Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

I got this today and it strikes me as odd.  Especially since it's addressed To Whom it May Concern.......and then there's that bit about the 'mature themes'  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  Just what does that mean?......I can guess, but I'm afraid to go there. bear_sad

This is the actual email:

To whom it may concern:

I am currently working on a short film and came across your website.

Our concept includes a mechanical teddybear that is approx. 2 ft tall
and has limited body movement with facial expressions. It is a very
low-budget feature, but we are planning on shopping it around to the
festival circuit and would love to hear from you if you are interested
in getting a little bit of exposure in the film world.

The story is about the postapocalyptic adventures of a girl and a
teddybear in the desert.
It does contain mature themes, but is definitely a fun project to work on.

I would greatly appreciate it if you would get back to me with an
expression of interest and we could take it from there.

Kind Regards,
Zoe

minkbears Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Lakewood CA
Website

Oh, Zoe, since I live near Hollywood I don't find anything too stange. There are lots of Independent Film Makers who may need someone to make special effect items for a low price. The storyline does not sound so good...especially the mature theme part.
~Kathy

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

A girl, her teddy bear and mature themes?? Weird to me.

But it doesn't hurt to ask, even though it seems weird, like Kathy says, you just never know.

Email for more info, see what they say.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

YES, I GOT THIS TOO!  My teddies won't be appearing "bear naked" in any films, thank you very much!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Check it out with Daphne too....since she just finished her stint in films with bunnies.....

Iowa
Website

Hmm, Kim got one too...... bear_happy  I figured I wasn't the only one!  I did just email back asking just what "mature themes" means in this case.  Couldn't help it....curiosity got the best of me, and as was said....you never know!

:hug:  :hug:
Tracy

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836
Tracy wrote:

Our concept includes a mechanical teddybear that is approx. 2 ft tall
and has limited body movement with facial expressions.
The story is about the postapocalyptic adventures of a girl and a
teddybear in the desert.
It does contain mature themes, but is definitely a fun project to work on.

Kind Regards,
Zoe

Wow, please let us know what they get back to you with.  I'm picturing Teddy Ruxpin meets Mad Max   :crackup: 
"Mature Themes" ?!! What teddy bear artist wouldn't want that gig on their web site about me page  :crackup: Sorry it's late and I'm really punchy!!  bear_grin

~Chrissi
ebay, ctcatherwoods
coming summer2006...www.CatherWoods.com

mj Pinney Bears
North Carolina
Website

mj Banner Sponsor

I got the same email. I didn't like the sound of "mature themes" so now it is in the trash.

Mitch2052 Blue Valley Bears
Website

Dear Tracy,
That just sounds weird, do they want you to make a bear to star in the "movie"? There are so many fraud emails trying to lure us in, I would be wary of this one.
bear_flower
Cheers Susan

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

errrrrrrgh :crackup:

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

I'm picturing Teddy Ruxpin meets Mad Max

:crackup:

I'm seeing a bear brought to life by atomic radiation. The girl and bear are the only survivors . . . or so they thinkbear_cool Being the wise one, the Teddy protects the girl, finding food and water and shelter and (of course) providing comfort and reassurance.   :hug: 

bear_original They lead an idyllic life for a while, sheltering all the little scorpions and roadrunners and horned toads who have also managed to survive, and come creeping out of their desert hiding places . . . until one day their peace is shattered by the arrival of a band of HORRID MUTANTS :twisted: wearing black hooded capes to protect their oozing green faces from the sun!!  bear_wacko

bear_sad They capture the girl . . . they're slavers . . . while the Teddy is out harvesting cactus, but he tracks them across the desert. Day after day, as he travels, his transformation continues, and by the time he finds and rescues the girl, he has become a REAL Grizzly,  bear_angry all teeth and claws and hump. He chews up the mutants and spits them out.  bear_tongue 

The girl is at first terrified bear_cry --but then she recognizes the blue bow bear_shocked  she tied around her Teddy's neck (following Daphne's instructions) so long ago. The bow is tattered and torn and discolored by now, but its loops and ends are still perfectly even.  bear_thumb

bear_laugh  :hug: She embraces her Teddy with a cry of joy bear_wub , and rides on his furry back into the sunset, as they head west to look for more survivors, but nicer ones.

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm
Eileen wrote:

I'm seeing a bear brought to life by atomic radiation. The girl and bear are the only survivors . . . or so they thinkbear_cool Being the wise one, the Teddy protects the girl, finding food and water and shelter and (of course) providing comfort and reassurance.   :hug: 

bear_original They lead an idyllic life for a while, sheltering all the little scorpions and roadrunners and horned toads who have also managed to survive, and come creeping out of their desert hiding places . . . until one day their peace is shattered by the arrival of a band of HORRID MUTANTS :twisted: wearing black hooded capes to protect their oozing green faces from the sun!!  bear_wacko

bear_sad They capture the girl . . . they're slavers . . . while the Teddy is out harvesting cactus, but he tracks them across the desert. Day after day, as he travels, his transformation continues, and by the time he finds and rescues the girl, he has become a REAL Grizzly,  bear_angry all teeth and claws and hump. He chews up the mutants and spits them out.  bear_tongue 

The girl is at first terrified bear_cry --but then she recognizes the blue bow bear_shocked  she tied around her Teddy's neck (following Daphne's instructions) so long ago. The bow is tattered and torn and discolored by now, but its loops and ends are still perfectly even.  bear_thumb

bear_laugh  :hug: She embraces her Teddy with a cry of joy bear_wub , and rides on his furry back into the sunset, as they head west to look for more survivors, but nicer ones.

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup: Exactly what I was thinking  bear_tongue  bear_grin  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Iowa
Website

:crackup:  :crackup: OMG Eileen!!  That's hilarious!! I'm dying here!  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Iowa
Website
Chrissi wrote:

"Mature Themes" ?!! What teddy bear artist wouldn't want that gig on their web site about me page

My thoughts exactly! :crackup:  :crackup: Just what I would want my work associated with.....eewwww! bear_wacko

I haven't heard anything back yet.  I bet I don't since I actually asked for specifics. bear_tongue

Board footer