civil War buff who wanted to call him Jackson Lee (but since I grew up with a bad name story, I wouldn't let him).

Cheers!
M...

LISA wins in my book:

Aubrianne- I said it out loud a few times and everyone here thought I was nuts.....but it's just the 2 cats and the bird so it doesn't matter....I wanted to hear it.

It is a truly beautiful name.

Erin said

I don' think there are any other Erin's here....It means Ireland - so I have a good excuse to love beer.

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

My husband said it sounded like a good excuse to him so he's going to use it too.  He got up last night and said, "Hey her name's Erin- good reason for a beer!" bear_wacko

but he had a German beer not Irish.....

Board footer