Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yes, to whomever of you (can't remember; lucky you) said me and Dilu run neck-and-neck in the "who will overload the forum with lengthy posts" competition... I have, on rare occasion, and in times past, been known to write posts so long that they cut off mid-novella and must be continued in a second thread... or a third.

Having said that, be it officially and hereby known that I CAN write short posts.

Check it out.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Hi.

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

ROFLMAO Hahahahahahhahaa  You are too funny :lol::lol::lol:

I still think you should win the competition for long posts.  I would probably win the competition for short posts.  What can I say? I am an aussie.  We are really straight to the point... bear_rolleyes

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Spot on!  Crikey!  Good on ya!

I like it!  Shelli = Miss Brevity.  Just you watch and see.

(Giggling)

Australia

ooh somehow I don't believe it!
:P
Danni

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

120_2057.JPGAnd my response to that is...

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Shelli...we love your long posts...reallly we do....they are coffee time posts! Oooh..here's one from Shelli...time to grab a cuppa!:lol: And in fact it was Moi who said about the longs posts...but it wasn't in reference to filling up the forum space....just that I know you have been cut off mid post on the Edinburgh site...but not so on here...so either you don't talk as much as you used to.;)...or they don't have a limit here! bear_grin Something tells me that it will be either you or our Dilu, who proves that true or false...one day....:P
BTW...for those single finger typists like myself who wonder HOW Shelli does it...I'll tell you a secret. Shelli types an incredulous number of words per minute.....hmmm, can't quite remember HOW many....but I'm sure Shelli will tell us!:P (tongue firmly planted in cheek;))

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Last time I had an "official" typing test was in high school (back sometime around 1981, sophomore year <gulp>)  At that time I tested at 92 wpm, which is a net calculation that includes deductions for errors from the overall typing speed.  Yes, I'm bragging.  bear_laugh

I spent ten years playing the piano in my elementary and early high school years, too, so I guess I just got lucky on the fine-motor-skill thang.  I have long fingers that work well independently.  Especially my middle one, so be nice.

(Totally kidding, of course.  Sorta.)

bear_laugh:D:D

Australia

Hah! Now now Miss Shelli...you keep those nimble fingers to yourself! Last official typing test I had was in year 9...shortly after that, I gave it up....but I think it was 16 WPM! Mind you...that was my first and only year of typeing. I really should learn properly...then I'd spend less time at the puter.Now all I need is some spare time.
Okay...I'm OUTA here...this isn't getting a nose on my bear! I guess I needed to spend some time here...TT withdrawal.
But 2 and a half hours is getting a bit ridiculous.
Sweet friendly luv ya hugs to you Shell;) for being a good sport.:D

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Hugs right back atcha, every one. bear_original

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

I love to read Shelli's long post or Dilu's long post with funny songs. :D

Hayley, don't worry ! I am 36 now and can type only around 40wpm
, maybe I can do max of 60wpm with allots of mistake.... he he :lol:

Hugs/Marie

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

What I want to know Shelli is , who is that cutie in the photograph? OOOOOOW I just want to give him/ her a big hug!

Jane

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Same here.  Who is that precious baby?

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Hi Shelli,
                 I love your long posts, they've become part of my recuperation you know, I am not doing anything apart from reading all the post without feeling guilty. Keep up the good work Shelli, we love you to bits and your posts too.

Hugs Rita xxxxx

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Hey you guys....I hear my name being used in jest!

But I had to change first, before replying.  Love the baby-that cute little face says it all

I can match you letter for letter Shell-  I loved it when computers came into being-home-because it is so much easier to type faster.

I only use 6 fingers.  I don't use the thumbs or little fingers at all and still I type a million words a min.  (don't think of this statement as a lie, consider it hyperbole.)

I do when I play piano tho.  hmmmmmm I am sure it means something aberrant about my psyche.

I always figured the fast typing was do to the fast piano playing-your brain gets used to doing something at a certain speed.

So I type almost as fast as I think.  Piano goes faster, because the language is totaly different and you must practice passages to get them up to speed....but when you are playing you don't even have to think.

Maybe thats why I like piano.....don't know

do know I love the baby

and everyone else here

(can they really cut us off mid chapter, Shelli?)   oooh my goodness!

Dillydallywonkywoo bear_rolleyes

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Shelli and Dilu, Your posts ARE NOT LONG ENOUGH!!!!! I love reading what both of you have to say. It is always worthy of info, excitement and always a chukle. Please dont shorten your posts,:( I will quit comming here if you do!) :lol::P Seriously girls, without the 2 of you my heart would be in search of all that great info smewhere else. I LOVE IT!!

Hugs Louise

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Shoot, I love reading posts . . . long or short!  Everyone here has good stuff to say whether it be in long or short hand!  So keep 'um coming, kids . . . this message board wouldn't be the same if ANYBODY dropped out! bear_sad bear_sad
Also, that baby photo is delicious!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

You guys are cute.  Sorry to say I have no idea who that cutie pie is.  I did a GOOGLE search when I needed just the "right" photo to express my response to Danni's doubting-Thomas words.  bear_happy  I think I searched for "stick out tongue", or some such thing.  Then just downloaded the pic to my hard drive and uploaded it here.  (Thanks, Intercal, for allowing me to express myself with .jpg's!)

I won't stop writing long posts because I can't.  I'm a windbag.  What can I say? :P:lol::rolleyes::D:)  Oh, and I won't ever drop out.  I'm no quitter.  I'll just secretly use those nimble fingers of mine, hiding here behind my computer monitor --well, ONE of those fingers, anyway -- on you gripers, if I hear any more complaints.  Giggles here...

bear_laugh:D:D

Australia

Hey...who's complaining??? Just slip their name to me quietly Shelli..and I'll deal with them!:lol:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Hey, if you guys want to see some of my longest posts ever, check out my CHARITY RECOMMENDATIONS at the TEDDIES 4 CHARITY page (NCTB forum).

http://www.northcountryteddybears.com/p … c.php?t=94

Although, in this case, I think the windbagginess was merited. bear_happy

Australia

Well I'm glad you won't be changing!  I knew it all along though - I love your long posts... but you are what you are Shelli - and that's a Chatterbox LOL Wouldn't change  a single hair on your head.....

Oh, and I won't ever drop out.  I'm no quitter.

THANKS SHELLI!  You've really done it this time!! Now Shania Twain's song is going to be stuck in my head all day!  Probably all week LOL

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Oh, Shelli, plethora of knowledge and words, don't ever stop sharing with us!!!

Dilu's posts may be long but have you ever noticed that she double spaces between lines? Hmmmmm..... so perhaps her's aren't as long as Shelli's after all!

Though I must say Dilu puts a lot of wisdom into her words so her posts carry just as much substance.
You both make this board what it is, give it personality. OK, we ALL make this board what it is so whether we use 6 fingers, 10 or 2 and whether we're pianists and can therefor type a million words per minute or only 5 (with mistakes) we all add so much to this board and therefore to eachother's live.

OK, enough of the sentimental crap!

Everybody hold up a hand (here it doesn't matter if you have long nimble fingers or short stubby ones!!!). Stick out your thumb, index finger and pinky finger.....

I LOVE YOU, TOO!!! :):):)

Hugs, Daphne

Kirsten So. Cal.
Website

Shelli has too much time on her hands! bear_tongue

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Lisa- its perfect!  Good for you!  Twin Cubs it is!

Shelli-  we have seen your pictures-you are most assuredly not a windbag!  Not even close~!

awwww shoot Daphne- you found me out!....quess Shelli really is the windbag.....but she's still pretty darn cute!

Gotta go to bed.....too long a day!

Gollygeecuddelykins to all of you

Dilu

Board footer