Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

In some of the past threads, I noticed that there were a lot of you gals who dibber dobbered in jewelry making too.
I have worked in jewelry for quite a number of years.
Thought I would post a ring I just finished for a lady...she supplied her own stones.

I hope these don't turn out too big...if so I will try again.:lol:
Anyway, I would love to see some of your work.  Please post.  I can't see enough jewelry photos. :lol::lol:

ring.jpg

ring2.jpg

I have to work on getting better pics...the second picture has the late afternoon sun coming in on it and the ring picked up all the colors.
nanc......

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Gorgeous jewelry, Nancy!!  Lucky people who get these pieces!

Sue Ann, you always have such sweet things to say about everyone else's work. 
Thank you so much.
Do you make jewelery of any sort?

nanc.......

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Wo, Nanc, great Jewlery! I can't even imagine how you wuold go about creating that. Amazing! Is it an expensive hobby? Jewlery making that is.
Heather

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Nancy, Nancy, Nancy are you a clever Girl!!!! Beautiful jewelery! :)

Aren't we just a lot of clever lot with all the crafts that come out of our finger tips!

Jane

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I use to make jewelry in high school, anything from sterling silver to fimo clay beads.... I love any kind of art that is 3-D.... Purty ring!

Heather, it can be an expensive hobby, it just depends on how involved you want to get into it.  I have been collecting equipment for quite a few years...sell some jewelry, buy more stuff !  You know, just like bears!!:lol:

Jane, we are a bunch of clever gurls!!  I am trying to pull some of the talents out here, hoping to 'inspire' others to share their interests.

Kim, what have you made lately....anything? Show us, show us!!  Fimo clay and the likes, has come along way in the jewelry field.  There is some gorgeous things made using polymer clays.

Lisa, those little darlings must be protected from everything, you are so right.  Wire wrapping sounds like so much fun and I can see where one could get hooked on it very easily and very fast.  The last jewelry show I went to have some fantastic pieces that it was hard to even detect they were wire wrapped.  They were truly exceptional.
Nanc.....

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I dont know what happened to my fimo clay beads from high school... that is actually a good question... hmmm...  Recently, I have made fimo noses for my bears... it is funny how things are connected.  Who knew that in high school my hobby would turn into bear making!  LOL  I will send more pics when I get a better camera... i promise!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Nanc, do you use the lost wax method and handcast those rings?  Geez, woman... is there any creative thing you DON'T do??? bear_happy

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Nance-such unbelievably beautiful jewlry.  I am so impressed!

So beautiful so lovely so wow!

Thank you for posting your pictures-what a gift you have given us to see this ring.  Wow

dilu

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Wow, Nance, some people make me sick, and you are one of them LOL  Just kidding here.

You are such a talented girl.  Have you ever failed at anything (craft/art)  in your life?!??! LOL

Danni

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Wow,  Nancy the ring is beautiful and what a very clever Lady you are making such a beautiful piece
of jewellery.
I really enjoy watching Antiques roadshow as often there are some gorgeous antique jewellery
that would be great to own and wear.
Keep up the brilliant work!

:)

Bear Hugs
Carolyn

www.draffinbears.com

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Nancy, oh boy you are so clever !
Your rings are sooooooooo
beautiful !!!!!!  superb work !
I never ever had a chance to