Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

kerrenmorris K M Bears
UK
Website

Do I worry too much?
I have a buyer for two of my bears from bear pile. I want to trust every one and I am sure my buyer is genuine. But the credit card machine insists I enter the credit card number, start date expiery date, house number and post/zip code plus the last three digits on the back of the card.
The lovely lady emailed me her details in five emails, but she has sent me a PO box for her bears to be deliverd to in USA.
I know for a fact I need her postal address for the card to be accepted, I am also sure the credit card comply insist I post the bears to the card holders address too for security. I feel so nervous when posting bears I don't want to loose my buyer but want all to be ok. I would hate to loose my bears. I would rather keep them.
Am I right to be cautious?
Hugs Kerren

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Hi Kerren,

you are absolutely right to be cautious. I don't have any experience with taking credit card payment other than through paypal, but can't you explain to her that your bank requires her postal address, not a PO box? If she is genuine she should understand and give it to you. However, as a shipping address I'm not sure what you should require, because on another thread Renae just said that she has all her mail delivered to a box at the post office, because its safer for her (the animals seem to eat the packages otherwise  :crackup: , hope you don't mind me Renae) and maybe your customer has similar problems. What if you require her to pay for registered mail with delivery confirmation? Or perhaps you can ship to her work address? Hope this works out well for you.

kerrenmorris K M Bears
UK
Website

as long as her card checks out and all is passed i don't mind sending to the po box.
the card machine checks all the details and then says they all match and if
you want to carry on with the transaction you can, or if not all details
match you can terminate the transaction, it is up to you but if they don't
all match you could loose the payment, if the card is lost or stolen and you
also loose your bears!
Hugs Kerren

kerrenmorris K M Bears
UK
Website

thanks now all is sorted, my collector sent her addy
hugs Kerren :hug:

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Glad it worked out Kerren. Love your avatar bear btw and the ones on the pic of you.
Hugs

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I have a PO Box here in the States.  It is required in my little town so therefore the PO Box is the billing address on my card.  Some towns are so small that home delivery is not possible....like here....huge area for 350 folks...no home delivery of mail.  We are darn lucky to have a post office!

So it is possible that she finds herself in the same situation.....

It has caused me trouble in the past....which is why I bring it to you.  Do be careful, however it is possible that it is on the up and up.

I DO LOVE BROWN.....UPS

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

I live in the same kind of area as you Dilu. We have only a PO Box as an address. We have to drive 7 miles to where our mail is delivered to a central location of outdoor boxes. There is basically no home mail delivery around here. Then comes the UPS problem...they don't deliver to PO Box addresses & we have no real physical address, and putting complete directions for UPS would take up the whole top of a large box.
Kerren, You are always wise to be cautious, but maybe this customer is in the same situation regarding her address.

Board footer