Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

My bags are packed, I'm ready to go
Standin' here, but can't let go...

How will I survive the next 4 days?

No laptop or Teddy Talk
(What fits that rhymes with teddy talk?)

OK, that went down hill fast but I LOVE Peter Paul and Mary and that song. I think John Denver did a version of it too.

Anyway, hubby and I (and Tucker too) are off to our cabin in the woods for 4 days. I usually bring my laptop but have decided to leave it behind... so you all won't have to 'listen' to my blathering on about nothing for a few days and when I get back I'll have a zillion new posts to read so like Sue Ann said - "Don't post anything while I'm gone!" :lol:

Have a great weekend, talk share, learn and have fun!!! I expect to be able to put together a whole weeks worth of menus when I get back with all the wonderful recipes and hope at least 5 more of you lurkers out there will jump in and start chattering and sharing with us!

See you Sunday night!

Bear Hugs,
Daphne

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oooh Daphne.  How will we EVER survive without YOU and Sue Ann?? NooooOOooOOoo.

We will be terribly lonely, but will look really forward to your return.  Have fun while you're in your cabin, away from everything!! Sounds wonderful!

Danni

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Have a great holidays Daphne and Sue Ann, let us know all about them when you return, photos funny stories etc.

Jane.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Have a great time; sounds like fun.  I missed camping this year; we didn't set any dates aside for it and now summer's almost gone.

Take some pictures!

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Have a great time Girlie! Maybe a little romance too ehh!

Hugs Louise

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Daphne, a vacation away is good for the soul.....and you can sneak some sewing along.

A cabin in the woods sounds very inspiring indeed.  Have a fun and relaxing time.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

That's it.....I'm calling Quy

Without you and Sue Ann we might just as well all take a vacation.

Ahh  have a great time, without us, and tell us al about it when you get back

we'll miss you Daphne....amd Sue Ann

dilu

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Have a great holidays Daphne !!!

Dilu,  HAHAHAHAHA bear_laugh yes, we will be little quiet if no
Daphne and no Sue-Ann(our super adviser).

Hugs/Marie

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hope you're having LOTS of fun, Daphne!!  Miss you, and look forward to your return.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I'm back and boy did I miss you all and our chats!! Thought of you often but I did it...I went almost four whole days without my computer!!!

Here are a few pictures from our long weekend at our cabin. It's in the northwestern part of Maine in the mountains, by a lake.... a beautiful spot as you will see...

Our cabin (2 bdrm, full bath, full kit, family rm w/frplc, elec., running water... by no means roughing it.. as close to 'camping' as I get!!) :lol:
CabinPorch%20sm.jpg

One of the lakes... Mooselookmaguntuk.... it's pronounced just as it's spelled! And yes, many moose in the area... no good pictures this time though.
Mooselookmaguntuk%20sm.jpg

Shot of a magnificent sunset from the water...
WebbSunset%20sm.jpg
See that first tall peak to the right of the sun? Henry proposed to me there 5 years ago this summer!;) What a climb that was...

Speaking of my hubby, here he is with Tucker...
H&TRangeley%20sm.jpg

And my folks came to visit us this weekend... first time to the cabin... we had a wonderful time showing them around and dragging them up a mountain......
Daph,M&D,T%20sm.jpg

Hope you've enjoyed our vacation as much as we did!!

Now, I have two weeks till my first show this year and lots to do. Had a box from Edinburgh waiting for me when we got home today.... FUN, FUN, FUN!!! That's like Christmas even though I know what's in it! Big question is, now that I know I can go 4 days without my laptop can I stay off it that long this week? I already know the answer to that one!!!;) See you tomorrow!!:P

Bear Hugs,
Daphne

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow, Daphne . . . very nice photos and your cabin is in a wonderful environment!!  You and your parents look wonderful (and Tucker!).  Your hubby is a cutie and how romantic . . . proposing on a mountaintop!!!  Looks like it was a very successful weekend ---  beautiful place to rest!  Welcome back and have fun catching up! bear_grin

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oooh wow Daphne, I agree with Sue Ann, HOW ROMANTIC!! I want to be proposed to, just like that.. might be a problem though, not sure if I could get up on top of a mountain to begin with bear_tongue bear_grin bear_angry  :rolleyes:

Thankyou for sharing your BEAUTIFUL photos!!! Tucker sure is handsome!!!  Your parents look gorgeous, and your hubby is a cutie... you are also gorgeous!

Danni

Board footer