Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

When it's raining outside, teddy bears have picnic INSIDE!
Humans were having their own picnic in the garage, with the doors openned.
So the bears thought they'd be better in the living room, because first they would not be wet, and second because the dogs were outside so would not disturb them!!!! how clever! my bears were invited by Fabienne's bears for a picnic.

tbpicnic15ww.jpg

tbpicnic22ze.jpg

He he he!

The real story was that Malko and I were invited at Fabienne's home like many other of her friends and Fabienne asked me to bring my handmade bears to show them to the guests.
when they saw the teddy bear picnic, they were all saying Oh! ang Ah!, after I told them I made them myself!

The only missing element for that day was the sun. I rained all the day, unfortunately...
I had prepared some Pimm's for the aperitive and it was a bit sad to drink it with no sun around! Anyway, the most important was that the Pimm's was great: there was an English man among the guests and he was pleased, so I was releived!

After the picnic, the bears went into Fabienne's office to pose for some pictures among colourful pillows. Paddington and Michka (that old bear I want to restore) are on the pic too!

balouco39rq.jpg

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Of course everyone loved your bears, they are adorable.  Oh, I love those pictures.  The bears look like they are having a wonderful time !  action-smiley-033.gif

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Fantastic Sophie, looks like they all had a wonderful time.  :clap:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

CUTE!!!!

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Oh how lovely!!!!!!  Okay... being the uncultured American that I am... I had to go look up Pimm's.  bear_cry

Pimm's
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Pimm's is a brand of alcoholic beverages now owned by Diageo. Its most popular product is Pimm's N°1, a gin-based beverage that can be served both on ice or in cocktails. The recipe of Pimm's N°1 is secret; it has a dark tea color with a reddish tint, and tastes subtly of spice and citrus fruit. A close approximation to Pimm's N°1 can be prepared by mixing one measure of gin with one measure of red vermouth and half a measure of triple sec, although this will lack the spices that give Pimm's its distinctive flavour.

There are five other Pimm's products besides N°1. The essential difference among them is the base alcohol used to produce them: N°1 is based on gin, N°2 on whisky, N°3 on brandy, N°4 on rum, N°5 on rye and N°6 on vodka. At present the only variants aside from N°1 still in production are N°s 6 and 3 (recently marketed as "Pimm's Winter"), both of which are made in much smaller quantities than N°1.

History and culture
Pimm's was invented in the 1840s, by James Pimm, the owner of an oyster bar in the City of London. Pimm offered the tonic (a gin-based drink containing quinine and a secret mixture of herbs) as an aid to digestion, serving it in a small tankard known as a 'No. 1 Cup', hence its subsequent name. Pimm's was commercially marketed in 1859.

After the Second World War, Pimm's extended their range, utilising a number of other spirits as bases for new 'cups'. In 2004, Pimm's introduced Pimm's Winter Cup, which consists of Pimms N°3 (the brandy variant) with added spices and orange peel.

Pimm's is especially popular in Britain, where it has an important place in popular drinking culture. It is normally regarded as a summer drink, ideal for picnics, garden parties, or for spending an afternoon in the pub. It is also popular for serving at summer sporting events, such as rowing regattas, tennis tournaments or cricket matches.

Cocktails
Pimm's N°1 is the essential ingredient in the Pimm's Cup (normally known simply as a Pimm's cocktail), which mixes one part Pimm's N°1 with two parts lemonade or lemon soda (sometimes ginger ale), ice cubes, borage leaves (nowadays a wedge of cucumber is usually substituted for this ingredient), mint leaves and slices of lemon, orange and apple.

So, tell me.... did you serve the Pimm's cocktail as described above?  It sounds delicious!!!!
bear_wub

Kim Basta
Widl Thyme Originals

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Pimm's N°1 diluted 4 times in lemonade + slices of fruits (melon, orange, kiwi, peach).
I did the same too with Schweppes (more acidic taste).

I did not put mint neither cucumber, though...

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Board footer