Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

ShowRaccoon2.jpgShowRaccoon2-4.JPGShowRaccoon2-2.JPGAll right, ladies, I know I said I wasn't going to post any more Show pieces, but after I finished this little guy I wanted to show him to you all so badly anyway!  I think I've been bit by the raccoon bug!  And I think the felted raccoons are here to stay at the 'Bear' Bottoms Studio.

I hope you all like him; he's made to lay on his back.  He can lay on either side and I tried to give him that playful look........ although in the pics it looks like if you were to supsend him from the ceiling he'd look like he was springing from a tree to attach to your face. LOL  I promise he's not that rabid in real life! ha ha ha

I also tried to use natural daylight to take the pics, but I see I'm going to have to work on that a little... lol

Thanks for taking a little peek at him!

Kimberly W.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

OH!!!!! I want one!!!! I gotta have one!!!!!! cute cute cute!!! bear_wub  bear_wub  he's mine all mine all mine!!! gimme gimme gimme bear_wub  bear_grin  bear_grin 
OOOOOOOhhhhh I soooooooo want one :redface:  :redface:
I gather you get the idea I like this one.
Wendy

sarahjane Brisbane

You should post as many show pieces as you want they are all wonderful...This little guy is awesome  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

Kim, he is wonderful!!!! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub You have done a fantastic job! I have a list to that I will have to add this to. Matilda,  no no no he is mine!!!!(I have your platypuss on a want list as well! )
When I was growing up we had a pet raccoon named Oliver and we also had recued a family babie raccoons as their mom got hit by a car.  We raised them and when they were old enough we let the go.  They were a lot of fun to look after. 

Hugs, Lynn

Ft. Bragg, NC

bear_wub You all are so wonderful!! bear_original bear_original bear_original  Thank you!

I still think that if you strung him up with fishing line, he'd make a pretty formidable leaping raccoon. lol

His pictures didn't come out as well as I'd have liked.  Although the natural light is wonderful, unless I can figure out just where to take the pics here in my home that take good advantage and don't have all these 'dark spots' and shadows I'll just have to go back to my lighting I had before.

If I don't watch out, I'm going to be taken over by these little raccoons over here! lol

Kimberly W.

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

Ooooo I do love your racoons Kimberly. Me thinks I will have to have one, they are soooo cute!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
Bear_with.gif
Hugs,
Sandi
P.S. Did you see the pic I found for you on the previous racoon thread?

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Kim, there's no such thing as too many racoons, or too many pictures . . .  :dance:

He's adorable. I love those little critters, and you did a great job on his feets!

Ft. Bragg, NC

Sandi,
Yes, I did!  Sorry I hadn't commented on it on the other thread; we were out running practically all weekend and I was just ablto to pop on the computer for a moment at a time.  But it is super cute!!!

Thank you, Eileen.  His feeties are time consuming!

Kimberly W.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

He is wonderful, Kim!!! Your raccoons are adorable! Such detail!!!  bear_wub  bear_wub

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

So are they for sale?????????????????? Add my name to the list of those who want one. He is sooooooooooooooo cute and what a marvelous job of needle felting.
Hugs
Gail :clap: :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

So cute beyond words!!!  Love your Racoons  bear_wub

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Marvelous little one ! I love absolutely all things about him !  bear_wub

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Kimberly... you are are just going to be swamped by raccoons!  You are doing a GREAT job with these wee ones!!!!!!  Heartbreakingly sweet!  I am predicting that these will be a real hit with Ohioans.... we buckeyes generally LOVE our raccoons!

WildCatDancer wrote:

Don't forget, I'm at the TOP of the list, see, right up there, first in line, me, me, me!

Renae... I am imagining you as a wild red headed toddler!!!!!!   bear_tongue  bear_grin  :hug:

juliah Bracken Bears
Suffolk
Website

You are going to be very busy at your show because if this little one is anything to go by you are going to sell out.  What a relaxed little fella he is.   :clap:

Julia

Ft. Bragg, NC

bear_wub Thanks so much, ladies.  bear_wub I found the BEST prop today to go with him at the show.  It's a 'remake' old wooden sugar or grain scoop that he fits perfectly in.  I'll have to get a pic of him in it for ya'll!

Kimberly W.

Ft. Bragg, NC

Look at these two... Now don't they just LOOK like they're getting into trouble?
TwoShowTroublemakers.jpg

Kimberly W.

Ft. Bragg, NC

Hmmm, looks like the flash gave the sitting one 'cold feet'!! LOL

Kimberly W.

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Kimberly those are the cutest racoons I have EVER seen.  Oh my heavens,  I can't stop  looking at them,they make me smile !  You have done an amazing job .  They have so much personality.   bear_wub  :clap:

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

LYNN, RENAE, Looksw like we will have to duke it out :crackup:

Because they are mine, mine. Mine ,mine,mine :crackup: nah nah nanah nah :crackup:

OH Kimberly I am so glad I popped back in for another look. I just looooove the new pic.
They are just sooooooooooooooooooooooo darling.  bear_wub

It looks like it may be along time before you get to make a bear again. bear_grin
Welcome to the Critter Club bear_grin  bear_grin   It gets mighty busy this side of bear land. bear_grin

Lynn, I am chuffed you have a platy on your wish list. :hug:
Wendy

Ft. Bragg, NC

Hee hee, thanks gals!  Well, the good thing about 'being busy with 'coons' is that I LOVE 'em!!!!  I have so many ideas for raccoons swimming in my head over here!

But alas... I'd better get back on my bear! :)

Kimberly W.

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Hi Kim
Are you also a quilter?
Hugs
Gail

Ft. Bragg, NC

Hi Gail,

I noticed you asked earlier about whether or not they are for sale... These ones aren't; they're for the Teddy Bear Show next month, but after that I'll be back on bears and critters for sale.  bear_original  bear_wacko

About the quilting... I guess you asked because of the quilt in the last pic?  No, I don't quilt, I bought that one from a local crafty-type store as a 'centerpiece' for my table at the show.  I wish I could quilt like that, but I'm not that good! lol

Kimberly W.

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia
wildcatdancer wrote:

Dang it, I want that raccoon!

I think you might have a fight on your hands. :crackup:
Bear_with.gif
Hugs,
Bearlysane Sandi

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Kim, your racoons are adorable, congrats bear_original  :clap:

Ft. Bragg, NC

lol, you all are so funny!  Beware, you might have to be fighting my 5 year old for them, too!  She can be even more formidable than your 'little pussy cat' there, Renae...  bear_tongue

Kimberly W.

Board footer