Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Megelles Megelles
Brisbane
Website

Hi Everyone

Voting is now open.

Please go to http://www.woodlandspublishing.com.au/abc/ and vote for your favourite bear!!!

And thank you to everyone for your patience and support.  Next year it will be bigger and better.

Huge hugs

Lisa

http://www.woodlandspublishing.com.au/a … /index.php  I have just copied this link from Karens.

sarahjane Brisbane

Help Lisa I can"t find them....what am I doing wrong??  bear_wacko

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Go to competitions link it is half way down  or try this link http://www.woodlandspublishing.com.au/a … /index.php, thanks Lisa. Well done :clap:

sarahjane Brisbane

Thanks Karen I see them now!!  :doh:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Oh okay..I had some trouble too Sarah  bear_wacko 

I thought that more people had entered than 17.....thats a  bit of a shame...and that we all know who each others bears are LOL  bear_tongue Oh well, just a bit of fun and lets hope it will be bigger next year...we need an Aussie Toby's or the like... heres hoping!!  bear_happy

Australia

Just a quick question Lisa...what stops people from voting for themselves numerous times?  I just tested and voted twice and it let me??????

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Maybe if people knew about. It might may a difference?
Wendy

sarahjane Brisbane

Just a quick question Lisa...what stops people from voting for themselves numerous times?  I just tested and voted twice and it let me??????

I was wondering the same thing myself...I found that you could do the same with the URSA awards too...I guess we just have to rely on everyones honesty....Or maybe it doesn't pick up that second vote?

Megelles Megelles
Brisbane
Website

Hi Ladies

To answer your questions -

1. Number of Entries - there are only a few artists that had their entries ready on time and there was some confusion with the dates.  If you are anything like me I am a last minute person.  When I entered the TOBY Awards I posted my photos on Christmas Eve.  I think if the date for closing was a little closer together that have may helped but we did expect the website would have been finished allot earlier.  And this is the most surpising factor to me that not everyone has a digital camera and or a computer and I have been reminded of this several times. 

2. Voting - I will double check on this but I think it does register who sends the vote.

Also in Australia we are not use to the idea of sending in a photograph of our entries as our competition are workmanship base and as such a "physically judged" competition.  We added in this section in the hope that we would have a few more international entries as Australia is a long way to send your bear via snail mail. 

To advertise the competition Australian Bear Creations needs nearly a year due to the publishing lead time of 3 months. 

Next year it will be easier.

I am happy for this year to be smaller ( I am being very selfish here) as we can iron out all the problems.

We have over 50 entries for part A submitted to date and I hope there will be more as the deadline is 31 August and YES we do accept late entries.  We have had only about 3 entries from the PROFESSIONAL Bear makers out there.  So please send in your entries.   There is still time to post it to me as long as I know it is coming and it arrives by Sept 6th.

For those of you that are not in Brissie,  I was on Television last night promoting the awards. 

Thank you again for all your support.  It couldn't get of the ground without you.

hugs Lisa

PS Thanks for fixing the link - I am hopeless when it comes to copying links.

Pijangibears Pijangibears
Denmark

Hi Lisa

Which competition have deadline August 31th?

The one you have the link to? The one you already can
vote for?

Megelles Megelles
Brisbane
Website

HI Brigitte

TABA is divided into 2 sections. 

Part A deadline is 31 August 2006 - we need the actual bear to be present as we look at workmanship of the bear as well.  You may still have time to send your bear by airmail if your would like to enter.
Part B's deadline was 1st August 2006 and this is the section we are voting on.

please ask me any more questions.

hugs Lisa

Megelles Megelles
Brisbane
Website

If you would still like to enter TABA

please visit www.bearsinbrisbane.com

hugs Lisa

Denmark

Hi Lisa

It takes 7 days to reach Australia. So it is to late.

Megelles Megelles
Brisbane
Website

Definately not!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please send your entry!!  I would love to have it!!  Email me when you post it and I will let you know when it arrives.  The deadline of 31 August is there so I get most of the entries on time.  As long as it is coming and it arrives by Wednesday September 6th I will be happy!!!

hugs Lisa

Denmark

Hi Lisa

How much does it cost for the entry?

Megelles Megelles
Brisbane
Website

The cost is $15 per entry AUD - you can pay via paypal.
3 entries is $40  AUD
Cheers Lisa

Denmark

It is cheap. Do I need to send anything with the bear?
I have never tried this before, so I have to ask.

Megelles Megelles
Brisbane
Website

Sorry I forgot but you will need to pay for the return postage.  And it the competition is all done by volunteers - so the costs are less.  Have you look at www.bearsinbrisbane.com and downloaded the competition form?

hugs Lisa

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

Ok I did my part and voted. A tough decision there we two that I really like. But I made a choice.
Good luck with next year's competition.

Is this limited to Aussie Artists?

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

No Jared it is open to all bear makers ... and the TBA part A is still open untill 6th Sept but the bear has to be there in the fur so to speak.. I know that you couldn't get one here for this yr but next yr you could... so you may want to think about doing it .. Lisa has worked hard on getting this up and running here.

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

I think that next year might be a good idea... bear_thumb
Thanks Pasty.

Australia

Hi Lisa,
Like you said, next year we will all know about this comp and be able to prepare for it like the Toby's etc..so we can all put it down to practice.
At least you and the entered bears have the the ball rolling and looking forward to next year!  This is really exciting for Australia if it takes off  bear_thumb

sarahjane Brisbane

Lisa I think you have done a fantastic job getting the ball rolling on this one...next year will be bigger and better and we will all have 12 months to prepare...you'd better prepare yourself to be inundated with entries next year!!!  bear_grin

Pipa UK

Good luck to everyone who entered, i cast my vote, altho hard because all the bears are wonderful lil creations!!!

Chowlea Bears Chowlea Bears

I voted too  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Board footer