Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

To all TTers in UK & Ireland...just read this story & since I know how important chocolate is to ALL TTers...just wanted to make sure you saw this one.

Cadbury recalls over 1 mln chocolate bars

Fri Jun 23, 11:13 AM ET

LONDON (Reuters) - Cadbury Schweppes Plc said on Friday it had recalled over 1 million chocolate bars in the UK and Irish markets in a precautionary move, because they could contain minute traces of salmonella.

"There are minute traces of salmonella, which are significantly below those (levels) which scientific standards say present any hazard," a spokeswoman for the world's biggest confectionery group said.

"There's no connection between our product and anybody becoming ill from it," she added.

The company said it had identified the source of the problem and rectified it and was taking steps to ensure these products are no longer available for sale.

The precautionary recall involves seven products -- 250 gram bars of Dairy Milk Turkish, Dairy Milk Caramel and Dairy Milk Mint; Dairy Milk 8 chunk; 1 kilogram bars of Dairy Milk: Diary Milk Button Easter Eggs (105 grams); and Cadbury Freddo 10p.

"We've been making chocolate for over 100 years, and quality has always come first," UK Managing Director Simon Baldry said in a statement.

"We've taken this precautionary step because our consumers are our highest priority. We apologize for any inconvenience caused," Baldry added.

The company said the decision to recall the chocolate bars had been made in consultation with the Food Standards Agency.

Shares in Cadbury were down 0.5 percent at 519 pence at 1450 GMT.

Adkins, Texas

I know Erin...it freaked me out to think of all our TT chocolate lover friends in UK & Ireland....we gotta keep them safe!
Hugs,

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

Just glad it isn't here in OZ.
But I'd be safe anyway...I only buy the

biggest size

!
Stuffed_bear.gif
Big hugs,
Sandi

Adkins, Texas

I happen to have 2 giant size bars of Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate in my frig right now...anyone wanna share with me?
Hugs,

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Charlotte, you sweetie - thank you for jogging my memory.  We bought a bunch of Hershey bars at the Hershey factory a few weeks ago, and I put two of them away - I FORGOT ABOUT THEM!!!   When I read your message, I remembered  them, safely tucked in the cupboard.  The kettle is now on and I'm going to enjoy one of them LOL  THANKS!

hugs,

Brenda

Adkins, Texas

Ohhhhh ahhhh Brenda...enjoy!!!!Glad I reminded ya!!!yummmmmmmy medicine for the body heart & soul!
Hugs,

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

Oh no, no, no sweet Charlotte,
I only like MILK chocolate...I need sweetening you see!
Stuffed_bear.gif
Big hugs,
Sandi

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

I'll take my chances! I've noticed they are doing 250g bars now. I love the mint Dairy milk one, I like those Mingles too, lots of minty choccies. I am also partial to Nestle Wonks bars and Toblerone....

Board footer