Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

I know it must have been VERY hard for Christine to choose photos... but I wanted to say "Thank you Christine!"  This is the first time a bear (well, bunny in this case LOL!) has been in a magazine.... (as I've been too lazy to send in submissions... guess I'll not be so lazy anymore bear_happy )

Also featured are WONDERFUL bears from Kirsten Evans, Wanda Carson & 2 from Rita Harwood.

I have not yet had a chance to read the magazine .I always glance thru it as soon as it hits my hands... so if I missed anyone I truly apologize!

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

That's wonderful Laura,congratulations. bear_grin bear_original bear_laugh I'm still waiting for my magazine to arrive and then I can see.
I've been wondering,I'm new to bear making so I don't know much,do you send pictures to the magazines and they publish them if they like them?How do they choose who to write about and what the subject is?Please someone who has been featured please tell all bear_grin Do you have to be famous first?I can't afford to take out an add so I wonder if there is another way to get exposure. Sorry to be so nosy bear_rolleyes that's so great for you gals and thanks for bringing to our attention  Laura.Way to go!! :cool:
Blessings,Shari.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Congrats, ladies, on being published!

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

A huge congrats Ladies! I TO AM INTERESTED IN HOW YOU ENTER PICS OF YOUR BEARS AND A PROFILE IN THIS MAGAZINE? I think that is wonderful guys!!!!:D

Hugs Louise

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Hi Shari,

Thank you and not a problem!  For this inclusion... Christine Pike came to this forum and asked if anyone had any photos they email her.  She was running short on time, but I responded right away.  Looks like she choose a one photo per type of dye/color process she talked about.

Here's links to the Editorial Calendar & Submission Information for both TBR and TB&F.  They have their subject calendar planned out WELL in advance.  How they choose between ALL the submissions they must get I have no idea....

Teddy Bear Review: http://www.teddybearreview.com/teddybear_editorial.asp

Teddy Bear and Friends also now has a forum!  (oh will I EVER get my bears done? LOL!)
If you go to the News and Annoucements forum.. you'll find all the info you need there for TB&F.

http://www.teddybearandfriends.com/forum/index.php?

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Hey Laura, I can't wait to get the new TBR and see your bunny!  How exciting for you to be published for the first time!  This is working up to be a great year for you, aren't you doing your first show this fall, too?  Now if we can just egg you on enough to enter a contest bear this winter, you'll have done it all  :D

To anyone thinking about catching up with the magazine entry deadlines, go for it!  You do not need to be a household name, you just need to meet the deadlines, submit appropriate materials (holiday bears when they want holiday submissions, for example), follow their rules (if they say they don't accept images in a certain format, don't send them that format) and take decent photos.  They don't even have to be great, professional photos.  On a related note, TBR is accepting holiday submissions until August 10th...

Best of luck!
Kelly

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Congrats girls, I'm so proud of you all!!

Danni

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Too cool you talanted amazing clever gals!  And we get to say we new you when :lol:

i think it is truly great that you are in the mag,. and I am really happy to subscribe too :)

can hardly wait till it gets here!

Dilu bear_tongue

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Big congrats to all you magazine stars . . . that is totally GREAT!!!!  It is a real kick to see your creation in a publication that is read by a gazillion people!! bear_laugh bear_laugh

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Well done Laura. I remember when I had my first bear in a magazine it felt great!

Jane.

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Way to go Laura.  I can't wait to get the magazine.  I may never get published, but it is exciting to know people who are :D

Huge Congratulations !

Board footer