Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

I know there is nothing any of you can do, but I need to cry on someones shoulder.  I sent one of my bears to a buyer over 3 weeks ago and it is no where to be found.  It was my highest selling bear ever and I feel so sick !!  The post office is useless and I have to wait 1 more week to make a claim.  It has a tracking #- unfortunately they can't seem to track it past when I dropped it off and it is insured, but still-  I could just cry.  This is always my worst fear.  If someone stole it from the mail I hope my bear haunts them !!!!!!!!!!      bear_angry  Or maybe it is just visiting with Customs for a bit.  I so hope it shows up.    No need to reply, I just need to vent !

bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry

ArtHeart Kran-Beary's
Thunder Bay ON Canada

I wouldn't get too concerned yet.  Bears have a marvelous sense of direction, and even though they sometimes take unexpected detours, they will usually find their way to where they are supposed to go.   I've been shipping for 13 years and have sent out thousands of packages...and I have never had a bear get lost yet.  Waylayed,   and detoured yes, but they always make it home.

Check the tracking number on a daily basis.  Since the parcel is ensured, if your buyer gets impatient, you can always offer an apology on behalf of the post, and a refund. Or, you could offer to make and send a duplicate bear.  You will retreive your costs in the end from the post office, if infact the bear has gone AWOL.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY:   You are shipping from Canada. Our mail travels on the antlers of a slow moving moose.  Bears often  like to  hang out in Customs visiting with the nice border staff for a while too.   bear_wacko

If your bear has steel shot in it...expect a stay at customs as his X-ray can look a little suspicious.  If your bear is made of real fur, he can get hung up there for up to three weeks while Fish and Game inspectors make sure he's not made from an endangered species. 

Chin up!    bear_flower  I just know he'll turn up.  The hardest part is dealing with the buyers impatience, especially since you don't have control over the Post or Customs.

hugs,
nt

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Tammy, Nancy is right. If you are shipping from canada, I would expect at LEAST 3 weeks. It take that long for me to get even a small parcel post package from canada with nothing but papers in it.
Sonya

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Tammy,
     I agree with what Nancy has said.  I have had a couple of bears go AWOL, but also arrived in the end.  Both of the bears I had go missing were going to New York State - by any chance is that where it was sent? 

Canada Post is virtually useless at finding lost parcels.  One of mine was a registered parcel (back when we could register them)  I think someone signed for it, and put it on a shelf and forgot about it.  It eventually made it to the buyer.  So don't get to panicky yet - my guess is it will eventually turn up.

hugs,

Brenda

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

This happened to me about a year ago(or 2) at Christmas time and the bear never showed up even though there was a tracking number. I sent it through expedited post and never will again. I send express only now even though it is more expensive.
I did get a refund and my buyer was understanding but I was sick about the whole thing so I understand and big hugs of support for you  :hug:   :hug:   :hug:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Try not to get panicky yet....It took four months to get a tiny golly from Oregon to Philadelphia.....sillysilly....absurdly too long.....

and sometimes things take several months going to Europe....And Like Nancy said....but at least you all have antlered critters....kind of like Santa's reindeer.... o015.gif

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Hey Tammy, how many times did we tell you not to stuff your bears with illegal powders????

bear_tongue  bear_tongue  bear_tongue

Oh, to be serious, don't worry too much! Canada is not the only country to be slow to send parcels!!! Look: it took one of my bears 21 days to reach Ontario from France!!! They sometimes take up to 2 weeks to cross the channel to go to England too!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

I just know your bear will make it home okay in the end Tammy, but here's some prayers just in case they are needed! :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:

sarahjane Brisbane

Tammy don't worry about your bear yet...3 weeks is only a small amount of time when it comes to dealing with postal services....we have sent and recieved hundreds of items without anything ever going missing.....but boy some of them have been on some really interesting tours to get where they were supposed to go!!!!  One of our items took 3 months to get from England to Australia!! (via Timbuctoo I'm sure  bear_grin )

I'm sure your bear will turn up with an interesting tale to tell!!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Dilu sent me a bear and it took over a month to get to me!! I wouldn't give up hope (it is good that it is insured)  :hug:  :hug:

Mitch2052 Blue Valley Bears
Website

Dear Tammy, So sorry to hear you bear is missing in action. I remember that little fellow with the needle felted toes. Being you best selling bear to date and to have him go missing is terrible. Hopefully he will turn up safe and sound. I have been waiting on a white mink collar to come from Canada it has been about 4 weeks now and I am starting to give up hope... fingers crossed
bear_flower
Cheers Susan

Koala Adorable Bears
Shepparton/Victoria

I sent a tiny 7 inch bear to Canada...It didn't arrive to the address. It was insured and Australia  Post tracked to Canada but Canada post didn't cooperate with Aust Post investigation. I was told it could have even been sitting on a shelf in some post office but no they didn't seem to want to check. I did receive full insurance , however,had to quickly make another bear. Fortunatly this has only happened once in 12 years (not counting the credit card thefts) so I guess i am lucky. But I do understand the upset of wondering who has your bear.
Susan
www.adorablebears.com.au

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh Tammy - don't panic yet!  I have heard that Canadian post is terrible (no offense!)  Remember my bear to you took AGES - I think it took three weeks to get to you after it reached Canada - that's just crazy!!!!!!!   

I'm sure he'll be fine!
Danni

JeannieB JeannieB Bears
Greensboro NC

Tammy,
I was very surprised at the short time it took your bears to reach me! I live way out away from any cities and they reached me in less than a week! Even some of my bills arrive here late!
Honestly ,I'm sure your bear will find his new home very soon!
:pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:
Bear hugs,
JeannieB bear_original

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Ughhh...sorry Tammy bear_cry   Once I had a parcel put into the shipping bag instead of the airmail bag by mistake and it took 2 months to reach me!!!! So maybe somehting like that has happened....
hoping!!!!
xo Sarah

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

GOOD NEWS !!!! The bear has finally arrived.

k005.gif All my worry was for nothing.   Thanks everyone for your support and listening to me vent.

Dilu Posts: 8,574
sarahjane Brisbane

Fantastic Tammy...I'm so pleased, I'll bet that bear has some interesting stories to tell!!!  bear_grin

Mitch2052 Blue Valley Bears
Website

Dear Tammy,
I am sure your heart can stop racing now that your bear is home safe and sound. HIP HIP HURRAY
bear_flower Cheers Susan

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Yeah!!!!!!!!!! I love a happy ending!!!!!!!  :dance:   :dance:   :dance:   :dance:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Oh I am so glad for you Tammy!  12AEEA11.GIF
xo Sarah

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Yeah!!!!! I knew it would show up!  That's great news, Tammy.

hugs,

Brenda

Board footer