Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Pages:
Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Here's something I hope will make people think...really think.....

What is success:

"Success is not being better than anyone else but rather being better than I used to be."

Dr.Wayne Dyer.

If everyone lived by this thought then I believe there would be less comparisons, less jealously, less drama, and less hard feelings within the bear artist community (or in any aspect of life).

I also hope that everyone realizes how unique we are as human beings and that these beautiful qualities will show in our own special ways.

Be proud that you are one-of-a-kind.

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Great sentiment Judi.  bear_thumb

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

MMMMmmm definitely thought provoking Judi!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never wanted to be anybody else nor have I wanted to be better than anybody else.
I have only ever wanted to be ME.  It was the same when I was a child.
Wendy bear_flower

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
matilda wrote:

I have never wanted to be anybody else nor have I wanted to be better than anybody else.
I have only ever wanted to be ME.

aaahhh and it shows :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :hug:

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

:redface:  :redface:  :redface: awe shucks

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
Lisa wrote:

I'm a true believer in everyone striving for success, EVERYONE deserves it, it's obtainable in EVERYTHING one does......
........so keep striving and never fall down...pick yourself back up again, as it's only those that are trying to hurt you are the one's that have no idea what true success truly is 'IT'S WITHIN YOU' not what you create!! That's my opinion on Success anyway!...

Well put, Lisa. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

I don't know why people measure themselves by how well others do..I can only think it's a bit like the Olympics..in that it's the winning that is the goal..and the sense that you are the best because you ran faster, jumped further and tried harder than anyone else.

From one aspect I do see others in a competitive light...because that's what being in business is all about and it doesn't make me a jealous person...because I know in my heart that I have a long way to go creatively...but I do think that the achievements of others are a yardstick by which to measure my own achievements..and I know I still have miles to go. From a creative point of view I feel that success comes from the effort I put into something..and the sense of achievement I get from doing what I set out to do.

Competition is healthy..and keeps us on our toes...I am always thinking of the next thing and the next challenge..and it's that pursuit that brings success hopefully.

Those who feel that their ability to succeed largely depends upon the failure of competitors are barking up the wrong tree...just because it's so very wrong to spend so long being bitter and twisted about someone elses work that it stops them from doing their own....

knuffelbear Claudia's Knuffelbaeren
Heinsberg

Great words Judi! And the only truth!

I am what I am and who I am!
I never wanted to be another one or wanted to be like others....

Those, who don't accept me, like I am, are not worth my friendship, because they are no real friends!
( Please excuse my terrible english - hope, you understand what I want to say... )

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Jusi those are wonderful words to live by.  It is so easy to get caught in the trap of basing our success by comparing ourselves to others.   Thanks for sharing !

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Success is crossing the finish line in a race,the crowd cheering you on, and you have a stupid grin on your face- but you DID it,even if you near the end of the runners coming in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynette

Chowlea Bears Chowlea Bears

Success is .............................feeling great when you've achieved/mastered  something you never thought you could - irrespective of anyone else...................Does  everyone remember learning to ride a bike?  You struggle and struggle and struggle and then suddenly - off you go.  Bit like life in general eh.......getting up after you fall on the floor. 

Just my two penneth worth.

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

SUCCESS IS..................never having to clean your own house cos you can afford to pay someone else to do it
:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Yeah i know, you're all thinking 'what a spiritual deep thinking person PenPen is'
bear_tongue  bear_whistle

nettie scotland
Website

I think success is avoiding regrets at every opportunity!!!
Diane xx

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Great words to live by guys.  I also wanted to add another saying that I really like:

Success is a journey not a destination.

I am blue today.  Very blue.   Nobody here has hurt me, so we're all good.  EVERYONE.

No cans of worms will be opened so I thank you for just being here.  Nothing more. bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Sorry you are feeling so blue Judi. sad-smiley-065.gif  Some days are like that , but I hope it passes soon.   When all else fails, hug your teddy !  :grouphug:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
Chowlea Bears wrote:

Success is .............................feeling great when you've achieved/mastered  something you never thought you could - irrespective of anyone else...................Does  everyone remember learning to ride a bike?  You struggle and struggle and struggle and then suddenly - off you go.  Bit like life in general eh.......getting up after you fall on the floor. 

Just my two penneth worth.

..and wonderfully perfect "two cents" they are too.   bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
Tammy wrote:

Sorry you are feeling so blue Judi.

Awe Thank you.  I am fine really.  :hug: My feelings get hurt very easily.

You know sometimes when you think you are doing/saying something to someone because you care about them very much and want to avoid seeing anyone get hurt...but then it is taken the wrong way and hurled back with unkindness?  I try the be supportive and kind to everyone with nothing but the best of intentions.  I would really like to leave it at that.   :thumbsup:

Oh, and remember...I actually feel great now that I bought a bear today!!!! 

Now I am going to try and get Diane's  cutie on ebay bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin I should have just used buy-it-now :doh:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
gotobedbears wrote:

SUCCESS IS..................never having to clean your own house cos you can afford to pay someone else to do it
:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh
Actually Pen, I thought you were going to write it is a date with George!

Oh yeah...you already had one on the cruise!!! :dance:

Mitch2052 Blue Valley Bears
Website

Dear Judi,
So sorry you are feeling blue for some reason and I hope this passes quickly. Turn your face into the sunshine and you won't see the shadows.
BIG HUGS :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Susan

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Beautiful saying Susan. bear_original   

....and the sun always shines behind the clouds. bear_thumb

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

Judi - so sorry you feel blue - all I can do is send some virtual hugs to you
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Virtual hugs are just as good...just not as squishy ..but I'll take them anytime. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

I love this place.

I'm off for a walk and to breath the fresh country air..looks like it may rain tonight.

Mitch2052 Blue Valley Bears
Website

Melanie said
what a lovely saying I have never heard this one before, can I use it?

Melanie, I saw this quote in a little book once and thought it is so nice and lovely to share.
bear_flower
Cheers Susan

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Thanks for sharing that, Judi.   bear_original

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_sad I'm sorry you've been feeling blue, Judi--

Part of the problem  is  that people don't think--they react without really listening to your words or  considering your intentions or their memory of your character, and kapow/blooie/Armageddon bear_shocked

My British  Hubs calls it a case of 'someone grabbing onto the wrong end of the stick and beating you with it' bear_original That's exactly what it feels like, anyway!

Dr. Wayne is right. Competition with yourself is the only kind that's truly satisfying, and though the work and success of others can be inspiring and motivating, it's not the most accurate measure of our own success.

There are those who equate  success with sales, or fame, or some combination of the two. Maybe, but so far as I can see, the long-lasting version of this kind of success comes to those who peristed in developing their own visions.

Pages:

Board footer