Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

If you're ever feeling blue just buy a bear... it does wonders!!! bear_thumb

I just bought a bear who looks so helpless and old and who needs to be hugged and loved.......

Gosh, I am seeing more and more of these wonderful types of bears...I am going to go broke!

My husband can't understand why I want to buy any bears when I make them ... but I just love bears that look weathered and aged and I don't make mine like that.

I also tell my hubby that buying a bear is like drinking a cup of tea that someone else made...it just tastes better when someone else makes it for you.  Why is that?

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I agree...and I am going to go broke in the process...and you know what...I DON'T CARE!!!

When whatever it is you enjoy and it comes from someone else it's because you feel the love that went into it.  You can only feel love when it's shared!!!  Or something like that... bear_wub

knuffelbear Claudia's Knuffelbaeren
Heinsberg

I agree with you too Judi!  I also love buying bears who are different to mine. But most important is, when I look in their faces and they talk zo me!  bear_wub

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Yep, I agree - I love getting a new bear, although I don't do it often.  It tends to go everywhere with me for a while - can't get enough of it.  It's the best cure for a bad day that I know!

hugs,

Brenda

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

I too am drawn to bears unlike my own (the beauty of this being that each artist is so unique in their work we never run out of bears to add to our collections bear_grin  bear_grin ).........just purchased another from the Lemonaide Bears Benefit.  I love, love, love Gabriel.......thanks Krista!! :hug:   My hubby must be getting used to it.  He just said, "I see you bought another bear."  That was it!! :dance:  :dance: I really must continue in this way.......it works for me! :crackup:

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

I love bears!! Now that I am starting to make them I know how much work they are!  Has anyone ever stopped to "listen" to an old bear? What stories they could tell! bear_grin

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Buying bears are great!

It's wonderful to appreciate another's art. Just 'cause someone paints, doesn't mean that they won't buy a painting.

It's great to see bears that are soo different from our own, plus that way, I always have some bears in my studio. I need them in there for the good karma!

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

I agree!  Of course, some of us can't make bears so we have to buy them or we wouldn't have any.   bear_original   I wish I could get a new bear everyday!   bear_grin

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Retail therapy hehe.  So glad your bear made you feel better hon  bear_thumb  Not only bears but sometimes I just need to buy something!!!!  Thank god for online retail therapy lol
xo Sarah

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

When I am blue, I do spend money (poor hubby) but it can be as little as going to Joanne's or Michaels and getting a spool or two of ribbon bear_original  I love love love buying bears but I don't have the money to buy some of the ones I want  bear_ermm  and if I would buy them, I would be broke and be blue about something else LOL

heartsez Hearts Ease Bears
Fairfax,Vermont

i agree ..the well loved older look is a hook for me every time! i was refering to the bears but come to think of it applies to the hubby to!! Just wanted evryone to know that our son came home safe from Iraq last night!!! couldnt get enough of his baby son! he looks a bit like a deer in headlights..and tired but hes HOME and safe at last ! thank you all for your thoughts and prayers earlier when i posted!!  deb

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Glad he is home and safe and sound, deb  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
heartsez wrote:

Just wanted evryone to know that our son came home safe from Iraq last night!!! couldnt get enough of his baby son! he looks a bit like a deer in headlights.

Thank goodenss for that Deb!!! :dance:  :hug:  bear_wub

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Yay...wonderful news.  One of the two youngmen who were killed the past few days in Iraq is from my mom's hometown of Madras...very small town in Central Oregon.  I was watching the news, feeling very sad because I spent my childhood summers in that community and wondered if I knew the parents from my childhood.  Next thing I knew they were interviewing MY COUSIN!!!  I almost fell out of my chair.

So glad your story ends with his return...congratulations!!!

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

Deb, I am so relieved for you and your family to have you son safely home.

Hugs
Catherine
x

Fairfax,Vermont

Thank you all.and shantell i can relate to what you said,,hope no one you know was killed..Task Force Sabre from here in Vt ( dereks unit ) lost 6 members during their deployment..and all they said when they came back was how devastated they were they didnt ALL make it home, i watched one young man just enjoy being rained on..he actually was leaning back savoring the feel of it,,its 135 degrees in Iraq right now..and we've been complaining about the excess rain we've received..made me think of what we take for granted,,BEARS FOR EVERYONE!!!   hugs to all deb

Dilu Posts: 8,574

DEB said

Just wanted evryone to know that our son came home safe from Iraq last night!!!

That is fantastic news....I am so grateful to all the angels in heaven for your son's safe return.  We lost an Oregon boy, and it is hurting everyone.  Please remember his family in your joyful prayers

JUDIKINS

while I rejoice with you that you have a new bear to love I do have a question:

[size=20]P[/size] [size=22] I [/size] [size=20]C[/size]  [size=22]T[/size][size=20] U[/size] [size=20]R[/size][size=20]E[/size] [size=22]S[/size][size=20]?[/size][size=22]?[/size]

?

?

Fairfax,Vermont

Absolutely we keep all the boys still there and the ones who were hurt or lost in our prayers! I only wish they had all been as lucky as some of us. deb

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Deb, A young mad who had recently graduated from our Luxmeburg High School was killed in Iraq.  His marine uniform is now respectfully and beautifully displayed in a glass case in the High School Lobby.

Every day it seems we hear of more and more children loosing thier fathers or mothers, and wives becoming such young widows.

You know, when you hear things like this it makes all other problems seem so trivial.

Yes, Dilu, I will get a photo.  She is s cute little bear.

Fairfax,Vermont

Judi wouldnt it be nice if our memorials and legacies to these brave young people would prevent the deaths of more of them? not to mention the horrible wounding some of them endure..enough of this ..but the reason we all love bears is their innocence and comfort..no wonder the ww1 soldiers used to carry small pocket sized bears! a friend indeed!   joy to you all..deb

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Deb, I'm so glad your son is home safe!  Give him a big hug.

Board footer